Middle east halloween

aris2chat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2012
Eid il-Burbara is the version of costumes and sweets for middle east christians. Not ghosts and goblins but just characters for disguise. It is a bit of a rapunzel like story and escape from a tower.

it is also the kick off of the modern (incorrect) nativity season.

I Think Purim is the ultimate version of costumes&snacks holiday (which also involves drinking!)

I Think Purim is the ultimate version of costumes&snacks holiday (which also involves drinking!)

And rowdy noisy behaviour without the violence and aggression one associates with drunkenness. A lively colourful display of the Jewish character and culture

The best Purim in Israel is getting a crazy costume, (drinking), and crossing Rothschild St. - nothing match this experience IMO.

And rowdy noisy behaviour without the violence and aggression one associates with drunkenness. A lively colourful display of the Jewish character and culture

For Israelis. Christians in the region don't celebrate Purim, though many admire the story behind it.

For Israelis. Christians in the region don't celebrate Purim, though many admire the story behind it.
Actually many does, there are plenty of tourists in Tel Aviv, 80% of them are guests in the hotels near the beac, it's about a 15 minutes walk from Rothschild St. and all of the venues so it's irresistible sensation just as I had on Halloween in LA, simply asking random people in the street for a piece of their costume and taking a walk.

Forum List

Back