Military Services Face Growing Pressure to Open All Billets to Women

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
female-combat-600.jpg

From a perspective of 23 years of military service, my response is: Why not? Go for it! Just make the requirements and courses THE SAME for both!

In many ways, women have far more killer instinct than men and tend to be far more goal oriented than men. If a woman wants to volunteer for ANY group, let her. And let her prove her ability to do so.

Read this story @ Military Services Face Growing Pressure to Open All Billets to Women | Military.com

army%20rangers%20women.jpg

These arr the two current graduates of the Army Ranger School from These are the first women to earn the prestigious Army Ranger tab

Oh boy. Well....never having been in the military I will defer to military folks mostly. But the one above who did 23 years says go for it....just keep the standards the same. Sounds good to me.

Except....I saw the same in police work. They wanted to diversify police. Especially the specialized units, like SWAT. So....they did. And after a few years....standards had to be lowered. People weren't making it. Simple things....like on SWAT tryouts...being able to drag a human dummy 180 pounds....50 yards. To simulate dragging a wounded officer. Another? Doing 1 full pull up while wearing the 35 pounds of vest/equipment. To simulate pulling up onto a balcony. Another? Sprint 400 meters (1 lap) in under 2:00, then immediately drawing a pistol and putting 2 rounds into a 12 inch circle at 15 yards. Simulates an active shooter response with stress and heart rate then making a precision shot.

Many failed it all. No women passed. There is also a written test that focuses on use of force case law, weapons, tactics, etc. Those who passed....not a diverse group.

So.....many standards were simply lowered.

Hope the military won't end up doing the same.

the cops around here wear a size 44 britches.

Well yeah. Most Americans in general are fat and obese.

Remember when cops lowered their standards so anyone and everyone could be a cop? Well....we got it now.

What is great about the armed forces is that it provides a level playing field for people of all races and genders to excell. What is horrible about it is that these young people are the used to fight and die for reasons having nothing to do with national security.

female-combat-600.jpg

From a perspective of 23 years of military service, my response is: Why not? Go for it! Just make the requirements and courses THE SAME for both!

In many ways, women have far more killer instinct than men and tend to be far more goal oriented than men. If a woman wants to volunteer for ANY group, let her. And let her prove her ability to do so.

Read this story @ Military Services Face Growing Pressure to Open All Billets to Women | Military.com

army%20rangers%20women.jpg

These arr the two current graduates of the Army Ranger School from These are the first women to earn the prestigious Army Ranger tab

Yup and its a tab they will never use. Now two guys will have to wait for the next go round.

I hear the SEAL's might be open to women as well. I'd like to see the lady who could survive BUDS/Hell week.

My dad was in the military for twenty two years and I'd be willing to say that he would say what you said.

What is great about the armed forces is that it provides a level playing field for people of all races and genders to excell. What is horrible about it is that these young people are the used to fight and die for reasons having nothing to do with national security.

Yep. For now. Wait til the libs start demanding standards be lowered. They just can't wait for the first black female Transsexual SEAL.

Forum List

Back