More government WASTE

You know, I would ask why the left isn't as outraged by this as normal American's, but then I realized since they live off of government instead of paying taxes like we do, what the fuck do they care when government is wasting hundreds of millions on bullshit like this?

Fun and games, but no work, at battery plant given $150M in taxpayer money | Fox News

A great deal of money was doled out for green type projects and endeavors. While there have been a few abysmal failures well documented, all the successes are ignored. As in any investment portfolio, there are winners and losers. You look at the overall picture; you don't just bitch about the few losers. But since this is political, I guess that is what you do.

You know, I would ask why the left isn't as outraged by this as normal American's, but then I realized since they live off of government instead of paying taxes like we do, what the fuck do they care when government is wasting hundreds of millions on bullshit like this?

Fun and games, but no work, at battery plant given $150M in taxpayer money | Fox News

A great deal of money was doled out for green type projects and endeavors. While there have been a few abysmal failures well documented, all the successes are ignored. As in any investment portfolio, there are winners and losers. You look at the overall picture; you don't just bitch about the few losers. But since this is political, I guess that is what you do.

Great point my friend. But one glaring problem with your statement. It is not the job of the federal government to "invest" my tax dollars. My tax dollars are strictly for running the federal government in accordance with their Constitutional responsibilities. Nothing less, nothing more. I've always found it disturbing that the left simply doesn't understand that reality. They believe tax dollars are designed to be thrown around as a way to "advance" whatever agenda is on the table of the president.

Investing is the job of the private sector (where there is actual accountability - hence almost no waste and a lot more successes than failures).

the left isn't as outraged by this as normal American's

Do you mean normal Americans who voted Obama into office three months ago, or normal Americans who can read and write better than you do?

Seriously - "American's"???

Great point my friend. But one glaring problem with your statement. It is not the job of the federal government to "invest" my tax dollars. My tax dollars are strictly for running the federal government in accordance with their Constitutional responsibilities. Nothing less, nothing more. I've always found it disturbing that the left simply doesn't understand that reality. They believe tax dollars are designed to be thrown around as a way to "advance" whatever agenda is on the table of the president.

Investing is the job of the private sector (where there is actual accountability - hence almost no waste and a lot more successes than failures).

And that is where you are absolutely wrong. The government invests tax dollars in all sorts of private business, and has for decades. The government redistributes money back to private companies to build weapons for our defense, to build and repair the roads we drive on, to improve water distribution and all sorts of other things. It also diverts money into scientific research whether it is directly through agencies such as NASA or indirectly by supporting research at universities for all types of things.

And as for the private sector having more successes than failures, the fact is the private sector has massive failures all the time. You obviously don't understand much about how business really works in the "real world".

Reminder: 95 Percent of New Businesses Fail

In the world of startups, $1 billion Instagram exits are the exception, not the rule. Failure is a fact every experienced startup founder is intimately familiar with. For all the glittering Groupons and Facebooks of the world, there are thousands of festering remains of once promising startups languishing in the deadpool.

The failure rate is so high that Harvard Business School estimates 95 percent of new businesses fail if failure is defined as failure to meet a set projection. This rate falls down to 70-80 percent if failure is defined as inability to get adequate return on investment. The rate goes down further to 40 percent if we define failure as investors losing all or most money put into the company.

Sobering thought, but also something every star struck entrepreneur should consider before plunging headfirst into this pool. Failure is an ever threatening reality in business, and the sooner you accept this fact, the better you’ll fare.

Reminder: 95 Percent of New Businesses Fail | Startup Dispatch

And that is where you are absolutely wrong. The government invests tax dollars in all sorts of private business, and has for decades.

Boy, vintage liberal "logic" here at its finest. Just because the government has been doing something, doesn't mean it's right, ok, or legal. The government sold weapons to Iran to fund Contra rebels. That was illegal at the time based on legislation passed by Congress. The government also created the MK-Ultra program (again, highly illegal). Should I continue? You have to do better than this son. This is a nonsensical statement to claim "government has done X for decades". The reason I'm bitching is because the government has no Constitutional authority to do "X".

