My ex-wife told me a story about being one of only a few white kids in a mostly black school

She and the other white kids never got to play on the playground and were always forced to be last in the cafeteria line.

Thats probably a lie.

actually it could be true if the black kids in the school had been lured into any of the idiot "black nationalism" sicknesses that were growing up in the
1960s. There were all kinds of psychotic programs
of black SUPREMACY marked with demands for
"black only..........." crap in schools----both town high schools and colleges. In my state college----an all girls thing, black girls demanded and got---SPECIAL
RESTRICTED area of the dining hall, special black dorm, and more informal things like "we are having a meeting" "you are not invited" events in the
general recreation areas of the campus or dorms. I had heard that there were special "black only" clubs---a reaction to white only clubs and kind of self-righteous "payback" Hard for me to understand how you missed it

BLACK ONLY in schools defeats the purpose of Brown v. Board of Education which ended segregation.
This ought to be interesting. How so?

Brown case argued that separate but equal was not constitutional. It made the case for integration. In a college setting, Blacks may want to have cultural and social clubs, but why the request for separate facilities; dorms, recreation, etc? I’m sure whites could give two shits about it and might even support the request. But holy shit does everyone get nervous when whites even form a social club.
You cant force integration if people dont want to go to school together. The only thing thats illegal is segregation. Basically a policy that says kids of different races cannot go to school together. If a school is in a district where no white kids are they cant force a white kid to go to that school. Same if the situation was reversed.

Social clubs for different ethnicities is to celebrate their heritage in a white dominated society. White people dont need a club. Their club is all around them. They literally own most of the systems and business in this country. They dont need a quiet place.

In parts of Maryland, local boards don’t think it is integrated enough and are drawing up plans to pull kids out of neighborhood schools and redistribute to other schools. A topic probably for a stand alone thread but wanted to mention that since you stated you can’t force integration.

What if a bunch of Irish guys form a social club to celebrate Irish heritage? Does that need to be busted up because it is 99 percent white?

Why should it be busted up?

They should not. Point being, their are groups that happen to be White unified by an ethnicity or a religion and some people have a problem with that.

you MISS THE POINT entirely. There are only two
groups of humans in the USA -----WHITE vs BLACK-------<<<< that was the viewpoint of black
leaders and scholars until the 21 st century. Now
all humans are divided into "white" vs "people of color"

She and the other white kids never got to play on the playground and were always forced to be last in the cafeteria line.

Thats probably a lie.

actually it could be true if the black kids in the school had been lured into any of the idiot "black nationalism" sicknesses that were growing up in the
"black only..........." crap in schools----both town high schools and colleges. In my state college----an all girls thing, black girls demanded and got---SPECIAL
RESTRICTED area of the dining hall, special black dorm, and more informal things like "we are having a meeting" "you are not invited" events in the
general recreation areas of the campus or dorms. I had heard that there were special "black only" clubs---a reaction to white only clubs and kind of self-righteous "payback" Hard for me to understand how you missed it

BLACK ONLY in schools defeats the purpose of Brown v. Board of Education which ended segregation.

Brown case argued that separate but equal was not constitutional. It made the case for integration. In a college setting, Blacks may want to have cultural and social clubs, but why the request for separate facilities; dorms, recreation, etc? I’m sure whites could give two shits about it and might even support the request. But holy shit does everyone get nervous when whites even form a social club.
You cant force integration if people dont want to go to school together. The only thing thats illegal is segregation. Basically a policy that says kids of different races cannot go to school together. If a school is in a district where no white kids are they cant force a white kid to go to that school. Same if the situation was reversed.

Social clubs for different ethnicities is to celebrate their heritage in a white dominated society. White people dont need a club. Their club is all around them. They literally own most of the systems and business in this country. They dont need a quiet place.

In parts of Maryland, local boards don’t think it is integrated enough and are drawing up plans to pull kids out of neighborhood schools and redistribute to other schools. A topic probably for a stand alone thread but wanted to mention that since you stated you can’t force integration.

What if a bunch of Irish guys form a social club to celebrate Irish heritage? Does that need to be busted up because it is 99 percent white?

They should not. Point being, their are groups that happen to be White unified by an ethnicity or a religion and some people have a problem with that.

you MISS THE POINT entirely. There are only two
groups of humans in the USA -----WHITE vs BLACK-------<<<< that was the viewpoint of black
leaders and scholars until the 21 st century. Now
all humans are divided into "white" vs "people of color"

We are kind of saying the same thing..... you are just more explicit about it.

