More Syrians expected to resettle in California as U.S. expands promise of asylum

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I imagine that in time I will be seeing some of these Syrian refugees in the Middle East market I frequent.

More Syrians expected to resettle in California as U.S. expands promise of asylum

Support for newly arrived refugees is crucial, says Yvette Khani of the International Rescue Committee of Los Angeles. The group helps resettle refugees by readying their homes and helping them find jobs or enroll in school. (Robert Gauthier / Los Angeles Times)
70x70

Kate LinthicumContact Reporter

Long before two families fleeing Syria's civil war arrived in Los Angeles last week, Yvette Khani and her colleagues at the International Rescue Committee were busy making preparations.

They made sure the homes where the families would be staying were clean and stocked with familiar Middle Eastern foods. They offered to pick the refugees up at the airport.

The families are part of the first wave of Syrian war refugees who have arrived for resettlement in California, including 179 in the 12 months that ended Sept. 30, according to the State Department. That number is expected to increase rapidly as the U.S. expands its commitment to offer asylum to Syrians, pledging to take in at least 10,000 in the next 12 months.

Hundreds of thousands of Syrians have sought refuge in Europe, where a growing humanitarian crisis has spurred debate about to what degree peaceful countries are obliged to help foreigners fleeing war.

Continue reading at:

I can't think of a better place to put homo hating anti drugging anti drinking narrow minded 7th century savages then in California.

There is nothing California can do about this. It is like the United Nations in Los Angeles. As the mailman once told a neighbor -- there are no more Smiths and Jones moving in. Hopefully the newcomers will behave themselves like those who came before them. Right now everyone seems to get along which is as it should be.

I can't think of a better place to put homo hating anti drugging anti drinking narrow minded 7th century savages then in California.

There is nothing California can do about this. It is like the United Nations in Los Angeles. As the mailman once told a neighbor -- there are no more Smiths and Jones moving in. Hopefully the newcomers will behave themselves like those who came before them. Right now everyone seems to get along which is as it should be.
If there is one state government that will piss muslims off it's California.

If there is one state government that will piss muslims off it's California.

I don't know about that. They seem pretty happy here -- plenty of mosques and Islamic Centers, halal meat, Islamic schools. I just hope they all one day assimilate like the immigrants of old.

Can't wait for the WAR between the Hispanics, and the muslim terrorists... who will win and get the MOST government support...

I think the Hispanics will win because their population is huge and there are many Hispanics in Congress right now. However, I was reading a while back that the largest number of immigrants was coming from the Asian community -- Japan, China, the Philippines, etc.

Where are the homes for these people? Housing is incredibly scarce and wildly expensive. The existing muslim neighborhoods are the most expensive of all. I can't imagine a major influx of people.

Where are the homes for these people? Housing is incredibly scarce and wildly expensive. The existing muslim neighborhoods are the most expensive of all. I can't imagine a major influx of people.

I can't either. I think many of the Syrians if they are Christians will stay with their relatives who are already living here until they get on their feet and find a job.

Wow, there won't be anyone there that is a legal citizen of this country pretty soon. Now wonder Moonbeam is acting like a dicktator already. man oh man

Where are the homes forWw these people? Housing is incredibly scarce and wildly expensive. The existing muslim neighborhoods are the most expensive of all. I can't imagine a major influx of people.

I can't either. I think many of the Syrians if they are Christians will stay with their relatives who are already living here until they get on their feet and find a job.
We aren't allowing any Christians in. obumble doesn't consider them refugees.

Where are the homes forWw these people? Housing is incredibly scarce and wildly expensive. The existing muslim neighborhoods are the most expensive of all. I can't imagine a major influx of people.

We aren't allowing any Christians in. obumble doesn't consider them refugees.

I think in the long run many will be allowed in. There are several churches for Middle Easterners in this country who will complain plus the big Christian organizations will complain which will make the American public sit up as to what is happening.

I just hope that the Muslims who are allowed in make an effort to assimilate and are not radicalized. We don't want something like is seen in documentary The Third Jihad. Google it, and tell us what you think after you watch it.

Cali can have them. I'm hoping that they all think that AK is COLD and they will stay the f**k away.

I don;t think they will come your way unless they love grits.
Grits? This is Alaska, grits are pretty hard to come by.

Oh sorry, I thought that was the abbreviation for Arkansas. If not grits, how about Caribou? Is that Halal since there are already Muslims living in Alaska.

Islam in Alaska - Muslims in Alaska - Islamic Community ...
www.alaskamasjid.com/
This is the official web site of the Islamic Community Center of Anchorage Alaska; (ICCAA, Inc). The largest Muslim community in the state of Alaska.
Ramadan - ‎New Mosque Project - ‎Masjid construction pictures - ‎Location/Contact Us

Day 1: Yes, There Are Muslims in Alaska | 30 Mosques
30mosques.com/2011/08/yes-there-are-muslims-in-alaska/
Aug 2, 2011 - David Abuobaid is an active leader in Anchorage's Muslim community. He said that Alaska is the most accepting state in this country of Muslims .

Cali can have them. I'm hoping that they all think that AK is COLD and they will stay the f**k away.

Oh sorry, I thought that was the abbreviation for Arkansas. If not grits, how about Caribou? Is that Halal since there are already Muslims living in Alaska.

www.alaskamasjid.com/
This is the official web site of the Islamic Community Center of Anchorage Alaska; (ICCAA, Inc). The largest Muslim community in the state of Alaska.
Ramadan - ‎New Mosque Project - ‎Masjid construction pictures - ‎Location/Contact Us

Aug 2, 2011 - David Abuobaid is an active leader in Anchorage's Muslim community. He said that Alaska is the most accepting state in this country of Muslims .
I'm pretty sure I sell goats to muslims based on how they butcher the animals. But they pay cash up front, do all the work themselves, and use everything except the buttholes. And they have not yet threatened to behead me. These guys come from the Phillipines, and there are a few Hmong who also buy goats. There are loads more Eastern European muslims here than the ME, psycho-types. I'm guessing the cold weather doesn't agree with them.

www.alaskamasjid.com/

As long as they behave. Alaska is also one of the most heavily armed states in the country. Personally, I own 200 acres and a backhoe, and I know how to use both.

www.alaskamasjid.com/

As long as they behave. Alaska is also one of the most heavily armed states in the country. Personally, I own 200 acres and a backhoe, and I know how to use both.

I didn't realize that Alaska was one of the most heavily armed states. Thanks for the update. I'm surprised that Muslims would want to settle there since they are used to a warmer climate, but maybe they feel this way they can possibly spread their religion in all 50 states..

Forum List

Back