Most Americans Are Ready For A Muslim President

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
55a661be1300002b0093958f.png

(RNS) A recently released Gallup poll found “tidal shifts” over the past 60 years in Americans’ willingness to support a well-qualified black, female, Catholic or Jewish candidate for president.

But the study also found that 60 percent of Americans would be willing to vote for a president who was a “generally well-qualified person who happened to be Muslim.”

“If the 60 percent is to be used as a proxy of acceptance of Muslims, I am encouraged by an upward trajectory,” wrote Saud Anwar, the mayor of South Windsor, Conn., and that state’s first Muslim mayor.

Anwar said he believes that “religious labels are less critical” at the local level, where “people have a better opportunity to know a candidate and thus vote based on capacity to do the job and performance.”

In national elections, he said, “the labels may become more important for people.”

The good news is that young people are more willing to vote for a Muslim presidential candidate — 76 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds would, as would 67 percent of 30- to 49-year-olds, according to the poll.

The higher youth numbers she attributes to the likelihood they have had direct daily interactions with a Muslim at work or school.

More: Are Americans Ready For A Muslim President? Here's What A New Gallup Poll Suggests

Although I don't expect to see a Muslim U.S. president in the near future - 60% is an interesting upward trend for acceptance and support of one.

That's not exactly what the link says, but still 60% surprises me.

Am I misreading the poll? The chart seems pretty clear to me.
Dont know why this would surprise anyone, after all, the gay shoe shine boy and his transvestite mate are muslim, so its not like the next muslim is going to be the first.

Does your hate and misinformation make you happy?
What misinformation is it you speak of.

That's not exactly what the link says, but still 60% surprises me.

Am I misreading the poll? The chart seems pretty clear to me.
Dont know why this would surprise anyone, after all, the gay shoe shine boy and his transvestite mate are muslim, so its not like the next muslim is going to be the first.

Does your hate and misinformation make you happy?
What misinformation is it you speak of.

I thought that was pretty damn funny myself.

Obama is America's first Gay Muslim President and his wife is the first Wookie First Lady.

Will Hillary be the first Lesbian President? Her Husband was the first Black President don't cha know?

Obama is America's first Gay Muslim President and his wife is the first Wookie First Lady.

Will Hillary be the first Lesbian President? Her Husband was the first Black President don't cha know?

You expect a politician that doesn't waffle or lie?

About his or her Religion or Sexuality? No. I don't expect them to lie about it. If they lie about the Big Stuff, they're gonna' lie about everything else because it's that much easier.

Even Liberals say that is a HUGE part of who we are so yes, I'd like to know.

If it WASN'T then Liberals wouldn't want it pushed in schools to younger and younger kids now would they? Wanna' push Gender Identity and such in schools? Well then tell us ALL about yourself.

I was flippant when I said that Barry was a Muslim. He was raised in a Muslim household, attended a Muslim school, both his father and step-father were Muslim, but if he truly were a Muslim then he could not accept "gay marriage" with the enthusiasm that he does.

In fact, he believes that he is "god," and can define what is "good" or "evil," according to his own infinite wisdom.

I was flippant when I said that Barry was a Muslim. He was raised in a Muslim household, attended a Muslim school, both his father and step-father were Muslim, but if he truly were a Muslim then he could not accept "gay marriage" with the enthusiasm that he does.

In fact, he believes that he is "god," and can define what is "good" or "evil," according to his own infinite wisdom.
Not really, consider that gay muslims exist, otherwise they wouldnt be throwing them off of buildings like they do.
It also why barry the rump ranger might be hiding in the U.S where he is safe from those that would use him to check the aero dynamics of a gay shoe shine boy.
There are gay muslims.

Not really, consider that gay muslims exist, otherwise they wouldnt be throwing them off of buildings like they do.
It also why barry the rump ranger might be hiding in the U.S where he is safe from those that would use him to check the aero dynamics of a gay shoe shine boy.
There are gay muslims.

5 Muslim Nations Where Gay is Legal - LGBT Muslims

Forum List

Back