My Take: Uninformed juries produce incorrect outcomes

Rittenhouse did not get the benefit of restorative justice. Some things to consider.

Excerpt:

I was a troubled teen. I remember the day I was called to my high school’s administrative office to receive a call. He gave me advice I have never forgotten. He told me that he had been notified that the police were going to arrest me and that I needed to tell the truth even if it was going to get me in trouble.

I was in my early 30s when I reflected upon this wisdom when performing part of his eulogy. It was horrible legal advice, but I know it saved my soul.

The mistakes I made as a teenager have informed my whole life’s purpose. My doctoral dissertation, on forgiveness, would not have been written if I had not accounted for my own moral failings.

Kyle Rittenhouse represents a character in the larger story of the divided American society. I follow these events and the attitudes and opinions surrounding them as an expert researcher focused on healing divided societies. There are many bifurcations, and the casualties that are not being discussed are healing and truth. His acquittal is a springboard, and the public is now at increased threat.

No criminal trial is motivated by healing or truth. Trials are about fact finding and fact exclusion. The truth, for example, that after pleading not guilty earlier this year Kyle posed with Proud Boys while flashing a white power hand sign and T-shirt that said “Free as F---,” was not allowed in trial. Rittenhouse remains “Free as F---,” unpermitted facts notwithstanding.

continued
Yeah!!!... wearing a tshirt proves you committed murder!!! YEah!!!

FFS 🤡

Legally they were rioters and arsonists. Looting, burning and destroying property is what they had been doing for three days. They can only be called victims if they are proven to have fallen victim to a crime. That was never proven, and certainly hadn’t been proven when the feckless, irresponsible prosecutor illegally tried to use the term to prejudice the jury after being instructed that he couldn’t use the term earlier by the judge. That’s why the judge was so angry.
But there was no proof of the shot persons burning and looting. The only issue was whether the State could show Rittenhouse's account of being in fear for his life or safety was unreasonable.

But it's obvious why the judge wouldn't let the state call the people shot "victims" while Kyle contended they wanted to hurt him.

Not like a progressive like Wim Laven would have an impartial agenda. :rolleyes-41:
Not a good source to make a credible premise, IMO.
I'll stick with a jury that heard all the facts, put aside the politics, MSM, and the threats
of violence to come to the correct decision, surada
Shameful

Rittenhouse did not get the benefit of restorative justice. Some things to consider.

Excerpt:

I was a troubled teen. I remember the day I was called to my high school’s administrative office to receive a call. He gave me advice I have never forgotten. He told me that he had been notified that the police were going to arrest me and that I needed to tell the truth even if it was going to get me in trouble.

I was in my early 30s when I reflected upon this wisdom when performing part of his eulogy. It was horrible legal advice, but I know it saved my soul.

The mistakes I made as a teenager have informed my whole life’s purpose. My doctoral dissertation, on forgiveness, would not have been written if I had not accounted for my own moral failings.

Kyle Rittenhouse represents a character in the larger story of the divided American society. I follow these events and the attitudes and opinions surrounding them as an expert researcher focused on healing divided societies. There are many bifurcations, and the casualties that are not being discussed are healing and truth. His acquittal is a springboard, and the public is now at increased threat.

No criminal trial is motivated by healing or truth. Trials are about fact finding and fact exclusion. The truth, for example, that after pleading not guilty earlier this year Kyle posed with Proud Boys while flashing a white power hand sign and T-shirt that said “Free as F---,” was not allowed in trial. Rittenhouse remains “Free as F---,” unpermitted facts notwithstanding.

continued
The fact he posed in a picture after the fact, is not relevant to what happened the night he defended himself from attackers.

I agree, the point of a trial is a search for the truth, and about facts. That is not relevant to what happened that night, and if used at trial merely used to try and prejudice the jury.

That's a case of black man whose wife was shot in their bed, in their own home, by police, and. That man fired back when he heard the flash bang thinking their home was under attack. It's very similar to the Breanna Taylor case in most regards, except the cop he shot died. The cop Taylor's boyfriend shot, survived his wounds.

