National cathedral dean calls homophobia a sin

Part of making government the only God. We are watching the birth of a new theocracy.

a hatred of an individual IS a sin.
a hatred of sin is not.
homosexuality is a sin, but you are not given permission to hate homosexuals.

and Shepard was not killed because he was homosexual, but because of the drug dispute

He's wrong. Homophobia as it might mean hating a gay person is definitely a sin, but not approving of their actions is no sin in my book.

Homophobia does not exist for the most part. Few people are afraid of queers, they just don't really like them. A phobia is an "irrational fear" and there is nothing irrational about being repulsed by fags, on the contrary it is a wholly natural reaction by any normal human being. We are not meant to be attracted to the same sex, nor are we meant to be okay with others being that way.

All that said, it is not right to treat queers badly. They are still human, like mongoloids and mestizos.

Homophobia does not exist for the most part. Few people are afraid of queers, they just don't really like them. A phobia is an "irrational fear" and there is nothing irrational about being repulsed by fags, on the contrary it is a wholly natural reaction by any normal human being. We are not meant to be attracted to the same sex, nor are we meant to be okay with others being that way.

All that said, it is not right to treat queers badly. They are still human, like mongoloids and mestizos.

You are meant to treat everyone with respect. There is nothing to suggest that we are not 'meant' to find people of the same sex attractive. Who cares if you do?

Know what? I find both men and women attractive, and I don't give a fuck what anyone has to say about that. Least of all you.

I don't advocate any type of abuse or violence against gays nor would Christ. Requesting for the church to embrace gays is OK as long as the Dean understands that the bible doesn't support it and the church doesn't have to be PC. Aside from that it's really a non issue. There are already churches that embrace gays and if a gay person wants to be included in a church service they can go to those churches. If none exist in their area they can start one, it's pretty easy. Equally those who disagree with homosexuality have the right to belong to a church that upholds their belief system without being harrassed.

You are meant to treat everyone with respect. There is nothing to suggest that we are not 'meant' to find people of the same sex attractive. Who cares if you do?

Know what? I find both men and women attractive, and I don't give a fuck what anyone has to say about that. Least of all you.

There is nothing wrong with women finding women attractive, it's not the same as a man being a queer.

a hatred of sin is not.

That at bottom and other examples is what Francis is about. Focus on the person, not the sin. Win the person, deal with sin.

It's the commission of acts, not the desires.

Is suicide a sin?
I believe that it is because it is the killing of a person and with it being yourself, I believe that it is a sin that the Lord will not let slide because committing suicide is the doing away of the most precious gift that the Lord has ever given a person: their life.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. As for what this chat is really about, I believe that homosexuality is wrong, but that does not mean that those who live the lifestyle should be relentlessly ridiculed for the choices that they make for themselves.

There is nothing wrong with women finding women attractive, it's not the same as a man being a queer.

So its different for men, is what you are saying?

Catholics finallly got a Pope who says queers and abortion are cool too. We know why they're letting their cardinals and bishops roam free amongst the parrish children, but abortion? Does this clown think there's too many Catholics?
ohmy_zps88e14394.png

Yes, you definitely don't have an issue.

a hatred of sin is not.

That at bottom and other examples is what Francis is about. Focus on the person, not the sin. Win the person, deal with sin.

It's the commission of acts, not the desires.

Nope. The desires matter too, but that is for the person haunted by them to deal with those, not the others.
It is true not only about homosexuality.

Forum List

Back