One of my uncles got sent to the black high school during desegregation. Most of his problems were of his own making. His dad thought it was right for him to stand up for himself right up until my uncle got banned from the bus for whipping out a cap gun threatening to shoot a black guy in the head, pulling the trigger, and almost causing the driver to wreck. After that his parents were not as encouraging of his misbehavior when they had to drop him off and pick him up every day in the ghettoest part of the ghetto.
Since when is standing up yourself equated to misbehavior?

...I had to fight at least 1 white boy who felt it was necessary to inform me of how inferior I am.

Are you sure you fights were not about your perceived inferiority? An inferiority complex is very common with folks who can't compete. Everyone one was afraid of Negros in my schools, but if one started I fight, I ended it. They are all hype.

1. I choose to believe the OP.

2. This whole school integration matter is filled with hypocrisy.

a. Here in Los Angeles, a certain religious denomination was responsible for insisting on school busing.

b. In 2020, that religious denomination maintains many private schools to which they send their children so that they can receive a quality education with other students who share their culture and can learn in a peaceful and orderly environment.

c. In fact, a few years ago, a member of that religious denomination who was a member of the Los Angeles Board of Education actually criticized members of his own denomination for NOT sending their children to our public schools. He actually used the R-word to label those parents.

3. I think that I have read that there is now MORE school segregation than there was when the Supreme Court came down with its historic decision.

When I was in Vietnam, most of my tour (16 months) was spent living in a "hotel" in the large city of Danang. For whatever reason, the hotel was the barracks for Army (like me), Navy, a few Marines, and some guys who just wore fatigues but did not appear to be in any military service. More than half of the occupants of the 5-story hotel were "Afro-Americans." That put me and most of the guys I worked with in the "minority."

This was the time in our cultural history when Black guys had long, involved rituals that served as a replacement for shaking hands or other casual greetings when they encountered each other. So when three or four would encounter three or four others, say in one of the corridors of the hotel, they would spend two or three or five minutes going through their rituals, blocking the hallways and having a good old time, while everyone else was forced to wait until the ritual was over.

In the cafeteria/dining room, they did the same sort of thing...moving large groups of tables together so that every one not a part of their clique was forced to walk around them and, again, often wait while their quasi-mating rituals played out. And of course, when they left, the tables remained where they had left them, leaving the Vietnamese staff to reorganize the dining room properly.

In short, they - as a group - did everything they could to assert their majority status and inconvenience everyone around them. There was an unwritten rule that "they" would never speak to a white guy in public. People who worked together in supply rooms, motor pools, offices all day long... no greeting, no nothing when they encountered them in the hotel or nearby areas. But if they saw some Black guy they had met once in a bar, the ritual was played out as though they were "brothers from a different mother."

Racism, writ small.

Desegregation was supposed to be the magic bullet that would solve all our problems between whites and blacks.

But then, the whites moved out of mixed neighborhoods and then the schools were segregated again.

So then, the courts ordered integration -- with busing of kids from one neighborhood to another.

Whites responded by moving out of entire cities or putting their kids into private and parochial schools.

The day will never come when white people want their kids to go to schools that are mostly black.

My ex-wife's experience in a mostly black school is the reason why.

When I was in Vietnam, most of my tour (16 months) was spent living in a "hotel" in the large city of Danang. For whatever reason, the hotel was the barracks for Army (like me), Navy, a few Marines, and some guys who just wore fatigues but did not appear to be in any military service. More than half of the occupants of the 5-story hotel were "Afro-Americans." That put me and most of the guys I worked with in the "minority."

This was the time in our cultural history when Black guys had long, involved rituals that served as a replacement for shaking hands or other casual greetings when they encountered each other. So when three or four would encounter three or four others, say in one of the corridors of the hotel, they would spend two or three or five minutes going through their rituals, blocking the hallways and having a good old time, while everyone else was forced to wait until the ritual was over.

In the cafeteria/dining room, they did the same sort of thing...moving large groups of tables together so that every one not a part of their clique was forced to walk around them and, again, often wait while their quasi-mating rituals played out. And of course, when they left, the tables remained where they had left them, leaving the Vietnamese staff to reorganize the dining room properly.

In short, they - as a group - did everything they could to assert their majority status and inconvenience everyone around them. There was an unwritten rule that "they" would never speak to a white guy in public. People who worked together in supply rooms, motor pools, offices all day long... no greeting, no nothing when they encountered them in the hotel or nearby areas. But if they saw some Black guy they had met once in a bar, the ritual was played out as though they were "brothers from a different mother."

Racism, writ small.
Racism writ enormous.

Black leaders like to preach to us about how bad whites are, how much we oppress them, white liberals do the same, but the harsh fact is that black people (except for those who have adopted white ways) make very little attempt to get along with whites.

