Migrants and crime on the border

arnieisblack

Sep 24, 2022
With more migrants trying to cross the border now does that increase crime any? Or no I'm paranoid? Because well you have more ppl trying to cross so that's more people the cartels can kill or rip off. Does more apprehensions at the border lead to more crime? Why is there so much crime on the border? And finally do you blame Biden?

With more migrants trying to cross the border now does that increase crime any? Or no I'm paranoid? Because well you have more ppl trying to cross so that's more people the cartels can kill or rip off. Does more apprehensions at the border lead to more crime? Why is there so much crime on the border? And finally do you blame Biden?
No, crime existed long before Biden was born.

• Banned
I'm not saying they are committing crimes but just by being there doesn' that cause gangs and cartells to rob them and kill them? So are they to blame kinda?

Illegal immigration doesn't seem to drive up the crime rates statistically. It has been a maxim for a while that immigrants—even those who have crossed illegally—commit crimes at a much lower rate than native-born Americans.
In 2018, the illegal immigrant criminal conviction rate was 782 per 100,000 illegal immigrants, 535 per 100,000 legal immigrants, and 1,422 per 100,000 native‐born Americans.
Source: Cato Institute, Right-Center bias, High Factual Reporting

Also, border counties have lower crime rates overall.
1667181395550.png

Associate Professor of Criminology Aaron J. Chalfin of the University of Pennsylvania agrees.
[W]hile it is right for Americans to be concerned about the equality of the immigrants we attract, there is simply no evidence to support that Mexican immigration should be a cause for concern. If anything, there is quite a bit of evidence that the immigrants we attract from Mexico serve to make us safer than we otherwise would be.
Source: University of Pennsylvania School of Arts and Sciences

I think we'll be fine.

I KNOW THE MIGRANTS DONT CAUSE CRIME HERE. mY QUESTION IS DO THEY DO IT AT THE BORDER ON MEXICO'S SIDE? jUST BY ESCAPING IN THAT LARGE OF NUMBERS TO CROSSS OVER DOES THAT GIVE THE GANGS AND CARTELS MORE PEOPLE TO MURDER?

Illegal immigration doesn't seem to drive up the crime rates statistically. It has been a maxim for a while that immigrants—even those who have crossed illegally—commit crimes at a much lower rate than native-born Americans.

Also, border counties have lower crime rates overall.
View attachment 718488

Associate Professor of Criminology Aaron J. Chalfin of the University of Pennsylvania agrees.

Source: University of Pennsylvania School of Arts and Sciences

I think we'll be fine.
Have you checked with any of the Most Wanted?

Forum List

Back