Most Over Reported News

What Topic Is MOST Over-Saturated in the Media?

• Clinton Email Scandal

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Kim Davis

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Planned Parenthood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gay Marriage

• Donald Trump

• Black Lives Matter

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Ilegal Immigration

• Other (Specify)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
... or stories most beaten into the ground.
Which are you most tired of hearing about?

I stay away from the redundant style of news broadcasting....I find the news bot style is most infuriating...
It is nothing like when I was a photo-journalist...

A good question.

Less than 3% of women get an abortion and its legal. And yet, the Rs are going to shut down the govt over less than .01% of our budget going to poor women even though not one cent goes to abortions.

Less than 5% of the population is gay and even fewer want to marry, and yet, the RWs and astoundingly, Repub politicians are wanting to trash the Constitution to deny their very basic rights.

11 million illegals in a country of more than 300 million. Do the math. We need and invite and in some cases even transport migrant workers to the US, we buy they drugs, we are responsible for decimating their manufacturing and agriculture. We are the cause of fewer than those 11 million Mexicans being in the US and yet, the right is livid about it.

20 million Americans now have health insurance but all we hear is how the right wants to take that away.

Education, infrastructure, climate change are just three of the issues that affect us all but there's very little news coverage and none about the Repubs continued obstruction of working on these issues.

man-made climate change.

Of all the issues, that is the one we should be hearing the most about.

If we don't address that very aggressively, none of the rest will matter.

The earth warms up until it hits the inter-glacial optimum, at which time we slowly return toward an ice age. That's what happened during the last two inter-glacial periods, but the temps were actually warmer and the seas higher. It's like clockwork, related to Milankovich cycles, Oceanic oscillations, solar cycles, and yes, biological activity. But on the news, it's the reductive argument of CO2. It's overly reported as fact that CO2 is the elephant in the room. That's what I meant.

Whatever the climate is doing, it's a bit naive to think there is a law that can reverse that.

man-made climate change.

Of all the issues, that is the one we should be hearing the most about.

If we don't address that very aggressively, none of the rest will matter.

The earth warms up until it hits the inter-glacial optimum, at which time we slowly return toward an ice age. That's what happened during the last two inter-glacial periods, but the temps were actually warmer and the seas higher. It's like clockwork, related to Milankovich cycles, Oceanic oscillations, solar cycles, and yes, biological activity. But on the news, it's the reductive argument of CO2. It's overly reported as fact that CO2 is the elephant in the room. That's what I meant.

Whatever the climate is doing, it's a bit naive to think there is a law that can reverse that.
law no ,our action can.

I voted for "other" since "all of it" was not an option. I get sick of hearing about the same things happening over and over and over as if people who do them think that the outcome will be different because they are the ones who do the stuff. What makes a person think that they won't be busted for something when another person has? Why do people take such chances with not just themselves, but depending on the situation, other people too?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I stay away from the redundant style of news broadcasting....I find the news bot style is most infuriating...

What do you watch/where do you go for news?

What do you watch/where do you go for news?
I read it 99% on the internet....I may see a local newscast after watch Judge Jewdy, but I am not really interested in the so called news reporting circuits of the likes of CNN or Fox news..

Queer marriage and Black Lies Matter is high up there also.

... both are on the list... ?

The survey said the most, so I usually choose one even if there are close seconds.

The "floor" is open for other options and discussions -- that was just the starting point.... as you see, there is a lot of discussion about climate change/global warming and I didn't include that on the list.......

Forum List

Back