N Korean shrugs of fthe piss ant too

pete

The food stamp president
Oct 31, 2008
However, North Korea responded with threats that any attempt to search one of its ships would be considered "an act of war" and would be "met with a decisive military response".

Meanwhile, Kim Jong-il has paid a morale-boosting visit to the troops, according to the North Korean state news agency.

Kim told soldiers of the 7th Infantry Division that he was greatly satisfied that the army "had been prepared to perform its combat duty in any circumstance".

According to the North Korean state media, Kim "highly praised" the soldiers for their "militant training spirit" and told them that "Training is also a battle!".

North Korea claims US could provoke nuclear war - Telegraph

Really? could you identify those threats, The fact is the US never tested him.

Interesting how the rabid Obama haters seem to be actually supporting U.S. enemies now. Pathetic.

hillarious, maybe you should pile the straw a bit higher.

We have dealt with NK for decades and niether side has broken any new ground, both attempts by the parties failed.

But continue the fantasy, its comical.

North Korea has threatened the US so many times without following through on those threats, it is hard to take them seriously.

If you think that N. Korea wouldn't want to play a role in a dirty bomb going off in a US city then your as sadly mistaken as Obama! ................ And you could replace them with Iran and be just as correct.

Interesting how the rabid Obama haters seem to be actually supporting U.S. enemies now. Pathetic.

None of us are supporting the US' enemies, you two-dollar trash-whore.

Then try saying something smart about the issues, instead of constant smartASS remarks. You're responsible for your own reputation, not me, and the level of intellect I see is a 40-something going on nine.

The point being made - and it is a valid one, is that this new era of increased American standing in the international community was a farce - and remains one.

Those who believe America is less respected in the world are probably correct. Obama remains a likeable guy, but a weak leader.

If Israel moves to take out Iran's nuclear capabilities, and Obama appears indecisive in support of Israel, all bets are off around the world...

Then try saying something smart about the issues, instead of constant smartASS remarks. You're responsible for your own reputation, not me, and the level of intellect I see is a 40-something going on nine.

The U.S. has been talking with North Korea for the last 16 years and leading them to develop nuclear weapons and threatening everyone who impedes them with a nuclear war. I guess talking about it really works, huh? This approach with North Korea is the same approach we even used with Iraq pre-2003. Iraq had to abide by the rules in placed after the Persian Gulf war. Yet, they don't play by the rules, kick the weapons inspectors out, and expect us to not respond. We responded in Iraq. However, with North Korea, we are too late.

Last edited:
The point being made - and it is a valid one, is that this new era of increased American standing in the international community was a farce - and remains one.

Those who believe America is less respected in the world are probably correct. Obama remains a likeable guy, but a weak leader.

If Israel moves to take out Iran's nuclear capabilities, and Obama appears indecisive in support of Israel, all bets are off around the world...

Well, to be fair, North Korea is probably showing the Obama Administation the same amount of respect it showed the Bush administration. And, of course, when has anyone really used Iranian, North Korean, or Cuban relations with the United States as the standard for judging America's standing in the international community. I tend to disagree with your assertion that the U.S. is less respected in the world. I believe in the international community (particularlly friendly, developed, democracies) Obama is perceived as much more intellegent (as an orator he is second to none) and a more credible leader than Bush.

North Korea has threatened the US so many times without following through on those threats, it is hard to take them seriously.

Well when a buddy was stationed in Korea last, on base and was wisk off in the wee hours so 400+ could be rushed in I would think they were serious. It was called off at the last minute.

If there was EVER a time for Israel to act, with the iranian fascist dictatorship of thugs and murderers occupied trying to retain their stranglehold on the country, this would be it.

As a career military person, I am quite surprised that the US and other nations haven't mobilized to topple what appears to be a rather wobbily regime. Right now, as they are being undermined from within an outside military intervention could be the push that finally does the trick.

God, what I would do or pay to see khameini, nasrallah, larijani, and a few others hanging from the gallows right now ala Ceasecou....

Last edited:
I believe in the international community (particularlly friendly, developed, democracies) Obama is perceived as much more intellegent (as an orator he is second to none) and a more credible leader than Bush.

