New CBO score has Republicans ecstatic!

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
The CBO re-scored the GOP Senate healthcare bill and raised the number of uninsured to 32 million. I wanted to ask my Republicans friends what they thought of that but they are out dancing in the street. It's even better than they ever imagined.

That hurts more Americans than Isis and al Qaeda ever dreamed about. Republicans are salivating.

Most of that number are people who won't pay the high premiums and deductibles. Had dinner with such a family tonight. $700 monthly premiums and $15,000 they have to pay first before their coverage kicks in. They will pay the $1500 penalty instead.

Outrageous.

• Banned
Most of that number are people who won't pay the high premiums and deductibles. Had dinner with such a family tonight. $700 monthly premiums and $15,000 they have to pay first before their coverage kicks in. They will pay the $1500 penalty instead.

Outrageous.
I pay 6,000 a year, or 550 a month. Under the GOP plan, I will pay 20,000. Obviously I won't have health care.
700 for an entire family? That's really good.

Well, the Republicans did it by having wet dreams at the keggers. Meanwhile, the rest of America will suffer not from "cuts" to medicaid who provides care to 49% of women giving birth, 66% of the elderly and 30% of children. But what they did is even worse, they just kept the same already reduced budget with no future increases for costs.
Cruel..yeah. Im sure they are partying on those tax credits given in lieu of healthcare, all the way to their offshore bank accounts. Its not just medicaid though..the cost of coverage overall..is going to get much worse. The reason..lobbying to the Republicans and the monies donated to them for re-election.

• Banned
Well, the Republicans did it by having wet dreams at the keggers. Meanwhile, the rest of America will suffer not from "cuts" to medicaid who provides care to 49% of women giving birth, 66% of the elderly and 30% of children. But what they did is even worse, they just kept the same already reduced budget with no future increases for costs.
Cruel..yeah. Im sure they are partying on those tax credits given in lieu of healthcare, all the way to their offshore bank accounts. Its not just medicaid though..the cost of coverage overall..is going to get much worse. The reason..lobbying to the Republicans and the monies donated to them for re-election.
Remember how upset they were with this commercial?

Outrageous.
I pay 6,000 a year, or 550 a month. Under the GOP plan, I will pay 20,000. Obviously I won't have health care.

Outrageous.
They don't have children. Just husband and wife.

I think we were better off wioth ni health plan, just Medicaid for those who needed it. You cannot force people to buy insurance in a Democracy!

Anyone around here willing to discuss the facts?

The Affordable Care Act did two major things to "cover" people who were previously not covered:

It expanded Medicaid to cover able-bodied, single, working adults who earned approximately one and a quarter times the poverty income level or less. Tens of millions.

Second, it placed a "tax" penalty on young people if they chose not to purchase health insurance.

Combining these two action, resulted in tens of millions being "covered" who previously were not covered.

Ahem.

Despite Leftist apologists scrambling to find it, there is NO RELIABLE STATISTICAL EVIDENCE TO INDICATE ANY HEALTH BENEFITS WHATSOEVER FOR THESE TENS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. No fewer deaths, no lower incidence of disease, no nothing.

And that's not surprising. When people really need medical attention, they get it, regardless of whether they have insurance or not. It was supposed that these newly-insured people would start doing things - e.g., getting regular checkups - that would lead to better healthy by identifying potential serious issues that would not have been discovered otherwise, but this HAS NOT HAPPENED.

So now it is claimed by the Left that if we move slightly to what the lawyers call the "status quo ante" (the way things were before), it will result in people dying in the streets. They are quoting numbers like tens of thousands of people. But this is self-serving bullshit. People who really need attention will get it, and the fact that they will not have Medicaid or insurance to fall back on doesn't change the big picture.

MILLIONS WILL LOSE COVERAGE!!!

Bullshit. And who cares? It doesn't matter...except that it saves a lot of people a lot of money.

• Banned
I think we were better off wioth ni health plan, just Medicaid for those who needed it. You cannot force people to buy insurance in a Democracy!
You mean like car insurance?

Forum List

Back