Kamala Harris's Mother is Caucasian

She isn't an African-American, is what I said.
Black people in Jamaica have a rich history that began with the arrival of enslaved Africans in the 16th century:
Spanish colonization
In 1494, the Spanish colonized Jamaica and brought the first Africans to the island as servants. When the English took over in 1655, many of these Africans were freed and escaped into the mountains, where they became the first Maroons. The Maroons developed their own culture based on their West African roots and resisted slavery for almost 200 years. In 1739, the British granted the Maroons political autonomy, and their descendants and culture are still present in Jamaica today.
British colonization
The British brought hundreds of thousands of enslaved Africans to Jamaica to work in the sugar industry. During this time, some Akan slaves escaped and joined with the Maroons, even becoming leaders. Queen Nanny, leader of the Windward Maroons, is considered a Jamaican national hero for her role in slave resistance.
Morant Bay rebellion
In 1865, Paul Bogle led the Morant Bay rebellion after a Black man was imprisoned for allegedly trespassing on a plantation.

LOL, but the official birth document says she is Caucasian born in India. Must have been a DEI hire that filled out the birth certificate. It also says her dad's race is Jamaican--Is that a thing?
~~~~~~
Brahmins are normally light skin upper class East Indians.

It seems that no one on this thread is aware that they used to classify Indians (at least from certain parts of India) as Caucasian. I don't know if that's still the case. But from what I've heard, apparently it has to do with bone structure, not just skin color.

In any event, she's HALF Indian and her father immigrated from Jamaica, and the vast majority of Jamaicans (as has already been pointed out) are of African descent. At least in part.

I would just say she's mixed. :dunno: But to say she doesn't have any black blood in her at all is downright retarded, all you have to do is look at a picture of her Dad. lol

ETA: but as others have said, race shouldn't matter at all. Anyone voting for someone simply because of their race is a fool or racist.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back