Also, blacks don't get along with any other race or ethnicity group.

Hawaii long had a mixed population of whites, Japanese and native Hawaiians and everyone got along.

Then blacks moved to Hawaii and there were racial tensions.

Desegregation was supposed to be the magic bullet that would solve all our problems between whites and blacks.

But then, the whites moved out of mixed neighborhoods and then the schools were segregated again.

So then, the courts ordered integration -- with busing of kids from one neighborhood to another.

Whites responded by moving out of entire cities or putting their kids into private and parochial schools.

The day will never come when white people want their kids to go to schools that are mostly black.

So, in your opinion, conservatives will always be racists.

Good to know, I guess.

Good to know, I guess.
Where did I say "conservatives"?

I said "whites".

Liberal whites are just as determined as conservative whites to keep their kids out of black-majority schools.

I think Jimmy Carter sent Amy to a black majority school, but that's because he was a total idiot.

Thats probably a lie.
That's right. When you don't like what you hear and it doesn't fit your idiotic narrative the very first thing to do is shove your head right up your ass so you can't see or hear anything.

Good to know, I guess.

I said "whites".

Liberal whites are just as determined as conservative whites to keep their kids out of black-majority schools.

I think Jimmy Carter sent Amy to a black majority school, but that's because he was a total idiot.
Liberals don't think like that, Son.

You think they do because that's how you think, but it isn't true.

Good to know, I guess.

I said "whites".

OK great, but where the hell are the white liberal's kids in black majority schools if this is true?

White liberals are probably more racist than white conservatives, and here's why I think that's true.

White conservative may have a mild dislike for blacks in general, and will avoid them as a general rule, but it's more like indifference than hostility. If a black presents himself as a possible friend, co-worker, employee, the white conservative will give him a chance to prove himself.

White liberals, on the other hand, are convinced that blacks are inferiors who need constant help from whites to solve their problems. The help comes at a cost, however, the blacks must support the whites in gaining and keeping political power. It's an alliance of sorts, but actually, more like a master-servant relationship. The white is always in control and the black obeys.

Good to know, I guess.

I said "whites".

OK great, but where the hell are the white liberal's kids in black majority schools if this is true?
They get bused there.

dOnald tRump thinks it's a great way to get to school.

One of my uncles got sent to the black high school during desegregation. Most of his problems were of his own making. His dad thought it was right for him to stand up for himself right up until my uncle got banned from the bus for whipping out a cap gun threatening to shoot a black guy in the head, pulling the trigger, and almost causing the driver to wreck. After that his parents were not as encouraging of his misbehavior when they had to drop him off and pick him up every day in the ghettoest part of the ghetto.
Since when is standing up yourself equated to misbehavior?
\
Since when is carrying a cap gun to school, pointing it at someone's head and pulling the trigger good behavior? Kid does that today and he is expelled and in juvie, not just suspended from the bus for the year.

His ex wife did not lie, these kinds of things do & have happened. Also many situations have happened where the only person willing to help a white person was/ is black. BAD black & white people exist, is that a surprise?? most of just don't want to get involved.

Thats probably a lie.

think back in time-----in the 60s and seventies it was
understandable that black kids wanted some payback
even if the idea would prove to be dysfunctional. In fact, it proved to be VERY DYSFUNCTIONAL and the
trend continues. Those "black kids" of that time became the black leaders of our day and were led by
intensely "black conscious leaders" and even scholarly literature. Du Bois wrote well----but his writings,
in perverted form, swayed lots of weak minds like that of Maxine Waters and a whole generation of "black studies" victims. Then there were the really psychotic black nationalism movements like The Elijah Muhummad psychosis, Eldridge Cleaver, Malcolm
X etc etc Being BLACK became an obsession ----BACK THEN. The obsession never ended
" Being BLACK became an obsession "

What were they supposed to be? White?

how about human. I was never obsessed with
the color of my skin------except for the freckles.
I never considered "caucasion" a CULTURE. ---
I was VERY aware of the fact that some people did
have a "white" obsession -------they were the nazis --
an aberration. In fact I grew up in a somewhat
WASPY town that got over "RESTRICTION" against
just about everyone only because the post war baby
boomers needed houses and the area had been farmland. They made out well financially and some held onto their hatreds just like you hold onto your
hatreds. The general area was known for its nazi
sympathies during th

Thats probably a lie.

People only have a problem with it when it turns into a KKK recruiting station. Otherwise no one gives a fuck.

of what group is "no one" a subset in your BLACK VS WHITE universe?
You obviously werent following the discussion. When I said "no one" I was referring to Blacks. The claim was that somehow Black people would be upset that there was an Irish social club.

Forum List

Back