Neo-Cons Explained

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
View The Full Program Online | The War Behind Closed Doors | FRONTLINE | PBS

Excellent program on Neo-Cons and the run-up to war in Iraq. Lot's of heated debate obout the war on this site, I think we all need to understand that the father of the Neo -Con movement was John F. Kennedy. Also, we were going into Iraq in 2003, primarily based on two premises: 1.) US should have toppled Saddam in 1991 and 2.) That by injecting democracy into SW Asia and Middle East it would create and alternative to totalitarian regimes, or fundamental Isamic terrorist. Iraq was the wrong place to do this. Sorry, but WMD was an excuse. If you understand where Neo-Cons come from, then you can debate their policy, which I feel is misguided.

This sounds promising.

I'll bookmark it for now, OP. I have a debilitating medical condition; I am unable to watch anything longer than 30 minutes without having popcorn. I'll have to watch it later.

For discussion purposes:
Also, we were going into Iraq in 2003, primarily based on two premises: 1.) US should have toppled Saddam in 1991 and 2.) That by injecting democracy into SW Asia and Middle East it would create and alternative to totalitarian regimes, or fundamental Isamic terrorist. Iraq was the wrong place to do this.

Are these points that the PBS program makes, or your own beliefs, or both?

Excellent program on Neo-Cons and the run-up to war in Iraq. Lot's of heated debate obout the war on this site, I think we all need to understand that the father of the Neo -Con movement was John F. Kennedy. Also, we were going into Iraq in 2003, primarily based on two premises: 1.) US should have toppled Saddam in 1991 and 2.) That by injecting democracy into SW Asia and Middle East it would create and alternative to totalitarian regimes, or fundamental Isamic terrorist. Iraq was the wrong place to do this. Sorry, but WMD was an excuse. If you understand where Neo-Cons come from, then you can debate their policy, which I feel is misguided.
We went into Iraq for the same reason a dog licks' its balls.

What makes you think JFK was a neocon?

You cannot get any more un-American, than a neo-conservative.

It really makes one wonder if our troops in Iraq were , as one news commentator said in 2004, "like rats in some giant Neo-con lab experiment on democracy."

We went into Iraq for the same reason a dog licks' its balls.

What makes you think JFK was a neocon?

You cannot get any more un-American, than a neo-conservative.
William Kristol explains in the PBS program that JFK's promise to "pay any price, bear any burden, support any friend, oppose any foe" was taken to heart by then Democrats such as himself, Paul Wolfowitz and others. Read Project for New American Century 2000 publication on national defense. Most Neo-con contributors were former Democrats in JFK's day.

William Kristol explains in the PBS program that JFK's promise to "pay any price, bear any burden, support any friend, oppose any foe" was taken to heart by then Democrats such as himself, Paul Wolfowitz and others. Read Project for New American Century 2000 publication on national defense. Most Neo-con contributors were former Democrats in JFK's day.
William Kristol is a piece of shit! So is Paul Wolfowitz. The PNAC, are American terrorists.

The are taking what JFK said out of context. After the Bay of Pigs incident, there is no way JFK would start a war of aggression in violation of The Constitution and against the founding principles this country was based on.

Going into Iraq, was no different than the Germans going into Poland.

It really makes one wonder if our troops in Iraq were , as one news commentator said in 2004, "like rats in some giant Neo-con lab experiment on democracy."
When you look at how cavalier neocons put American troops in harms way, I wonder why he "wondered".

You go to war, because you have to, not because you want to.

Forum List

Back