My first meeting with pain doctor on Thursday

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Should I simply expect only an evaluation or will he actually begin the first nerve injections

Not sure what to expect

If you haven’t had a full physical in a long time, you’ll definitely need one before any doctor will administer the injections.

If you’ve already had a physical, and the doctor has told you he’s prescribing the injections, then the appointment is probably for the injections.

If you haven’t had a full physical in a long time, you’ll definitely need one before any doctor will administer the injections.

If you’ve already had a physical, and the doctor has told you he’s prescribing the injections, then the appointment is probably for the injections.
I have not had a physical in maybe a decade

I am getting my spine injections on Monday. I am told, even by the doctor, that they are excruciatingly painful. I worry about being able to drive afterwards.

Excruciatingly painful pain relief injections. Seems diabolical, doesn't it?

Pain sucks. I thank God that I haven't had to deal with much of it in my first 72 years.

Should I simply expect only an evaluation or will he actually begin the first nerve injections

Not sure what to expect

I can't answer that question specifically, but there's a lot of new research about chronic pain and the brain which is fascinating. At least to me. I had bad pain due to a couple of autoimmune disorders a few years ago that will still flare from time to time. When the pain returns it always comes with "baggage"--alarm, worry, etc. I can tell the pain travels on well-worn brain/thought paths if that makes sense. There is a way to disable or at least disrupt those paths. Of course it won't "cure" physical pain but it can help people deal with it.

Maybe your doctor will offer you some of these resources as well as injections. Pain is a life changing event. Anything that can help should be offered.

I have not had a physical in maybe a decade
It would be unethical for a doctor to prescribe and administer an injection like this without a physical to determine if it’s safe.

I don’t know if you're talking about steroids or a nerve blocking agent or what, but it’s serious medication.

If you truly haven’t had a physical in ten years, you’ll surely get one before you get these injections.

Forum List

Back