need an easy chkn recipe for dinner tonite-Im out of ideas

K

KLSuddeth

Hey everyone

Im staring at these boneless chicken breasts and Im tired of making the same things that I usually make. I dont want to spend alot of time on it because of the homeschool thing - I have papers to grade and lesson plans to make.

Any suggestions?

:D

I keep my pantry so well stocked that people accuse me of buying out Whole Foods - LOL

and yes, I have a grill

Have you tried the last one that you posted? Is it really good?

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

How about chicken cacciatore?

Cut the boneless breastsi into 8 even pieces each (per single breast). Brown in olive oil and remove from pan. In pan, sautee a quartered onion until transparent (but not really browned). Add 1/4 mushrooms (about 1 lb). Cook until getting limp.

Stir in one 16 oz. can of tomato sauce and about 1/2 can of water or, better yet, stock. When it comes to a boil, add salt and pepper to taste, 1 bay leaf, 1-2 sprigs of parseley (stripped from the vein) and 1/2 stalk rosemary. Add chicken and one can of pitted black olives. Simmer for about 1/2 hour.

Serve over polenta, rice or pasta.

THanks! THats alot easier than the recipe that my grandmother taught me! :)

Sorry for the delay(got paged-damnit), looks like Evil took care of business.

Here's one, maybe not so quick though, but a great spring - summertime recipe.

Citrus Chicken:

Ingredients:
1.Chicken breast boneless, skinless - 4 each
2.Fresh orange - 2 each
3.Fresh Lemon - 2 each
4.Fresh Lime - 2 each
5.Honey - 1/2 cup
6.Cumin - 1 teaspoon
7.Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
8. Fresh Mint - couple of sprigs
9. kosher salt , fresh ground pepper - to taste

Method:

1. Using a zester, zest the oranges, lemons, and limes, reserve the zest.
2. In a bowl squeeze juice from the citrus fruit, add honey and spices and mint.
3. Marinade chicken in juice for up to 4 hours.
4. Remove chicken from marinade - place into sauce pot and over low heat reduce by half. Then add reserved zest.
5. Grill chicken, brushing on reduced marinade.

Notes:
Because of the sugars in the marinade be careful with flare up. May want to have a spray bottle with water near by.
If you do not have a zester, a vegetable peeler will work. Just peel the rind without digging into the white pithy part. Then cut into thin strips(juilenne).
The chicken will have a light and refreshing taste, great with cold beer or a nice chardonnay.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Great recipes everone, this thread is making me hungry.
Me too. Too bad Jimmy doesn't like anything with flavor.

The quickie chicken sounds very very good! I will have to try it :)

Mmmm teriyaki sauce and bacon bits..

Forum List

Back