Nanny Bloomburg at it again

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
I saw this and just couldn't believe the title, so I had to read the story.

Bloomberg's Latest Proposal to End Obesity: Make Elevators Slow So People Take the Stairs - Daniel Doherty

The article stated that the “affordable housing” development features murals and music along the stairway, with elevators located farther away from the front door that are “programmed to move at a slow pace.”

Let the stewpud sink in. Absorb it and become one.

Do not think, do not ask these questions;

What if someone NEEDS medical help?
What if you gotta pee?
What if you are older?
What if you are carrying a heavy load?

No, do not ask yourself those questions, just sponge up the stewpud and become one with the state.

Bloomberg's Latest Proposal to End Obesity: Make Elevators Slow So People Take the Stairs - Daniel Doherty

The article stated that the “affordable housing” development features murals and music along the stairway, with elevators located farther away from the front door that are “programmed to move at a slow pace.”

What if you gotta pee?
What if you are older?

No, do not ask yourself those questions, just sponge up the stewpud and become one with the state.

well, he has a point. It is taxpayer-paid housing, so the taxpayer should be able to mandate the rules. Obesity is much more prevalent among the "takers", so encouraging them to move more by creating the situations where they have to move is not that bad. Obesity is costing hundred of millions to the taxpayer in the healthcare costs.

Elevators still will be there, just slow. You are in a hurry - walk the stairs.

What if you gotta pee?
What if you are older?

well, he has a point. It is taxpayer-paid housing, so the taxpayer should be able to mandate the rules. Obesity is much more prevalent among the "takers", so encouraging them to move more by creating the situations where they have to move is not that bad. Obesity is costing hundred of millions to the taxpayer in the healthcare costs.

and when someone has a heart attack?

Obesity is much more prevalent among the "takers", so encouraging them to move more by creating the situations where they have to move is not that bad.
Obesity is much more prevalent among those that follow the FDA Food Pyramid, now known as the Food Plate.

What if you gotta pee?
What if you are older?

I agree but that isnt the point.. ya know? certain circumstances could land that fascist in hot water!

What if you gotta pee?
What if you are older?

heart attack does not happens in seconds, so slow elevator is ok.
and somebody with a heart attack will just sit or lay down anyway.

I agree but that isnt the point.. ya know? certain circumstances could land that fascist in hot water!

I doubt it. Though I agree he is a fascist.

However, I also think that the recipients of the taxpayers money can and should be mandated in certain rules over the use of that money.

Creating a necessity to move more - is a perfect one.

BTW for those, who don't know - NYC has thousands of rental buildings without any elevators at all, so new projects are actually considered luxury ( at the beginning)

:lol::lol::lol:

What if you gotta pee?
What if you are older?

And what about EMTs? Holy toledo you can't make this shit up?

What if you gotta pee?
What if you are older?

Well according to some people, it will happen slowly, so you can sit in the elevator, stroll outside and wait.'

It's a moot point, because all of those elevators will be broken within a few months, and will never be fixed - just like all the other housing projects in NYC.

What if you gotta pee?
What if you are older?

Well according to some people, it will happen slowly, so you can sit in the elevator, stroll outside and wait.'

your logic is just beyond me.

what is the difference for somebody in the elevator for the time it goes down - if he/she still has to wait until the EMT arrives?

how do you actually picture this "heart attack" in the elevator?
or where?
if the person is at home - she is better off just calling 911 not moving to any elevators.

If the person is starting to feel sick in the lobby - it is better to call 911 THERE and not move anywhere else.
If it is in the elevator and the person is going home - just go back down, you still have tons of time until the EMTs come.

Slower elevator has no influence on ANY medical necessity.
It is still there and it is simply slower.

have you ever been to the buildings with old, beginning of the last century elevators?

Somehow there are no statistical difference in the morbidity and mortality in those buildings ( those are very expensive ones).

Maybe if you move more and are not obese, heart attack is going to be a lesser probability?

It's a moot point, because all of those elevators will be broken within a few months, and will never be fixed - just like all the other housing projects in NYC.

racist

well, if you weren't a liberal, you'd be called a racist and maybe get your own flame thread.

but as it is

You are absolutely correct. They will be broken, but that isn't the point.

Bloomy thinks this idiotic idea is a good idea. He even wants community gardens on top. :lol:

In reality, they will fall down - the stairs.

what is the difference for somebody in the elevator for the time it goes down - if he/she still has to wait until the EMT arrives?

or where?
if the person is at home - she is better off just calling 911 not moving to any elevators.

If the person is starting to feel sick in the lobby - it is better to call 911 THERE and not move anywhere else.
If it is in the elevator and the person is going home - just go back down, you still have tons of time until the EMTs come.

have you ever been to the buildings with old, beginning of the last century elevators?

Somehow there are no statistical difference in the morbidity and mortality in those buildings ( those are very expensive ones).

Maybe if you move more and are not obese, heart attack is going to be a lesser probability?
I'm really trying hard to be polite, your new and I don't want to shit on you for being a fucking moron just yet.

the idea that the emt's will TAKE LONGER TO GET TO YOU AND GET YOU TO THE HOSPITAL, seems to be going over your head.

when you are dying of something, seconds count.

and in the most probable reality of the NYC projects - they will most likely be killed in a gang shootout in the project long before the heart attack can happen

or where?

I'm really trying hard to be polite, your new and I don't want to shit on you for being a fucking moron just yet.

the idea that the emt's will TAKE LONGER TO GET TO YOU AND GET YOU TO THE HOSPITAL, seems to be going over your head.

when you are dying of something, seconds count.

how much longer? 3 minutes? they will spend more in traffic in NYC.

Forum List

Back