New Industry Good for Job Creation

How many new jobs did the oil and coal businesses add to the US workforce in the last ten years? Twenty?
10s of thousands if not hundreds.
Democrats killed all of them with green energy bullshit.
The Biden Administration fucked West Virginia.
Coal is necessary for the world, doofus.
Steam trains were actually very efficient.

How much government support are these Green "jobs" getting, is this like the $1 Billion for each electric charging station?

The lithium battery tech needs to get about 100% better than what it is, and then sure: It could be viable for a lot of things. However, the current situation in reality is that it's not ready for prime time transportation needs. Not without things being worse than over a freaking century ago.

How many new jobs did the oil and coal businesses add to the US workforce in the last ten years? Twenty?
1727054946397.png

What would you expect to happen when the government injects over $350 Billion into the economy? What happens if that funding and tax incentives dry up or funding is mismanaged? Another Solyndra-type scenario or another $4-6 Billion loss across clean energy providers?

I'd be curious to see how these 150K new jobs are dispersed (i.e. installation, production, sales, maintenance, operations). How many projects utilizing the various funding didn't get completed due to mismanagement, financial challenges, delayed projects, etc? AKA .. how much funding has been wasted already?

10s of thousands if not hundreds.
Where?
Democrats killed all of them with green energy bullshit.
No legislation has been put into place obstructing the oil business. You seem to be suggesting that the oil business couldn't keep going without government subsidies. And while subsidies have been added to support renewable energy sources, I know of NO oil subsidies that have been cut. Do you?
The Biden Administration fucked West Virginia.
Donald Trump and the plunging demand for coal fucked West Virginia. And if you think continued coal mining was what West Virginia needed to be doing for the rest of time, you don't give a speck of shit for West Virginia.
Coal is necessary for the world, doofus.
Perhaps as a chemical feed stock for a very limited number of processes, but the coal consumption trends of the last few decades are the not the work of Joe Biden. They are the work of a planet turning away from coal as a fuel. It kills me to hear people griping that progressives are pushing us back to the horse and buggy era but think we should be burning coal.
Steam trains were actually very efficient.
THAT must explain why we see so many of them on today's rails. Worldwide. Even China, that has coal coming out of its ears and who, according to you, doesn't give a shit about pollution, doesn't use them.

The lithium battery tech needs to get about 100% better than what it is, and then sure: It could be viable for a lot of things. However, the current situation in reality is that it's not ready for prime time transportation needs. Not without things being worse than over a freaking century ago.
If Toyota or any of the other manufacturers can produce an EV with a 10 minute charge time, a range of 750+ miles, reduced risk of fires (already a small fraction of the risk of fire in gasoline cars) and minimal to no dependence on rare earths, the gasoline vehicle will die over night. And that is exactly what appears to be on the near horizon.

What would you expect to happen when the government injects over $350 Billion into the economy? What happens if that funding and tax incentives dry up or funding is mismanaged? Another Solyndra-type scenario or another $4-6 Billion loss across clean energy providers?

I'd be curious to see how these 150K new jobs are dispersed (i.e. installation, production, sales, maintenance, operations). How many projects utilizing the various funding didn't get completed due to mismanagement, financial challenges, delayed projects, etc? AKA .. how much funding has been wasted already?
I strenuously suspect you're NOT curious and, in fact, have already concluded - with no evidence - that every question you pose will have a detrimental answer. Why don't you actually go take a look? You're not going to believe me, are you.

If Toyota or any of the other manufacturers can produce an EV with a 10 minute charge time, a range of 750+ miles, reduced risk of fires (already a small fraction of the risk of fire in gasoline cars) and minimal to no dependence on rare earths, the gasoline vehicle will die over night. And that is exactly what appears to be on the near horizon.
Yeah, that's not there yet, brah.

I strenuously suspect you're NOT curious and, in fact, have already concluded - with no evidence - that every question you pose will have a detrimental answer. Why don't you actually go take a look? You're not going to believe me, are you.
It's the reality of things, especially with these pet projects.

Another great example is the GE Vernova wind farm pet project off of Nantucket. Multiple blades have already failed in England and the New England area, and GE Vernova is currently pulling out of the development effort, essentially halting the New England wind farm project. GE Vernova cost $300M last quarter and is currently sitting on a backlog of failed units totaling $3B, not to mention the loss of 900 jobs.

The answer is market research for other competitors, and there are two, and prices will be substantially higher, as will energy costs for consumers. The fact is, that renewables cost more than their fossil fuel companions where wind power is 7 to 14 times higher and solar is between 10 - 44 times higher.

Forum List

Back