Messing With Texas: The Lone Star States Power Grid Is Working Exactly As Designed

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Fox News and assorted guests have spent the last two days railing about how the problem is actually green power. In particular, they’re blaming Texas’ high use of wind energy and “frozen wind turbines” for the blackout. If only Texas relied more on burning more coal/oil/gas/wood/witches/liberals, then surely all would be well.

Only that’s not the problem. As Ars Technica pointed out on Monday, wind power in Texas is currently working at over 100% of its projected capacity. The real problem is that the Texas electrical grid is working exactly as designed, by people who created a system where the occasional failure is a virtue. Because the profits are better that way.

Yee Haw

Fox News and assorted guests have spent the last two days railing about how the problem is actually green power. In particular, they’re blaming Texas’ high use of wind energy and “frozen wind turbines” for the blackout. If only Texas relied more on burning more coal/oil/gas/wood/witches/liberals, then surely all would be well.

Only that’s not the problem. As Ars Technica pointed out on Monday, wind power in Texas is currently working at over 100% of its projected capacity. The real problem is that the Texas electrical grid is working exactly as designed, by people who created a system where the occasional failure is a virtue. Because the profits are better that way.

Yee Haw
Renewables are not reliable.....

We have an adult President who didn't withhold emergency aid because Texas didn't vote for him.

It's great to have a real President again.
There have been two deaths in Texas because green energy failed...and you are celebrating Biden?....how must your mind work to be able to do that?...
Do you blame the electricity when it causes houses to burn and people to die?

IF you call rolling blackouts, frozen water pipes and deaths due to freezing.... WORKING..... Fucking Idiot leftwit.
It is happening in Missouri without any green energy sources, now blame the rightist.
Tell me again who shut down coal fired plants in Missouri because windmills in Texas and California were so reliable.. I'll wait...

You ecofascist are so stupid! ITs called BASE LOAD and with out it people freeze to death because you have nowhere to turn for power when you need it.

Yee Haw
When I was stationed in Texas in the late 70s, I remember oil executives and government officials GLOATING over how the price of oil was going up in the winter with elderly people freezing to death in places like NYC and Chicago. I have no sympathy right now.

We have an adult President who didn't withhold emergency aid because Texas didn't vote for him.

Biden FEARS TEXAS LEAVING THE UNION----------he's ass kissing atleast in words right now. Funneling money around gives the dems opportunities to funnel money into their pockets and campaigns. The money will go where it ain't supposed to.

Yee Haw
When I was stationed in Texas in the late 70s, I remember oil executives and government officials GLOATING over how the price of oil was going up in the winter with elderly people freezing to death in places like NYC and Chicago. I have no sympathy right now.
So what?...the truth is right in front of you...we still need oil....

If Oregon's last wildfire season was to set the precedent..

1613492133323.png

Yee Haw
LOL.... EcoFascists through the Obama/Biden EPA killed almost half of the 24/7/365 power generating capacity of the US through eco bull shit. They traded it for wind and solar that is just viable for 24-27% of the time and unreliable in continuous amperage due to wind speed and clouds.. ITs a joke that destroys equipment through black outs and brown outs (where the power is to low to operate the equipment). There is no storage of this energy that is viable to offset a 75% down time..

Only a fucking idiot relies on these for long term operational function. Even Elon Musk admits that his Telsa battery farm will last less than 1 hour under load.... We simply do not have the technology today for mass energy storage. IF we had this technology we could capture lightening and store without ever needing a windmill or solar panel again.

Last edited:
IF you call rolling blackouts, frozen water pipes and deaths due to freezing.... WORKING..... Fucking Idiot leftwit.
It is happening in Missouri without any green energy sources, now blame the rightist.
Tell me again who shut down coal fired plants in Missouri because windmills in Texas and California were so reliable.. I'll wait...

You ecofascist are so stupid! ITs called BASE LOAD and with out it people freeze to death because you have nowhere to turn for power when you need it.
The train that delivers the coal to the power plant runs through our little town of Noel Missouri. We are lucky we were just ask to not use too much electric but, the county north of us up to Joplin has no power and it is over towards Miami, Ok that has no power yet we all use power plants fired by coal....Your assumptions to attempt to humiliate failed yet again because of yer ignorance to how power is produced in the area. We have Beaver Dam to the south in Arkanass is that bad also?

The train that delivers the coal to the power plant runs through our little town of Noel Missouri. We are lucky we were just ask to not use too much electric but, the county north of us up to Joplin has no power and it is over towards Miami, Ok that has no power yet we all use power plants fired by coal....Your assumptions to attempt to humiliate failed yet again because of yer ignorance to how power is produced in the area. We have Beaver Dam to the south in Arkanass is that bad also?
Never seen what happens when a damn fails? Damns btw aren't Windmills and solar which don't have the tecnnology to make them even 1/2 as reliable as even damns.

Yee Haw
Renewables are not reliable.....

Yeah, the only one working at over 100% capacity.

Did you even read the Ars Technical report shit for brains?

Conservatives are so fucking stupid, it defies logic. Kind of like the Texas power grid.

Forum List

Back