The government redistributes money back to private companies to build weapons for our defense

One of the dumbest staements of all time. They do not "redistribute money" to private companies for defense weapons. They contract/purchase with/from those private companies in a completely legal and Constitutional agreement. Defense is the #1 Constitutional priority of the federal government, and paying for goods or service from a private company is not "redistributing" - it's purchasing. Again, you have to do a lot better than this son. This is weak, flat out wrong, and you know it.

to build and repair the roads we drive on

Again, unconstitutional as roads are the responsibility of the local government in which said road resides

to improve water distribution and all sorts of other things

Again, unconstitutional as "water distribution" is not the Constitutional responsibility of the federal government.

It also diverts money into scientific research whether it is directly through agencies such as NASA or indirectly by supporting research at universities for all types of things

Completely and totally unacceptable unless the research is the Constitutional responsibility of the federal government (such as defense research).

And as for the private sector having more successes than failures, the fact is the private sector has massive failures all the time. You obviously don't understand much about how business really works in the "real world".

How many people invest in new businesses? I would venture to say less than 1%. Most new businesses are small businesses - hence not publicly traded, hence no investors (of course, there are some investors through private agreements, but that is the exception).

the left isn't as outraged by this as normal American's

Do you mean normal Americans who voted Obama into office three months ago, or normal Americans who can read and write better than you do?

Seriously - "American's"???

Yeah - that's it, focus on the inadvertent apostrophe to avoid the catastrophic failure of your beloved liberal administration and liberal policies. :lmao:

Rule #1 for liberals: when faced with indisputable evidence CHANGE THE SUBJECT

Is it any wonder why were $16 trillion in debt, losing Constitutional freedoms by the minutes, and have more poverty than any point in US history with people like Saigon here trying to change the focus to an apostrophe and away from the real problem (ie his beloved ideology)?

And that is where you are absolutely wrong. The government invests tax dollars in all sorts of private business, and has for decades.

Boy, vintage liberal "logic" here at its finest. Just because the government has been doing something, doesn't mean it's right, ok, or legal. The government sold weapons to Iran to fund Contra rebels. That was illegal at the time based on legislation passed by Congress. The government also created the MK-Ultra program (again, highly illegal). Should I continue? You have to do better than this son. This is a nonsensical statement to claim "government has done X for decades". The reason I'm bitching is because the government has no Constitutional authority to do "X".

The government redistributes money back to private companies to build weapons for our defense

One of the dumbest staements of all time. They do not "redistribute money" to private companies for defense weapons. They contract/purchase with/from those private companies in a completely legal and Constitutional agreement. Defense is the #1 Constitutional priority of the federal government, and paying for goods or service from a private company is not "redistributing" - it's purchasing. Again, you have to do a lot better than this son. This is weak, flat out wrong, and you know it.

Again, unconstitutional as roads are the responsibility of the local government in which said road resides

Again, unconstitutional as "water distribution" is not the Constitutional responsibility of the federal government.

It also diverts money into scientific research whether it is directly through agencies such as NASA or indirectly by supporting research at universities for all types of things

Completely and totally unacceptable unless the research is the Constitutional responsibility of the federal government (such as defense research).

How many people invest in new businesses? I would venture to say less than 1%. Most new businesses are small businesses - hence not publicly traded, hence no investors (of course, there are some investors through private agreements, but that is the exception).

Your far right view of the Constitution doesn't make it true. Sorry, and thanks for playing. By the way, I'm not your son and most likely am older than you. Grow up. And whether the government contracts for defense or not, it is still redistribution of money. The government taxes you, takes your money and then spends it where it feels there is need. That need is determined by elected representatives whom we vote for, therefore making that redistribution legal and Constitutional.

That need is determined by elected representatives whom we vote for, therefore making that redistribution legal and Constitutional.

