Mnuchin has screwed up and should be fired ... Coronavirus stimulus checks: Where is the missing money going?

Denizen

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2018
Donald Trump's financial dwarf Mnuchin has screwed up and is sending money to the wrong accounts.

It means that millions of people won't get their checks quickly. They will have to wait for weeks or months while the problem is fixed.

Another fine pickle Dopey Donald Trump has got himself into.

Coronavirus stimulus checks: Where is the missing money going?

Dalvin Brown
Jessica Menton
USA TODAY

Americans are reaching out to tax preparers and lining up at their offices around the country to find out what happened to their stimulus checks.

One answer: The IRS sent those missing payouts to an intermediary bank account if a client got an advance on their tax return, tax professionals say.

Clients tipped tax preparers off to the problem when they used Get My Payment, the government’s new stimulus deposit tracking portal, and uncovered that the payments of up to $1,200 for individuals were sent to an account number they didn't recognize. ...

No problem with mine.

Having a problem with yours?

(psst, not going to drop my ad blocker to read your article)

Is that why there is a quarter million in my account today? :dunno:

1587164403048.png

Did you folks see where Steven M claimed $1200 should be enough for a family for 3 months?

~S~
Seriously? Do you have a link for that?

I suppose it is, after all, relative.

It might be enough to live off of. . . . in . .. ahhh I looked it up, the nation with the worst per capita is the Central African Republic. .

So that might go far enough.

Wait a minute.................didn't Trump say that the whole purpose for the stimulus money was so that people didn't have to be fired or furloughed, and could be kept on payroll?

Well, the business loan program is out of money, and the unemployment rate is at around 10 percent. If the stimulus was to keep people on payroll, why are they going to unemployment as well?

If this is Trump "winning", I'm tired of it.

The POTUS who replaces Trump will have to spend years tracing the money and retrieving it from scammers.

Mnuchin is incompetent.

Mnuchin said:

"These checks in the mail or direct deposit, it's really bridge liquidity for people as they go through these difficult times...I think the entire package provides economic relief overall for about 10 weeks."

I'd love to see MuchF*ck serve as example...

~S~

Did you folks see where Steven M claimed $1200 should be enough for a family for 3 months?

~S~

It might be enough to live off of. . . . in . .. ahhh I looked it up, the nation with the worst per capita is the Central African Republic. .

Yes, Mnuchin said that. There's even a video of it on the link.

Mnuchin said:

"These checks in the mail or direct deposit, it's really bridge liquidity for people as they go through these difficult times...I think the entire package provides economic relief overall for about 10 weeks."
While the package's other nearly-depleted loan allocations may allow some small businesses to stay afloat for 10 weeks, the $1200 payments Mnuchin was speaking of before barely last a fraction of that—especially in the large metropoles hardest hit by the virus.

It's not necessarily surprising, however, that Mnuchin would think this.

Since his appointment to the Treasury Department, he and his wife have come under fire for flaunting their opulent lifestyle on social media.

Donald Trump's financial dwarf Mnuchin has screwed up and is sending money to the wrong accounts.

It means that millions of people won't get their checks quickly. They will have to wait for weeks or months while the problem is fixed.

Another fine pickle Dopey Donald Trump has got himself into.

Dalvin Brown
Jessica Menton
USA TODAY

Americans are reaching out to tax preparers and lining up at their offices around the country to find out what happened to their stimulus checks.

One answer: The IRS sent those missing payouts to an intermediary bank account if a client got an advance on their tax return, tax professionals say.

Clients tipped tax preparers off to the problem when they used Get My Payment, the government’s new stimulus deposit tracking portal, and uncovered that the payments of up to $1,200 for individuals were sent to an account number they didn't recognize. ...
????????????????????????????>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>???????????????????????>>>>>WOW!!!!!!!!!........

~S~

Problem is a family would get double that and an additional $500 per dependent, so I doubt he said that.

~S~

Problem is a family would get double that and an additional $500 per dependent, so I doubt he said that.

Post 13 has a link and his comments. If you click on the link, you can see video of him saying it.

~S~

Post 13 has a link and his comments. If you click on the link, you can see video of him saying it.
I clicked on it and there is a pic of him but no video, just an article saying he said that.
never mind, it was lower, and no, that is not what he said..

Wait a minute.................didn't Trump say that the whole purpose for the stimulus money was so that people didn't have to be fired or furloughed, and could be kept on payroll?

Well, the business loan program is out of money, and the unemployment rate is at around 10 percent. If the stimulus was to keep people on payroll, why are they going to unemployment as well?

If this is Trump "winning", I'm tired of it.

They're not.

~S~

Yes, Mnuchin said that. There's even a video of it on the link.

Mnuchin said:

While the package's other nearly-depleted loan allocations may allow some small businesses to stay afloat for 10 weeks, the $1200 payments Mnuchin was speaking of before barely last a fraction of that—especially in the large metropoles hardest hit by the virus.

It's not necessarily surprising, however, that Mnuchin would think this.

Since his appointment to the Treasury Department, he and his wife have come under fire for flaunting their opulent lifestyle on social media.

Good grief!

Re-read your post.

It says nothing about a family or even a person getting by for 10 weeks on $1200.00.

It's talking about the LOANS!!!

The rest is opinion, not fact.

Forum List

Back