More Democrat failure as businesses in Portland closing

Democrat policy is driving Portland into the dirt

/——-/ democRATs destroy everything they touch.
FF4429D4-B045-462F-A397-87A3461E9F75.jpeg

First time I ever set foot in that shithole was Sept of 70. It was new to me and I was impressed with Mt. Hood, Washington Park and Zoo and the novelty of the PNW. Something I had never experienced growing up in the desert SW. Came back numerous times in the ensuing 30 years and noticed a decline each time, but nothing like what I have seen since Y2K. I wouldn't cross the Cascades north of Eugene anymore and that includes in WA. If I want to go to Vancouver Island in Canada, I cross into Canada east of the Cascades and cross there. W. OR and WA are a couple of the biggest shitholes in the country.

First time I ever set foot in that shithole was Sept of 70. It was new to me and I was impressed with Mt. Hood, Washington Park and Zoo and the novelty of the PNW. Something I had never experienced growing up in the desert SW. Came back numerous times in the ensuing 30 years and noticed a decline each time, but nothing like what I have seen since Y2K. I wouldn't cross the Cascades north of Eugene anymore and that includes in WA. If I want to go to Vancouver Island in Canada, I cross into Canada east of the Cascades and cross there. W. OR and WA are a couple of the biggest shitholes in the country.
I had the same experience, in all the West Coast cities (except LA). I visited San Francisco in the early 60s, and lived there in the 70s, in the Mission Distict ... it was a wondeful city: the cable cars, the wharf, Golden Gate Park and the Golden Gate Bridge ... and no skyscrapers. Little Victorian houses, the City Lights bookshop... Chinatown. For a poor Southern white boy, it was paradise. Portland was also great -- they had an amazing giant bookstore. And I liked Seattle, except for the weather.

It's criminal, what the liberals have done to those cities.

There is one bright spot, however. What the Red States should do, is send their drug addicts and petty criminals out to the West Coast, where kindly liberals will look after them -- not prosecuting shoplifters, allowing addicts to make permanent camps on the streets and in the public parks.

This could be in exchange for normal people who are fleeing these terrible places. Even-steven.

Every democratic city is turning into a shithole city and they seem oblivious to the answer. Bring on more woke policies. Attack the police. Defund the police. Don't arrest criminals and the ones you do arrest, let out and even let them out with no bail. They can all be rehabilitated. Geeeeeeeeeeeee, the answer just baffles me.

Forum List

Back