There are absolutely no similarities to the Rittenhouse case at all. And the black man is still under indictment for owning an illegal weapon, and could get 30 years for that. Something the Judge gave Rittenhouse a pass on.
For the thousandth time, the weapon wasn’t illegal. Under the law Riienhouse legally possessed the rifle, the prosecution agreed with that after the defense forced them to measure the barrel length. If the prosecution agreed it was legal, who are you to disagree?

Excerpt:

continued
Ah - the love expressed for a serial child rapist and two other career criminals trying to murder a 17 year old is very touching.

Of course, foreign appratchiks will love ANYTHING that they see as destroying this country so they can replace our way of life with theirs.

If they'd killed Kyle with no witnesses, there'd have been a different result.

And I drove across the Edmund Pettus Bridge yesterday around noon.

Not like a progressive like Wim Laven would have an impartial agenda. :rolleyes-41:
Not a good source to make a credible premise, IMO.
I'll stick with a jury that heard all the facts, put aside the politics, MSM, and the threats
of violence to come to the correct decision, surada
Shameful

Here you go.. Love his underaged drinking with Proud Boys right after he made bail.

Nobody "lied" about Rittenhouse. WTF does some clown at the New York Post know about it?

• Overall we rate the New York Post on the far end of Right-Center Biased due to story selection that typically favors the Right and Mixed (borderline questionable) for factual reporting based on several failed fact checks.
Another sucker that believes the liberal media.

Check out the list of lies and prove the reporter wrong. I challenge you.

In this link is a video documenting the fact that the media had convicted Rittenhouse before his trial. You get to see the media talking heads displaying their hatred and bias.

Then read Rittenhouse‘s comments on his trial.

But there was no proof of the shot persons burning and looting. The only issue was whether the State could show Rittenhouse's account of being in fear for his life or safety was unreasonable.

But it's obvious why the judge wouldn't let the state call the people shot "victims" while Kyle contended they wanted to hurt him.
They were part of a mob that was, when a crime is committed, every person involved is as guilty as the person committing the crime. That’s basic law, there are thousands of people in prison for murder and other crimes whose hands didn’t actually commit the crime. In fact Grosskreutz and drop kick man could be convicted of murder or manslaughter because two men died during the attacks on Rittenhouse. It wont happen. But it could and has in the past.

Here you go.. Love his underaged drinking with Proud Boys right after he made bail.

Oh my......forget the trial, let's lock him up for drinking underage.

I got drunk quite regularly underage and went to UCI to listen to what the Black Panthers had to say.
Lock me up

I would say that you have a big FAIL going for you in this thread, surada .

Was he underage when he drank? And since it’s a free country he can drink with anyone he pleases.

Yet even a Proud Boy could "get bye" on self defense if he shot and killed three people attacking him.

Imo, the more serious question for us is: A person may not claim self-defense if they instigate the violence which led to their fear.

What if one goes to protest a Klan march, and the Klan attacks? Have I instigated the violence? What if I confront the Klan while holding an AR-15? Charlottesville might have had a much different outcome if the good liberals of Charlottesville (and it is a lib bastion) lined the streets packing "big heat." Of course it might have turned into a bloodbath.

So my question is "where the hell are we going with this violence?" On both sides.

No the judge heavily censored the "relevant facts" so that only facts which didn't prove Kyle's connections to white supremacists, his history of threatening protestors, and his violence against others, was not admitted.

Anything else is legalizing murder of people who you feel are "dangerous" to you.
And the conspiracy gets larger... Anything to avoid admitting you could just simply be wrong, huh?

No the judge heavily censored the "relevant facts" so that only facts which didn't prove Kyle's connections to white supremacists, his history of threatening protestors, and his violence against others, was not admitted.
Those are neither factual nor relevant to the case, dragoncrotchlady.
The judge also disallowed the previous criminal records of the scumbag attackers of Rittenhouse.
Educate yourself regarding admissible evidence or STFU.

Forum List

Back