🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

N. Korea Vows to Nuke US

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a multitude of ways North Korea could deliver a nuclear bomb to South Korea. It does not have to be by missile. Tunnel, suicide airplane, boat, truck.

Nor does it have to be by ICBM to nuke the US. A small boat sailed into any harbor could do the trick. We have over 80,000 miles of unprotected coastline.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Last edited:
Oh, and I consider Rodman the new Jane Fonda.

(I like the take on Princess Mononoke.)

I don't know that Rodman has a political bone in his body. Did he have anything political to say about his visit?

Would it have been ok for him to go have afternoon tea with Bin Laden? If not why not?
He doesn't have to say anything political to show his stupidity and betrayal.

I don't know that Rodman has a political bone in his body. Did he have anything political to say about his visit?

Would it have been ok for him to go have afternoon tea with Bin Laden? If not why not?

Is Kim Jong Un really comparable to Osama bin-Laden? Seriously?

UN backs expansion of North Korea sanctions after nuclear threat

The United Nations security council has voted unanimously to punish North Korea for last month's nuclear test with a toughened sanctions regime, hours after Pyongyang threatened to unleash a pre-emptive nuclear strike on the United States.

Secretary general Ban Ki-moon, a former South Korean foreign minister, said the resolution "sent an unequivocal message to [the North] that the international community will not tolerate its pursuit of nuclear weapons".

(My bold)

Again, I don't know that Rodman has a coherent political thought in his head. What does his visiting K. Jung-un mean? What does Rodman say it means?

Could he have visited Bin Laden? Maybe, although it's hard to see how Rodman could have tracked him down without a lot of effort. & again - What would that mean?

What is Rodman betraying? His confidences with Madonna? The NBA? His team? I don't see the point - & I still don't know that Rodman is a political actor. Are we supposed to quake in our boots because Rodman went to NK & tossed back a few beers or whatever with K. Jung-un? A lot of people in the World don't care @ all what we think, or the West thinks. I'm OK with that - TMK, we're not required to have an opinion about every blessed thing that happens in the World.

Just as well - most of the "celebs" whose names get bandied about in the MSM are complete ciphers to me. I don't watch enough TV to keep up with who they are, who they're married to, what their claim to fame is. I feel perfectly entitled to ignore them, & I invite them to do the same with regards to me.

So what if South Korea and Japan are "more developed"? They aren't totalitarian communist regimes that are threatening anybody. And just because they, as well as the US, are more "developed", doesn't mean they wouldn't be susceptible to an attack or that their defenses are absolutely impervious to a nuclear strike.

The point is that by themselves Japan and South Korea are more than capable of defending themselves from any North Korean aggression, let alone with the aid of the U.S. North Korea's missiles fail to launch as often as they succeed, and they're constantly making empty threats. Why do we need to get scared of every tinpot dictator with no teeth?

North Korea has the ability to fire a missle and it will land somewhere. With a nuke on board it does not have to have pin point accuracy. Are you willing to put your family under one of these possible nukes? Nobody said we should be scared but we should not just roll over and go back to sleep like we have for the last 4 years.
I agree. I think it's time for the Chinese to stop playing footsies with that fellow, and pull the plug on supporting that regime. The Chinese have the clout to go in and tell that regime that they are fired and are being replaced with more sensible and moderate leadership, who will commence peace talks with South Korea with the aim of achieving reunification of the Korean Peninsula.

I know rational peeps will say it's just rhetoric and America-hatin' Americans will insist we deserve it but how do we respond to this threat? Can we risk just shrugging it off?

Furious over sanctions, NKorea vows to nuke US - Yahoo! News

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea vowed on Thursday to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the United States, amplifying its threatening rhetoric hours ahead of a vote by U.N. diplomats on whether to level new sanctions against Pyongyang for its recent nuclear test.

An unidentified spokesman for Pyongyang's Foreign Ministry said the North will exercise its right for "a preemptive nuclear attack to destroy the strongholds of the aggressors" because Washington is pushing to start a nuclear war against the North.
We need to give these god-damn sanctions a rest.

They're giving us a bad reputation around the world.

So you suggest we respond to N. Korea by bending over and spreading our cheeks. Yeah ... that's about what I expect from you, tough guy.

There are a multitude of ways North Korea could deliver a nuclear bomb to South Korea. It does not have to be by missile. Tunnel, suicide airplane, boat, truck.

Nor does it have to be by ICBM to nuke the US. A small boat sailed into any harbor could do the trick. We have over 80,000 miles of unprotected coastline.

So how should we respond?

Do you believe it is possible for the Russians to srike our nuclear facilities and blame it on North Korea? Seeing as North Korea is on record here vowing to do it? Sounds feasible to me. - Jeremiah

Our detection systems can identify the launch and hence where the launch was initiated. So no, it is not possible.

