Mets are 2-0 without DeGrom, life is well!

Fook yeah!!! I was 2! I grew up in Queens, went to Shea so many times. I was there for 86! Gary Carter in NLCS! Greatest baseball season ever in my life. Did you watch the ESPN show about the Mets in that era? "Once Upon a Time in Queens"

Last edited:
That's maybe the greatest baseball documentary I ever saw. Only because I could understand it. My brother is 13 years older than me, so he was there for the Miracle Mets in 1969. He still tells me stories to this day... :)

They're doing a special ceremony for a statue unveiling for Seaver on April 15. That's gotta be must-watch.

They're doing a special ceremony for a statue unveiling for Seaver on April 15. That's gotta be must-watch.

Back in the day, players would do personal appearances at local businesses. I remember one time going to go see Tom Seaver, Jerry Grote and Wayne Garrett at the Abraham & Strauss department store at the Smith Haven Mall out on Long Island. The Yankees used to do the same, but to a lesser extent...

Back in the day, players would do personal appearances at local businesses. I remember one time going to go see Tom Seaver, Jerry Grote and Wayne Garrett at the Abraham & Strauss department store at the Smith Haven Mall out on Long Island. The Yankees used to do the same, but to a lesser extent...
Wow!!! Gosh Wayne Garrett! I had his baseball cards! And Grote was my favorite catcher! Fuggetabout Seaver.... :) The only person I ever met from that Mets team was Ed Kranepool!!! We were at a tennis match out in Nassau somewhere, and he was there! Got a photo and sig, and got to talk to him! He was tall and very cool!!!

Mets are actually scoring runs and hitting with runners in scoring position

As a Met fan, I don’t expect that to last long
That explains it all!

Ya know a person sports team actually tell a lot about the person, and anyone that is a Mutts and South Side Bums ( White Soxs ) fan tell me they are just someone you do not invite to the BBQ block party…

My favorite Met was Chico Escuela

1649505456579.jpeg

My favorite baseball player of all time!

Attachments

• IMG_20220409_050057750.jpg
    IMG_20220409_050057750.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 22
Kirby was during the time of Boggs, Mattingly, Sandberg and so on but Kirby was that fat kid in that adult body that just made you cheer for the Twins…

The underdog team that I remember beating Whitey Red Bird team in that World Series!

Man Kirby was something…

Forum List

Back