My God, My God, Why Have You Foresaken Me?

...we were discussing a specific part of the Bible relating to today's Good Friday status...
...Keep it relevant, choose wisely. Each post must contain content relevant to the thread subject...
Let's say that we're talking about--

Mark 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?​

Something that often gets overlooked here is the fact that Jesus prayed in Aramaic. King James' translators chose to write the Aramaic word for 'God' as "Eloi", which is pretty close to how it's actually pronounced in this .wav file.

Bottom line: when Jesus prayed is sounded more like He prayed to "Allah" than to "God".

"My God, My God, Why Have You Foresaken Me?".....says the child dying of bone cancer (as the all-powerful god steadfastly, day after day, refuses to give us the final cure for cancer.)
Dumbest post ever award.
Us Scientific Humanists, if we had god/Jesus/Allah's alleged super-powers, would of course have given the final cure for cancer to humanity (and educated them enough that it's the final cure) many many centuries ago. If you had those powers (just say), Weatherman, would you have done that as well? Please let us know.

Keep in mind that this question goes to the level of your morality, and if there is a loving, caring after-life judge, then he would take your level of morality into account in determining any after-life reward/punishment you might receive. You might just want, to be safe, to err on the side of loving/caring and answer "yes" to this question.
Dufus has no concept as to what death is nor the history of death.
Ignoramous.

"My God, My God, Why Have You Foresaken Me?".....says the child dying of bone cancer (as the all-powerful god steadfastly, day after day, refuses to give us the final cure for cancer.)
Dumbest post ever award.
So god has NOT foresaken the small Christian child dying of bone cancer - even though all-powerful god would of course possess the final cure to cancer? Please let us know - I'm confused.
The doctors who were going to cure cancer were aborted in 1975-1980.
You seem to think that innocent children dying of a curable disease (an all-powerful god can give us the cure) is a laughing matter.
You seem to enjoy killing millions of people in the hopes some of them would have come up with cures for diseases.

Dumbest post ever award.
So god has NOT foresaken the small Christian child dying of bone cancer - even though all-powerful god would of course possess the final cure to cancer? Please let us know - I'm confused.
You seem to think that innocent children dying of a curable disease (an all-powerful god can give us the cure) is a laughing matter.
You seem to enjoy killing millions of people in the hopes some of them would have come up with cures for diseases.
I don't advocate killing people.

Dumbest post ever award.
So Bin Laden should live?

Dumbest post ever award.
Us Scientific Humanists, if we had god/Jesus/Allah's alleged super-powers, would of course have given the final cure for cancer to humanity (and educated them enough that it's the final cure) many many centuries ago. If you had those powers (just say), Weatherman, would you have done that as well? Please let us know.

Keep in mind that this question goes to the level of your morality, and if there is a loving, caring after-life judge, then he would take your level of morality into account in determining any after-life reward/punishment you might receive. You might just want, to be safe, to err on the side of loving/caring and answer "yes" to this question.
Ignoramous.
As your heart gets bigger (hopefully it will), you'll then be willing to say "yes, if I had god/Jesus/Allah's alleged super-powers, I would of course have given the final cure for cancer to humanity many many centuries ago."

Fear is holding you back from saying that simple loving statement. I believe in you.

Good question. Put those types in jail, forever. If you can't take him alive then I see no other option but to shoot him (can't risk our boys too much.)

Good question. Put those types in jail, forever. If you can't take him alive then I see no other option but to shoot him (can't risk our boys too much.)
You and I have no definitive answer as to when a person becomes a person.
So I error on the side of life and say it's a child in the womb.
You error on the side of death and say it's a lump of tissue.

Dumbest post ever award.

Ignoramous.
As your heart gets bigger (hopefully it will), you'll then be willing to say "yes, if I had god/Jesus/Allah's alleged super-powers, I would of course have given the final cure for cancer to humanity many many centuries ago."

Fear is holding you back from saying that simple loving statement. I believe in you.
What about the child who steps out in front of a car? Want God to jump in and stop it every time? No plane crashes anymore? Kids can fall off of cliffs and skyscrapers and walk away?

You don't think things out much.

Dumbest post ever award.

Ignoramous.

What about the child who steps out in front of a car? Want God to jump in and stop it every time? No plane crashes anymore? Kids can fall off of cliffs and skyscrapers and walk away?

I didn't say those things - don't put words in my mouth, I just asked if YOU, if YOU would have given us the final cure for cancer - that's all.

Can you summon up the moral courage to say "yes, I love humanity enough to do that"?

Dumbest post ever award.

Ignoramous.

I didn't say those things - don't put words in my mouth, I just asked if YOU, if YOU would have given us the final cure for cancer - that's all.

Can you summon up the moral courage to say "yes, I love humanity enough to do that"?
Why not? You misstate the Bible all the time. How is that different?

Dumbest post ever award.

Ignoramous.

Nailed you. Your inability to answer the question nor justify your position for aborting babies says it all about your definition of concern for your fellow mankind.

Forum List

Back