Missouri imports more fireworks than any other state...

I once exported from MO a giant paper bag full of various loose late 90s?

Took them on an airplane back to CA into the overhead. Nary a peep outa skyhags.

Did i do a wrong?
I saw nothing...

Screenshot_20230704-153233-909.png

We used to drive down from Omaha to Missouri to buy M-80s in a plain brown bag. We got fakes the last time. Lady fingers inside M-80 tubes. And most of them fizzled to the point of me starting a major fire at a man-made lake resort. Amazingly, the fire crew put it out. I'm talking 100' flames in 60' trees.

We used to drive down from Omaha to Missouri to buy M-80s in a plain brown bag. We got fakes the last time. Lady fingers inside M-80 tubes. And most of them fizzled to the point of me starting a major fire at a man-made lake resort. Amazingly, the fire crew put it out. I'm talking 100' flames in 60' trees.
Bet that was hard to explain.

...by a lot!

Over $20 worth per person... Almost double the next highest state, Nebraska, at eleven bucks and change.

Up your patriotism and legal explosive game folks.

It isn't that. The largest fireworks store in the nation is in Misery. Some states have great colleges, national parks, cultural attractions, natural scenery.... Misery focuses on explosives for kids.

That's what patriotism is all about

I once exported from MO a giant paper bag full of various loose late 90s?

Took them on an airplane back to CA into the overhead. Nary a peep outa skyhags.

Did i do a wrong?
---1976 * Star running back Terry Metcalf of the St. Louis Cardinals was detained Monday for questioning after threatening, at least in jest, to blow up a Delta Airlines plane, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said. FBI special agent Harlan C. Phillips said Metcalf was arrested by Lambert Airport security personnel following an inspection of his luggage. When security persons found firecrackers in the luggage and inquired how they were to be used, Phillips said Metcalf replied, “to blow up the airplane.” “It would be my guess he was joking. I can’t imagine Terry to have said it otherwise,” a spokesman for the Cardinals said. Metcalf, who was thought to be leaving for next week’s Pro Bowl game in New Orleans, was later released by the FBI pending further disposition of his case but was questioned by local authorities. Phillips said information would be turned over to the U.S. attorneys office for a decision on whether to seek federal prosecution.---

Daily Kent Stater 21 January 1976 — Daily Kent Stater Digital Archive

Forum List

Back