Mike Huckabee's "cure" for diabetes. SUGARY CINNAMON Rolls. Ahh, GOP "science". Gotta love it!

lol at cured ...yet again we have that mean ass word..cured.....sure you can lose weight which i did......i have done all the things they tell me to do....i eat well....exercise less than needed .....i could always do more....great a1c...great numbers....damn i am cured....till i eat a biscuit....

lady you do realize there are skinny diabetics...and body building diabetics...(talk about pissed off people) the best statement i have heard....

genetics loads the gun....lifestyle pulls the trigger.....

i am wrong there is a cure.....a friend of mine took it.....stomach by pass.....no longer has to even test....no one understands why but within about 30 minutes after the surgery your b/g dives and becomes 'normal

as a diabetic who has tried cinnamon it did nothing for me...and yes i got the right kind etc

ya do realize there is NO CURE only management of this disease and no two diabetics are alike or there would be a diabetic diet ...ever wonder why no one advertises diabetic dinners in eateries...cause what one of us can eat with no problem will cause another to crash....we are unique in our shared disease

Of course. That is why it is legitimate for him to say that losing weight, eating a proper diet, and using cinnamon cured his disease. It may not cure someone else's, and I don't see him saying that it will.

lol at cured ...yet again we have that mean ass word..cured.....sure you can lose weight which i did......i have done all the things they tell me to do....i eat well....exercise less than needed .....i could always do more....great a1c...great numbers....damn i am cured....till i eat a biscuit....

lady you do realize there are skinny diabetics...and body building diabetics...(talk about pissed off people) the best statement i have heard....

genetics loads the gun....lifestyle pulls the trigger.....

That is with all people on all things in the environment. Some people eat peanuts, bread, go out in the middle of a hay field, take blood pressure medication and all is good. Some people eat peanuts and die, some are intolerant to wheat and are gluten free, some can't get near a hay field without sneezing their head off, some take blood pressure medicine and it doesn't work.

We are all different and all unique.

i am wrong there is a cure.....a friend of mine took it.....stomach by pass.....no longer has to even test....no one understands why but within about 30 minutes after the surgery your b/g dives and becomes 'normal
No you are not wrong and yes they understand why it works. Most of the glucose is absorbed in the first few feet of intestines. When you remove them and the body responds by producing GLUT-1 the blood sugar goes down as a matter of course. But the Pancreas is still defective. It is a workaround not a cure. But it does work at least temporarily.

as a diabetic who has tried cinnamon it did nothing for me...and yes i got the right kind etc

ya do realize there is NO CURE only management of this disease and no two diabetics are alike or there would be a diabetic diet ...ever wonder why no one advertises diabetic dinners in eateries...cause what one of us can eat with no problem will cause another to crash....we are unique in our shared disease

Of course. That is why it is legitimate for him to say that losing weight, eating a proper diet, and using cinnamon cured his disease. It may not cure someone else's, and I don't see him saying that it will.
Then why is he pushing it?

hadit you are missing my point...you can control it.....sure.....but i will tell you this....if he eats a biscuit or a bowl of ice cream and does his b/g....he will find he is still a diabetic...control and cure are totally different...and if he is staying on a diet ...then its not cured...just controlled

Then why is he pushing it?
Because he got paid to duh.

This is not a joke. Republicans most popular presidential candidate cured his diabetes eating lots of sugary cinnamon rolls.

This cures diabetes:

Quick-and-Easy-Mini-Cinnamon-Rolls.jpg

Seems absurd at first glance, but that's how allergy shots work. :) And the latest research into peanut allergies shows that avoidance of peanuts with newborns makes their developing a peanut allergy several times more likely. Whereas giving them small amounts of peanut-containing foods can avoid developing the allergy.

delta try not to be an idiot here...diabetes has nothing to do with an allergy.....we are not allergic to sugar.....or carbs....its a disease of the pancreas

Scientific analysis that cinnamon lowers blood sugar.

Cinnamon intake lowers fasting blood gl... - PubMed Mobile - NCBI
I question any article that comes from a publication such as:

Journal of Medicinal Food

Why? Because they are creating a market. So their reporting is biased. In the abstract, they said they CHOSE from random articles and that's what they based their conclusion on.

It's like asking oil companies to conduct a study on climate change and finding there is no cause and effect.

You should know this. Don't just call something simply written down "scientific study". Think about where it comes from and what their motivation might be.

Consider this a "learning moment".
Hit_The_Nail_On_The_Head.gif

FTR even though rdean is lying about Huckabee saying that cinnamon rolls cure diabetes, this clip certainly doesn't make him look Presidential. Quite the opposite, in fact.

That is my thought also. rdean is laying asshole and Huckabee is not Presidential material.

Why? Because they are creating a market. So their reporting is biased. In the abstract, they said they CHOSE from random articles and that's what they based their conclusion on.

It's like asking oil companies to conduct a study on climate change and finding there is no cause and effect.

You should know this. Don't just call something simply written down "scientific study". Think about where it comes from and what their motivation might be.

Good to remember the next time a doctor tries to prescribe pills with tons of serious side effects. Big pharma spends billions of dollars on treating symptoms and makes billions more to push them and makes even billions more.

Good to remember the next time a doctor tries to prescribe pills with tons of serious side effects. Big pharma spends billions of dollars on treating symptoms and makes billions more to push them and makes even billions more.
So you are saying you don't trust your doctor? Better not to go?
Good idea. Follow that prescription. Tell me how well it worked for you.

Forum List

Back