Naomi Osaka Lights Torch in Tokyo...How Many Japanese Athletes Ignored in Her Favor

Eric Arthur Blair

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2015
I have to wonder how many Japanese athletes who value loyalty and sacrifice were pushed out of the way so Naomi Osaka could get the spotlight in the opening torch lighting ceremony. Only half Japanese, never resided in Japan (as an adult), can't even speak Japanese, etc.

You probably won't hear grumbling, because that would be impolite, but it has to grind the gears of other Japanese athletes who have worked for years in relative anonymity. And along comes Osaka, with big money and big agencies behind her shoving others aside.

I agree. A more appropriate choice might have been the young Japanese LPGA golfer Nasa Hataoka.

I agree. A more appropriate choice might have been the young Japanese LPGA golfer Nasa Hataoka.
Thanks. It would be highly unusual if none of the Japanese athletes minded this ethnic interloper
getting the spotlight.
The Japanese are highly insular people (the word insular means literally "from an island") and they
are wary, rightly or wrongly, of outsiders.

I have to wonder how many Japanese athletes who value loyalty and sacrifice were pushed out of the way so Naomi Osaka could get the spotlight in the opening torch lighting ceremony. Only half Japanese, never resided in Japan (as an adult), can't even speak Japanese, etc.

You probably won't hear grumbling, because that would be impolite, but it has to grind the gears of other Japanese athletes who have worked for years in relative anonymity. And along comes Osaka, with big money and big agencies behind her shoving others aside.
She can speak japanese dummy. Her mom is Japanese.

She's an American, the Olympics are being held in Japan. Hope that helps you understand the point.
The point is that she has Japanese citizenship which makes her Japanese you fucking idiot. She is not an american citizen.

You can't really hold it against the chimpanzee at the zoo when he flings his dung at you.

He's just doing what he knows best.

Japanese mom married a Haitian, they moved to the US and recreated what Richard Williams did
with Serena and Venus in Florida.
Naomi has lived in the US since the age of three.

Again, why does she get the honor before all other Japanese athletes of lighting the torch to begin these
games? I didn't think the Japanese Olympic committee was so swayed by the bright lights of
the media and corporate weasels.

Japanese mom married a Haitian, they moved to the US and recreated what Richard Williams did
with Serena and Venus in Florida.
Naomi has lived in the US since the age of three.

Again, why does she get the honor before all other Japanese athletes of lighting the torch to begin these
games? I didn't think the Japanese Olympic committee was so swayed by the bright lights of
the media and corporate weasels.
Watch the video I posted. It will answer your questions and correct your ill informed OP.

Apparently, her mental health allowed her to steal the spotlight from a more deserving Japanese athlete.

Apparently, her mental health allowed her to steal the spotlight from a more deserving Japanese athlete.
The woke media machine has decided with Serena Williams all used up they will try to create a demand for
this oddball. And she's all in for BLM.
She's about as personable as a sheet of plywood so we'll see how this goes.

Complaining of the pressure Naomi Osaka is bounced out of the Olympic tennis singles competition by a lesser player, Vondrusova, a Czech.

Nobody wins every match but Japan must feel let down after all the hype and big build up.
I wonder if the media after the big build up and magazine covers bears any responsibility?

Sorry to hear you are so upset about this. But it's telling how Asian racism rises to the surface in this thread so easily.

The point is that she has Japanese citizenship which makes her Japanese you fucking idiot. She is not an american citizen.
Most japanese do not speak English

so why not speak to them in japanese?

Forum List

Back