Muslims Don’t Want Xmas Banned

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
In a gesture of goodwill, a leading British Muslim organization has released Christmas cards, congratulating the public on the festive season and assuring them that Muslims do not want to ban Christmas.

"Who wants to ban Christmas? Not Muslims," the Muslim Council of Britain said on its website.

"So put up the Christmas tree, prepare the roast, wrap the presents and spread the Yuletide joy.
Can Muslims Celebrate Christmas?

"None of us will be offended if you go ahead and enjoy the Christmas cheer. We'll remember too the blessings Jesus gave to all of us. He was, after all, an important Prophet to Muslims.”
Muslims-Dont-Want-Christmas-Ban-MCB.jpg

http://www.onislam.net/english/news/europe/467155-muslims-dont-want-xmas-banned-mcb.html
Someone wants to ban Xmas, and it's not Muslims

Last edited:
  • Banned
Some Christmas cheer

n00034841-b.jpg

Christmas-Shopping-Tehran10.jpg

Christmas-Shopping-Tehran1.jpg

ChristmasIran.jpg

Oh, and by the way, all the above pictures were taken in IRAN!

"Christmas is not a Muslim holiday, therefore, Muslim countries do not celebrate it. Muslims in the United States often request that their children not attend Christmas functions at school because the belief of Jesus, peace be upon him, being the son of God runs directly against the core Muslim belief."

Christmas in the Muslim world

"Dear Sheikh, As-Salamu `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barkatuh. Is it wrong for me, a convert for about 5 years, to let my children celebrate Christmas as we did before we embraced Islam? We have never celebrated this holiday because of Jesus, but only as a folk tradition."

"As for your question, you have to bear in mind the fact that it is wrong to let your kids celebrate Christmas for many reasons. The most important one is that Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) once saw people celebrating non-Islamic holidays, and he disapproved of the act and explained to them that Allah has given Muslims two better ones (i.e., `Eid al-Fitr and `Eid al-Adha). Therefore, we should obey the Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) and develop a Muslim identity in ourselves and our children."

New Muslim: Can My Kids Celebrate Christmas? - Da`wah to Non- & New Muslims - counsels - OnIslam.net

Forum List

Back