Cheadle in the hot seat

All she did is further the distrust in our government and the Conspiracy Theories with her lack of transparency.

How she still has a job is stunning.
I worked for the government for one year. I was stunned by the number of complete idiots on staff, earning good money, and NEVER fired no matter how egregious their errors.

(I left for the private industry. Not as much money, and no real job security, but at least I was surrounded by competent people who did not resent a capable, hard-working employee - and I was able to use my talents toward real contributions, not processing red tape all day.)

Dems are trying to divert discussion to AR 15s
Republicans are trying to divert to DEI

It all comes down to a failure to secure the site
The building the so-called shooter was on was not that far away and also had a very shallow slope to it. That is what brings questions. If there was one person involved, it was what DEI can produce.

I worked for the government for one year. I was stunned by the number of complete idiots on staff, earning good money, and NEVER fired no matter how egregious their errors.

(I left for the private industry. Not as much money, and no real job security, but at least I was surrounded by competent people who did not resent a capable, hard-working employee - and I was able to use my talents toward real contributions, not processing red tape all day.)
I did contract work years ago for a state DOT agency. I was engaged in digitizing maps, so I was in their office as those maps had to stay on site. I had opportunity to meet several state employees. The most amusing and most horrifying was a man who literally should have been doing the job that had been contracted out to me. Every day after lunch, he would disappear into the men's room for anywhere from one to 3 hours. When I asked him about it one day, his reply was, "I don't sweat on the state's time and I don't shit on mine".

The building the so-called shooter was on was not that far away and also had a very shallow slope to it. That is what brings questions. If there was one person involved, it was what DEI can produce.
How do you explain almost every agent being a white male?
Not enough DEI?

I did contract work years ago for a state DOT agency. I was engaged in digitizing maps, so I was in their office as those maps had to stay on site. I had opportunity to meet several state employees. The most amusing and most horrifying was a man who literally should have been doing the job that had been contracted out to me. Every day after lunch, he would disappear into the men's room for anywhere from one to 3 hours. When I asked him about it one day, his reply was, "I don't sweat on the state's time and I don't shit on mine".
I knew a government employee who told me to call her (for personal conversations) ONLY during the workday because she liked to keep her evenings free for TV and not be interrupted by phone calls.

Oh, yeah. Very much a thing.

If you have a government job and you rise to your level of incompetence, they will laterally move you to a job where you do the least harm as far as the senior people are concerned. They do a lateral move, so you cannot complain about being demoted. So you end up earning the same money in a job with very low expectations. Such people make up those folk who are STILL not reporting in to work at federal agencies.
Which I'm guessing made you much happier, even though you were doing more work. Federal employees are often bitter about even having to come into work. I'm sure it's much worse for those who were finally required to come in and sit at their desk doing nothing, when they got so used ot doing nothing at home for the same money.

Oh, yeah. Very much a thing.

If you have a government job and you rise to your level of incompetence, they will laterally move you to a job where you do the least harm as far as the senior people are concerned. They do a lateral move, so you cannot complain about being demoted. So you end up earning the same money in a job with very low expectations. Such people make up those folk who are STILL not reporting in to work at federal agencies.

Which I'm guessing made you much happier, even though you were doing more work. Federal employees are often bitter about even having to come into work. I'm sure it's much worse for those who were finally required to come in and sit at their desk doing nothing, when they got so used ot doing nothing at home for the same money.
Yes, I was MUCH happier. I also didn’t have my fellow colleagues telling me not to be so good at my work because it made them look bad.

I was SO bored at the government job. All I did was show up, mark time, eat lunch, mark more time, and then go home. Sure, the money was good relative to how little work I did. But I wanted more fhan that for my life, and found it outside government.

The ONLY week at the government job that I went home feeling I actually did something was when my counterpart took a one-week vacation, and I was asked to do her job in addition to my own. Half the government is redudant.

And as far as bitter, I’m dealing with someone now who has complained to me for MONTHS that she is now being required to come in two days a week, when during COVID it was no days. She told me she is “negotiating” with her boss to come in just one day a week, and if she doesn’t get it, she’s going to retire. She is infuriated by the idea of coming in twice a week and apparently just won’t do it. The entitlement is unreal.

I grew up outside Sacramento. My mom was a top bureaucrat, Budget Director for Health and Human Services for the state. I took an internship over the Summer before college. My job was with MediCal looking up assets of the deceased who owed back to the system. They had a 2 year backlog. I was working away and got all sorts of grief from these two hags that had the job for their occupation. I was working too fast. WTF? Anyways, my mom remarried when I was 2, so she had a different last name. One day she comes into the office to take me to lunch. They all flipped out and acted busy when she walked in. She came right to my desk as she was way over the manager for the office and we left. When I got back they were asking how I knew her. When I told them, the blood left their faces. They worked harder during that final month and talked no shit to me and it was glorious. So they do have some fear at those lower levels... but wow did they suck at their jobs. I was better in two weeks than they were with years at the job.

My company currently work on some huge Federal Projects (Private Contractor) with the U.S. Department of Energy and some of the folks they have are.... less than adequate to be kind.

Holdovers from the days that SS agents were picked for their ability to provide protection to senior officials in the U.S. government, and their families.
If that’s the case, how did all those white males allow Trump to be shot at?

Forum List

Back