MSNBC wins big at Media Research Center's Dishonors Awards night

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
The liberal media generally approach conservatives and their leaders with condescension, mockery, and contempt. So it’s only fair that occasionally, conservatives turn that mockery around on them.

On Thursday night, the Media Research Center held its 2016 Gala and Dishonors Awards. As an MRC staffer going back to 1989, it’s seldom more rewarding to expose media bias than when a crowd of 800 conservatives laugh, clap, and stomp the floor at what you found over the preceding year. :p

Gala attendees vote, table by table, for the Worst of the Worst. At the end of the night, they pick a Quote of the Year. This year, it was an unforgettable blast from last October from then-MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry.

'When her guest, Latino conservative Alfonso Aguilar, praised
House Speaker Paul Ryan as a “hard worker” on October 26,
the MSNBC schoolmarm took exception. “I want us to be super
careful when we use the language ‘hard worker,’ because I
actually keep an image of folks working in cotton fields on my
office wall, because it is a reminder about what hard work looks
like. So, I feel you that he’s a hard worker, I do, but in the context
of relative privilege.”
---------------------------
"In the “Damn Those Conservatives to Hell Award,” the voters selected Chris Matthews trashing Ted Cruz on February 10 on “Morning Joe,” that alleged oasis of calm and civility, “There’s a troll-like quality to Cruz. He operates below the level of human life.”

Please imagine how Matthews would consider those kinds of words to be racist if a conservative said Obama or Al Sharpton operated “below the level of human life.”

-------------------------

For the “Hail Hillary Award,” the voters picked Joy Reid, who replaced Harris-Perry on those weekend mornings.

--------------------------

"for the “Celebrity Dumbass Award.” HBO star Bill Maher won overwhelmingly by trashing the American system and the U.S. Constitution after he compared the Brexit vote to the Republicans preventing a gun-control vote."

Msnbc Wins Big At Media Research Center's Dishonors Awards Night

of relative privilege.”

Holy crap.

This type of thought process is actually running through the minds of some people.

Imagine what that must be like.

That reminds me of this gem:

Description:

Throughout the entirety of the video (which Nielsen herself is recording), she is berating a Lyft driver for having a hula dancer on his dashboard.

She demands to know if is familiar with the pillaging with the “continent” of Hawaii and attempts to call out his “white privilege.”

The driver explains that he is, in fact, of Asian descent, though Nielsen seems to ignore this and continues to berate him for his lack of cultural sensitivity.

She told the driver she would only give him a one-star rating on Lyft and threatened to post the video on the now defunct Gawker website.

Eventually, another passenger spoke up to defend the driver, calling Nielsen pathetic for her continued verbal assault.

Nielsen became even more aggressive in her language and the driver eventually ran out of patience. He pulled over and politely asked her to leave his car. At first she refuses, but relents when he appears to get out as well. However, as soon as she closes her door, the vehicle speeds away.

She laughs this off and concludes her recording with, “The weirdest night of my entire life. And he could not get away fast enough, so I couldn’t get his license plate number. How cute.”

Nielsen obviously thought she would be made the hero of her story, but as The Daily Wire reports, she deleted her Twitter handle when the video went viral. She opened up a new Twitter account, but another user scooped up her old handle and has since used it to make fun of Nielsen and “Girls Night In.”

of relative privilege.”

Holy crap.

This type of thought process is actually running through the minds of some people.

Imagine what that must be like.
If working in cotton fields is the standard then my wife can say she worked. This may sound like bs, but she used to pull a cotton bag behind her when her mom worked the fields in AL when she was 2 years old. She got married when she was 12.

Colin Kapernick can go pound sand.

Forum List

Back