🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

N. Korea Vows to Nuke US

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know rational peeps will say it's just rhetoric and America-hatin' Americans will insist we deserve it but how do we respond to this threat? Can we risk just shrugging it off?

Furious over sanctions, NKorea vows to nuke US - Yahoo! News

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea vowed on Thursday to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the United States, amplifying its threatening rhetoric hours ahead of a vote by U.N. diplomats on whether to level new sanctions against Pyongyang for its recent nuclear test.

An unidentified spokesman for Pyongyang's Foreign Ministry said the North will exercise its right for "a preemptive nuclear attack to destroy the strongholds of the aggressors" because Washington is pushing to start a nuclear war against the North.
We need to give these god-damn sanctions a rest.

They're giving us a bad reputation around the world.

Perhaps. I'm not a military tactician obviously, but I'm certainly not concerned by a third-world country's pitiful nuclear weapons program. Especially in comparison to the U.S.'s arsenal.

You can click on the active military in the link and have it ranked. North Korea has the 4th largest active military in the world and 8,200,000 in reserve. That's the largest reserve military in the world.
List of countries by number of military and paramilitary personnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A war with North Korea will get a lot of people killed, because they will attack the south.

(My bold)

You should take a look @ OPLAN 5027 - there's an entry @ Wiki, but more detail @ OPLAN 5027 Major Theater War - West This one only runs to 2008. US military planners don't think much of NK's military transport/supply. They do respect all the tube weapons.

I don't expect NK to win, but it would be foolish to provoke a war in Korea. There is little to gain and a lot to lose.

great now we have yet another nutter to deal with.

some rich spoiled brat who has been told all his life that he is better than all other human beings

You want us to deal with a government that cannot possibly realistically threaten the United States? Why?

And why should we assume that they can't realistically threaten us?

Im sure when Hitler was making his threats about murdering certain segments of his population the people were likewise saying "He can't possibly do that"

Personally, when evil men with political power say they are going to do something, it's probably a good idea to atleast consider that they are serious about it.

How to respond to the threat, is a question that isnt easy to decide. But let's not just ignore him.

North Korea is not Germany before, during, or after the war. They wish they were as developed as 1930's Germany.

I think the threat should be taken at face value, and considered real.
Actually it's nothing new, NK threatens us all the time.
I think the cheapest way to deal with NK is to let them go on unmolested, based on the historical demonstration of their skill level they will likely destroy themselves before they destroy anyone else.

It may already be US policy....

The democrats are in charge. A nuke by anyone isn't an act of war but an act of mercy.

I know rational peeps will say it's just rhetoric and America-hatin' Americans will insist we deserve it but how do we respond to this threat? Can we risk just shrugging it off?

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea vowed on Thursday to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the United States, amplifying its threatening rhetoric hours ahead of a vote by U.N. diplomats on whether to level new sanctions against Pyongyang for its recent nuclear test.

An unidentified spokesman for Pyongyang's Foreign Ministry said the North will exercise its right for "a preemptive nuclear attack to destroy the strongholds of the aggressors" because Washington is pushing to start a nuclear war against the North.
We need to give these god-damn sanctions a rest.

They're giving us a bad reputation around the world.

Doing what is right is far more important than what anyone thinks of us.

You want us to deal with a government that cannot possibly realistically threaten the United States? Why?

Im sure when Hitler was making his threats about murdering certain segments of his population the people were likewise saying "He can't possibly do that"

Personally, when evil men with political power say they are going to do something, it's probably a good idea to atleast consider that they are serious about it.

How to respond to the threat, is a question that isnt easy to decide. But let's not just ignore him.

North Korea is not Germany before, during, or after the war. They wish they were as developed as 1930's Germany.

You missed the point. Which was don't dismiss evil men when they make threats. Pride leads to destruction to this very reason.

You missed the point. Which was don't dismiss evil men when they make threats. Pride leads to destruction to this very reason.