The point is that by themselves Japan and South Korea are more than capable of defending themselves from any North Korean aggression, let alone with the aid of the U.S. North Korea's missiles fail to launch as often as they succeed, and they're constantly making empty threats. Why do we need to get scared of every tinpot dictator with no teeth?

North Korea has the ability to fire a missle and it will land somewhere. With a nuke on board it does not have to have pin point accuracy. Are you willing to put your family under one of these possible nukes? Nobody said we should be scared but we should not just roll over and go back to sleep like we have for the last 4 years.
I agree. I think it's time for the Chinese to stop playing footsies with that fellow, and pull the plug on supporting that regime. The Chinese have the clout to go in and tell that regime that they are fired and are being replaced with more sensible and moderate leadership, who will commence peace talks with South Korea with the aim of achieving reunification of the Korean Peninsula.

It would be nice if it were that simple.

Is Kim Jong Un really comparable to Osama bin-Laden? Seriously?

We should make him exactly the same as Osama bin-Laden........dead.

Double the sanctions everytime they make another stupid, empty threat.

You have to love the liberal logic here: They aren't a threat because they can't send a missle our way yet.

Yea, we should just wait until they finally do get it right and have the capability. THEN we'll start to take them seriously.

I mean really, its not like this country has killed tens of thousands of Americans, or close to a half million South Koreans. So they're not a threat.

So...what do YOU suggest we do?

No, that's not my arguement.

Well then what is your argument? And doesn't it rely on the assumption that North Korea, a communist regime, is going to develop? Absent market reforms, North Korea can't develop to a point that they're a threat to the U.S. Not in this universe, anyways.

Most people consider a nuclear capability a "developement", evidently you don't.

Also, why do we need to wait for them to be a threat to "the U.S."? All they need to do is be able to strike at Japan, or South Korea. You know, where plenty of US military are located....not to mention the citizens of those countries whose lives are at stake.
So...what do you want us to do NOW?

Most people consider a nuclear capability a "developement", evidently you don't.

Also, why do we need to wait for them to be a threat to "the U.S."? All they need to do is be able to strike at Japan, or South Korea. You know, where plenty of US military are located....not to mention the citizens of those countries whose lives are at stake.

Our policy is to not get a bunch of people killed by being stupid. I don't think you could follow or understand such a policy.

Translation: Our foreign policy is to stick our head in the ground and not do anything about belligerent nations actively trying to pursue a means to attack the US or our allies.
So what do you want us to do?

Perhaps. I'm not a military tactician obviously, but I'm certainly not concerned by a third-world country's pitiful nuclear weapons program. Especially in comparison to the U.S.'s arsenal.

You can click on the active military in the link and have it ranked. North Korea has the 4th largest active military in the world and 8,200,000 in reserve. That's the largest reserve military in the world.
List of countries by number of military and paramilitary personnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A war with North Korea will get a lot of people killed, because they will attack the south.

(My bold)

You should take a look @ OPLAN 5027 - there's an entry @ Wiki, but more detail @ OPLAN 5027 Major Theater War - West This one only runs to 2008. US military planners don't think much of NK's military transport/supply. They do respect all the tube weapons.

Not how WE used to be briefed.

Just say thanks for letting us know!

What other options would North Korea have, if China pulled the plug on their continuing support for their regime? Here is a list of Global Military Strength Rankings.
Global Firepower Military Ranks - 2013

The USA is ranked #1, China #3, South Korea #8.
In contrast North Korea is ranked #28. Could North Korea take on China militarily? I don't think so. And if one factors in their belligerent relations with the USA and South Korea, the situation looks even grimmer for them.
It is also unfortunate that the North Korean people (due to the sanctions) are not getting a chance to benefit from the economic growth that China is benefiting from.
I take it you or others believe that the North Korean elite would prefer to incur a military defeat than to bow to the reality of their situation?

Russia threatened us with nukes for over 40 years. I grew up under that threat, and I served in the military under that threat, so Korea's saber rattling is not that intimidating to me.

Sanctions are the way to go, but we should offer grain sales to the DPRK just like we did to the USSR. No point in starving the people just because they have a fat tick for a leader.

What other options would North Korea have, if China pulled the plug on their continuing support for their regime? Here is a list of Global Military Strength Rankings.
Global Firepower Military Ranks - 2013

The USA is ranked #1, China #3, South Korea #8.
In contrast North Korea is ranked #28. Could North Korea take on China militarily? I don't think so. And if one factors in their belligerent relations with the USA and South Korea, the situation looks even grimmer for them.
It is also unfortunate that the North Korean people (due to the sanctions) are not getting a chance to benefit from the economic growth that China is benefiting from.
I take it you or others believe that the North Korean elite would prefer to incur a military defeat than to bow to the reality of their situation?

I think they really think they are that powerful. What the rest of the world knows about them is probably more than what they know about the rest of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back