Mexico to Pay for the Wall After All?

wouldn't that be ironic as hell. score one to cruz for this idea.

While El Chapo earned 14 billion in drug money from his trafficing, it's not like he took it with him to the US for his trial. You do realize that right? The money is with his cartel in Mexico.

So the US should ask politely for the Sinaloa cartel to hand over that drug money?

Whatever happened with that original plan, you know, Stop people sending money back to Mexico until the mexican government writes us the multi-billion dollar check? Was that all just smoke and mirrors?

Legit Q: Do the Feds NOT already seize assets gained or related to illegal (drug) activity? : The_Donald

tkda90u8lzty.jpg

That is funny. So the same has happened multiple times over. The gov't arrests a dealer. And they figure his career earnings (in this case the 14 billion), and say the will attempt to collect up to that amount. Of course Chapo doesn't actually have that money or access to it. It's with the Sinaloa cartel in Mexico. The others have it. And it's not like they are showing up with suitcases of cash for the US to take out of the kindness of their hearts. It's not like his past enforcers are going to work for free in order to pay back El Chapo's drug money he spent on them.

Kinda a funny diversion, but the chance of the gov't recouping any significant portion of his career earnings are about as good as getting your 40 bucks back you spent on a date that didn't end how you wanted.

wouldn't that be ironic as hell. score one to cruz for this idea.

While El Chapo earned 14 billion in drug money from his trafficing, it's not like he took it with him to the US for his trial. You do realize that right? The money is with his cartel in Mexico.

So the US should ask politely for the Sinaloa cartel to hand over that drug money?

Whatever happened with that original plan, you know, Stop people sending money back to Mexico until the mexican government writes us the multi-billion dollar check? Was that all just smoke and mirrors?
oh yea - there's a long way to go from here to there to be sure. i just think if it shook out that way it would be ironic. but like i told gator, kinda a rebate really as we'd be getting our own money back. :)

That is funny. So the same has happened multiple times over. The gov't arrests a dealer. And they figure his career earnings (in this case the 14 billion), and say the will attempt to collect up to that amount. Of course Chapo doesn't actually have that money or access to it. It's with the Sinaloa cartel in Mexico. The others have it. And it's not like they are showing up with suitcases of cash for the US to take out of the kindness of their hearts. It's not like his past enforcers are going to work for free in order to pay back El Chapo's drug money he spent on them.

Kinda a funny diversion, but the chance of the gov't recouping any significant portion of his career earnings are about as good as getting your 40 bucks back you spent on a date that didn't end how you wanted.

That's not how it works. Though I liked your post. :04:.....

Now that the seizure order has been produced the DOJ will hunt fur business connections...trust me they exist.
Not only do they exist they use legitimate
Business fronts and bank the operating money on both sides of the border.
That's where it can be seized. Will they get
14 billion ... I doubt it....

Once seized it will go into the general funds controlled by .. you guessed it....Pelosi.

Also this will literally take years.

Not a good option for wall money.

Jo

Now that the seizure order has been produced the DOJ will hunt fur business connections...trust me they exist.
Business fronts and bank they operating money on both sides of the border.

Once seized it will go into the grill funds controlled by .. you guessed it....Pelosi.

Jo

I agree. Seizing the money is what will happen. Just like when we seized Iran's billions.

This money could be used to fund the wall. Wouldn't cost the tax payers in America a dime. It would also give Pelousy a good way to grant the money.

It would be a win, win for both Trump and Pelousy. Hope Trump thinks of it and deals with Pelousy.

Once seized it will go into the general funds controlled by .. you guessed it....Pelosi.

Jo

yes that's what happened with Pablo Escobar, and the US siezed how much? (in the tens of millions, even though he was worth 30 times as much as El Chapo).

Remember the US has been searching for this money for decades, it wasn't just yesterday the US said "Ok now we need to work on stopping his assets and the flood of drug money". It's not like we've been just letting those fronts run until they had the conviction. Letting banks operate with known Sinaloa cartel money. His conviction changes none of that. They will still operate on a cash basis outside of banks that can be accessed and shut down.

Jo

yes that's what happened with Pablo Escobar, and the US siezed how much? (in the tens of millions, even though he was worth 30 times as much as El Chapo).

Remember the US has been searching for this money for decades, it wasn't just yesterday the US said "Ok now we need to work on stopping his assets and the flood of drug money". It's not like we've been just letting those fronts run until they had the conviction. Letting banks operate with known Sinaloa cartel money. His conviction changes none of that. They will still operate on a cash basis outside of banks that can be accessed and shut down.
if they do get a lot of his $, they should buy some hippos in his honor and set them free in mexico.

Forum List

Back