Yet we can't overreact every time some clown threatens us either. Your point is a valid one, and appropriate since I was taking a rather nonchalant attitude in this thread, but that's the point I was attempting to get across. Admittedly not very well.

N. Korea Vows to Nuke US
No one cares that North Korea threatened the US, even though they have nuclear bombs and their leader is absolutely batshit crazy. For some unknown and god forsaken reason,
People are more interested in attacking Iran, because one day, they may or may not develop a nuclear weapon.

Last edited:
Do you believe it is possible for the Russians to srike our nuclear facilities and blame it on North Korea? Seeing as North Korea is on record here vowing to do it? Sounds feasible to me. - Jeremiah

Guess you missed the whole satellite tracking thing..didn't ya.:eusa_eh:

You mean South Korea and Japan who are also both far more developed than North Korea in their own right, and who are both under the protection of the United States?

Nuclear capability is a development, in and of itself, but it's not necessarily impressive. Without the resources to make that development relevant, as in the case of North Korea, it's not threatening.

So what if South Korea and Japan are "more developed"? They aren't totalitarian communist regimes that are threatening anybody. And just because they, as well as the US, are more "developed", doesn't mean they wouldn't be susceptible to an attack or that their defenses are absolutely impervious to a nuclear strike.

The point is that by themselves Japan and South Korea are more than capable of defending themselves from any North Korean aggression, let alone with the aid of the U.S. North Korea's missiles fail to launch as often as they succeed, and they're constantly making empty threats. Why do we need to get scared of every tinpot dictator with no teeth?

North Korea has the ability to fire a missle and it will land somewhere. With a nuke on board it does not have to have pin point accuracy. Are you willing to put your family under one of these possible nukes? Nobody said we should be scared but we should not just roll over and go back to sleep like we have for the last 4 years.

Are you asking us to prove a negative?

Not at all. What leads democrats to believe that North Korea is so powerless when it is obvious that Kim Jong Un has allies? I'm sure that the liberal democrats here have an answer. They already know everything.

You asked "Democrats" to prove that North Korea doesn't have such alliances. That's a negative. For the record, Venezuela and Iran are not threats to the U.S. either, regardless of any alliance between the three of them.

Venezuela, Iran, and North Korea are only powerless if we make them that way. All threats should be taken serious. It is stupid to do otherwise.

If ever there was a need for a pre-emptive nuclear strike, it would be against NK.

So what if South Korea and Japan are "more developed"? They aren't totalitarian communist regimes that are threatening anybody. And just because they, as well as the US, are more "developed", doesn't mean they wouldn't be susceptible to an attack or that their defenses are absolutely impervious to a nuclear strike.

The point is that by themselves Japan and South Korea are more than capable of defending themselves from any North Korean aggression, let alone with the aid of the U.S. North Korea's missiles fail to launch as often as they succeed, and they're constantly making empty threats. Why do we need to get scared of every tinpot dictator with no teeth?

North Korea has the ability to fire a missle and it will land somewhere. With a nuke on board it does not have to have pin point accuracy. Are you willing to put your family under one of these possible nukes? Nobody said we should be scared but we should not just roll over and go back to sleep like we have for the last 4 years.

Do they? I've seen their missiles fail as often as they succeed.

We need to rush a message to Obammy to get in touch with Dennis Rodman to straighten the little Napoleon out.....:eusa_whistle:

Your AV would make a fine letterhead for that message. :D

He can barely get it up, let alone land the delivery:rolleyes: If we jumped every time someone threatened to nuke is we'd be at war with half the planet. As it stands right now, we're in more dnager from domestic terrorists than the North Koreans.

Who else has verbally threatened us with nukes? They have them and the ability to send them somewhere. I am sure Obama will do nothing as it appears you are willing to go along with. Personally I feel we should take any threat serious and let it have serious consequences as I always took serious any threat on me or my family.

Who else has threatened anyone with a preemptive nuke attack? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back