God help us all - it's no wonder the United States is spiraling out of control with people like Auditor around.

1.) Why have a Constitution if it is irrelevant and what is legal/illegal, right/wrong, etc. is "determined by elected representatives whom we vote for"?

2.) If that's the case, then 100% of things done by government have been legal. For example, WaterGate was not illegal and not a scandal since the "determination" was made by "elected representatives whom we voted for" (in this case Richard M. Nixon). Same applies to the Iran-Contra Affair.

I eagerly await your immature and uninformed response. By the way, just out of curiosity, do you realize the profound stupidity of your statements when you're direct quotes are used against you?

The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land. No elected official exceeds it's authority. Quite the contrary, the entire point of that law is to limit the authority of those elected. How sad that you can't comprehend such a simple concept (then again, having been far too lazy and uneducated to actually read the U.S. Constitution, I guess it would be completely unreasonable for me to expect you to actually understand it).

Your far right view of the Constitution doesn't make it true

Only idiot liberal dumbocrats like you have a "view" of the Constitution. The rest of us recognize that it is written in black & white, signed into law, and is the ultimate law of the land.

You're very uninformed and immature opinion of the U.S. Constitution is akin to saying that you have a radical far left view of rape laws, and that women can be raped depending on the situation, if the person doing the rape was elected by the people, etc.

The law is the law you ignorant southerner....

And whether the government contracts for defense or not, it is still redistribution of money.

Purchasing a product or service is not "redistributing" money. You're either the dumbest person in world history, or you're desperation in getting your ass-kicked during a debate is causing you to come up with completely irrational bullshit.

Since I can't believe any person - no matter how mentally impaired - could be this fucking stupid, I'm going to assume it is your desperation.

"Making a purchase is redistributing wealth".... :lmao:

(Having an absolute field day tearing apart your irrational posts - in case you haven't noticed :) )

And the left want more and bigger gubment lol...
Solid waste workers caught idling for hours while residents pay highest rates in region
By Arlene Karidis | February 22, 2016
212752b1aaeb997df7d4dc65a25ff6f8.jpg

Dive Brief:
  • While undercover, ABC Action News reporters in Tampa found a Tampa Solid Waste department garbage truck remained parked for up to 145 minutes before returning to the solid waste lot, and that the two employees, who earn about $20 an hour, were driving less than three hours during each of those two 10-hour shifts. The reporters followed trucks for weeks and discovered that workers were driving around the city, taking food breaks but rarely collecting garbage.

• This finding has caused an uproar among residents whose $35 monthly garbage service is the highest in the Tampa region. Residential pick-up rates have increased 38% since 2012, and commercial rates have increased by 76% in that time.

• The Solid Waste department paid 34,000 hours in overtime last year, with one employee receiving $200,000 over a decade. The department is looking into how to run more efficiently, including considering not to fill open positions. Most immediately, one of the men in the truck caught idle has resigned and the other was terminated. Two more employees have recently resigned because of their insufficient production.
Dive Insight:

Solid waste workers caught idling for hours while residents pay highest rates in region

I would ask you the same question.

Over the weekend, we learned Pruitt has an appetite for fancy pens, and reportedly spent $3,230 last August at a D.C. jewelry store on a dozen silver fountain pens and some personalized journals ― at taxpayer expense.

Oh so it’s the Dems who are behind Corp welfare ?

What a crock. It’s the conservatives who are always giving away America to big biz.

Farmers get paid for the same thing every year, but no complaints?
I have a HUGE problem with all federal "subsidies". They are unconstitutional and simply shouldn't exist.

The government should never be giving tax payer funds to private business. Republicans have really embraced it, see Foxconn.

The government should never be giving tax payer funds to private business.
No argument here! Unfortunately, the left loves corporate welfare almost as much as they love public welfare.
Both sides have certainly taken to it. The government is not good at making business decisions, heck they are often not that good at running government.

Forum List

Back