I can speak for many here that believe it isn't Australia, Spain or Canada that the US is concerned with attacking anyone, its how Obama ensures the US is perceived by its enemies.

In Pyongyang, Teheran and Caracas, the current administration has certainly been perceived as hopelessly naive and fundamentally weak.

I believe in the international community (particularlly friendly, developed, democracies) Obama is perceived as much more intellegent (as an orator he is second to none) and a more credible leader than Bush.

I can speak for many here that believe it isn't Australia, Spain or Canada that the US is concerned with attacking anyone, its how Obama ensures the US is perceived by its enemies.

In Pyongyang, Teheran and Caracas, the current administration has certainly been perceived as hopelessly naive and fundamentally weak.

And the Bush Administration was percieved as sophisticated and mighty? And am I to assume that it is within the last 5 mounths that North Korea, Iran, and Venezula have suddenly grabbed more power from the U.S. and have changed how they fundamentally percieve the U.S. I doubt really all that much has changed and those countries would have the same posture they have today had McCain been elected.

This is what we get for not finishing the job way back during the Korean War. It's all coming home to roost now.

If there was EVER a time for Israel to act, with the iranian fascist dictatorship of thugs and murderers occupied trying to retain their stranglehold on the country, this would be it.

As a career military person, I am quite surprised that the US and other nations haven't mobilized to topple what appears to be a rather wobbily regime. Right now, as they are being undermined from within an outside military intervention could be the push that finally does the trick.

God, what I would do or pay to see khameini, nasrallah, larijani, and a few others hanging from the gallows right now ala Ceasecou....

The best thing the US could do now in Iran is nothing. Well they should question the legitimacy of the election. The people of Iran are fed up...

Rhodes, you and I don't disagree much on anything to do with Israel... but I gotta tell ya', I wholeheartedly disagree with your statement that Israel should attack Iran here and now. #1 - Iran would be expecting an attack now that things are chaotic in a city. #2 - While Israel might be successful in eliminating some of Iran's nuclear facilities, they will unify the two movements in Iran right now AGAINST Israel and the US. That is not what we want at all. We want there to be strife in Iran, we want there to be civil unrest in Iran - the longer it lasts and the more potent it gets the better chance the reformist side has of winning.

If anything, Israel and US must sit and wait and do NOTHING. While Iran is expecting an attack, or expecting sabotage on some level, they are in no way capable of launching an attack with everything going on now. If Iran attacks Israel today, Iran will cease to exist tomorrow.

The best chance we have is to sit, wait and DO NOTHING. Wait for the seeds Obama planted with his speech in Cairo to grow.. patience is the best medicine for this sick child right now.

Rhodes, you and I don't disagree much on anything to do with Israel... but I gotta tell ya', I wholeheartedly disagree with your statement that Israel should attack Iran here and now. #1 - Iran would be expecting an attack now that things are chaotic in a city. #2 - While Israel might be successful in eliminating some of Iran's nuclear facilities, they will unify the two movements in Iran right now AGAINST Israel and the US. That is not what we want at all. We want there to be strife in Iran, we want there to be civil unrest in Iran - the longer it lasts and the more potent it gets the better chance the reformist side has of winning.

If anything, Israel and US must sit and wait and do NOTHING. While Iran is expecting an attack, or expecting sabotage on some level, they are in no way capable of launching an attack with everything going on now. If Iran attacks Israel today, Iran will cease to exist tomorrow.

The best chance we have is to sit, wait and DO NOTHING. Wait for the seeds Obama planted with his speech in Cairo to grow.. patience is the best medicine for this sick child right now.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/us/politics/14diplo.html?ref=world

The Obama administration is determined to press on with efforts to engage the Iranian government
, senior officials said Saturday, despite misgivings about irregularities in the re-election of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

The administration should publicly and openly question the legitimacy of the election. If Obama presses forward with diplomatic talks with Ahmadinejad he will be legitimizing his re-election.

Ahh but we do have a way to in a small way measure his reputation and yours. And from what I see he has a lot more than you.

At least until certain Liberals on this board decide to abuse the system and raise yours artificially.

Forum List

Back