Mouse Gun! High Standard Derringer

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I picked up this 1970s era H-S Derringer in .22 Magnum this morning for $210.00.

I usually don't mess with them because they have become very overpriced but this one was priced right and the box really adds value to it.

hs 001 (2).JPG

About:

Keep a High Standard - High Standard Derringer | Breach Bang Clear

Cool. Nice collector piece.
I have a NAA "Pug" in 22mag, 5 shots. Little kydex neck holster, never an excuse to not have something! 7 yards will drill pop cans dead center.
IMG_6205.jpg

Cool. Nice collector piece.
I have a NAA "Pug" in 22mag, 5 shots. Little kydex neck holster, never an excuse to not have something! 7 yards will drill pop cans dead center.
IMG_6205.jpg
I buy every NA I come across for cheap....And get shed of them just as quickly. They are damn good trade fodder but the thin mainsprings in them gives me pause as far as depending on them.

If I need a deep BUG I go to my KT P-32. That thing as been dead-balls reliable with Win. Silvertip ammo. Very accurate at bug-gun distances too.

LOL.....I just bought a Glock 42 .380 this morning (w/three mags) for $250.00. A 7-shot .380 is pretty useless to me but there's "meat on the bone" as far as re-sale value goes if you are willing to wait for the next inevitable "panic".

I'll just stick a box of .380 in the case, stick it in the safe, and the waiting game begins. ;)

b 001 (2).JPG

I buy every NA I come across for cheap....And get shed of them just as quickly. They are damn good trade fodder but the thin mainsprings in them gives me pause as far as depending on them.

If I need a deep BUG I go to my KT P-32. That thing as been dead-balls reliable with Win. Silvertip ammo. Very accurate at bug-gun distances too.

LOL.....I just bought a Glock 42 .380 this morning (w/three mags) for $250.00. A 7-shot .380 is pretty useless to me but there's "meat on the bone" as far as re-sale value goes if you are willing to wait for the next inevitable "panic".

I'll just stick a box of .380 in the case, stick it in the safe, and the waiting game begins. ;)

View attachment 638002
Yes NAA are not built like the original Freedom Arms were, (had one). I like the pug though, been reliable so far. Pop a mainspring, I'll make another. I had the KT 32, also used win silvertips. Was nice. Buddy had to have it. Got a KT Pf9 still, 15 years now, lots of rounds, never a misfire, fte. Not as accurate as the wifes Ruger LCP 9 though, that thing drills them.

I can understand stashing it like that of course. Just not a 380 fan, nor a glock fan since I have a muclememory for 1911 grip angle. 380 is OK, fun, accurate, just too fat and slow, worse ballistic coefficient. Kinda like the old S&W 38sw, anemic. I have bounced them off many things, 55 drum, hardwood flooring, tele poles. 22, 9mm don't bounce. 32 acp doe better. Sorry 380 fans. Flip side I had a Beretta 380 I loved to plink with. reliable and accurate. Buddys wife liked it better.

Forum List

Back