New LOTR series a woke disaster

The series costed billions and is only LOTR in name
. Has zero to do with Tolkien

Trailer is all women in power, black dwarfs and homosexuality everywhere

Biggest disaster ever

Most Tolkien fans are disgusted
Sauron, the Dark Lord vs. Gandolf the White...just saying

It’s a really good show. I don’t know why you’d want to be offended by a fantasy show that simply is more inclusive than the original. So what you fragile snowflakes?

Debates about diversity and inclusivity in “Lord of the Rings” tend to attract trolls, and Cindy White says that outrage brokers who want the series to fail are using it to advance their own agendas, “from mainstreaming alt-right ideologies to the monetization of anger for clout.” A tip-off? “Look for inflammatory statements in ALL CAPs and words like ‘woke,’ ‘SJW,’ and ‘normies’ used in the pejorative sense,” she writes.

It’s a really good show. I don’t know why you’d want to be offended by a fantasy show that simply is more inclusive than the original. So what you fragile snowflakes?

Debates about diversity and inclusivity in “Lord of the Rings” tend to attract trolls, and Cindy White says that outrage brokers who want the series to fail are using it to advance their own agendas, “from mainstreaming alt-right ideologies to the monetization of anger for clout.” A tip-off? “Look for inflammatory statements in ALL CAPs and words like ‘woke,’ ‘SJW,’ and ‘normies’ used in the pejorative sense,” she writes.

Ratings are plummeting.

It’s a bit slow to start. Definitely not gonna be for everyone. They should have had a ton of action early on to keep people glued. It’s just getting going.
Wrong...the show sucks and the ratings are plummeting.

Biggest disaster ever

Tolkien, like CS Lewis, were Christians.

I stopped the Fantasy/Sci-fi stuff 10 years ago.
My co-workers do and they watch any shit on cable.
They said it sucks and won't watch it anymore.
So your opinion is uninformed. At least you’re consistent. How many topics are you going to weigh in on that you have no idea about but you still form your opinion based on your prejudices?

In the new Tolkien based series, Galadriel is easy on the eyes. I don’t give a damn if some elves are black. I don’t give a damn if some dwarves are black. I don’t give a damn if some humans are black.

It may turn out to be a mess. But I’ll watch and hope for better things to come.

I was fearing a real let down from the Game of Thrones prequel. But I’d watch that one anyway just for the hot little

Targaryen babe.​

Her name is Molly Alcock. I think she is 22 in the real world. She looks younger on the show. In fact, she looks more elven than the elves on the Rings of Power.

3C03B58E-19B3-403A-A866-0C4918F860EA.jpeg

The actual Milly.

9B21639A-9E2C-4622-A5F3-52639DD9AF7D.jpeg

In character.

So your opinion is uninformed. At least you’re consistent. How many topics are you going to weigh in on that you have no idea about but you still form your opinion based on your prejudices?
My opinion seems to be bolstered by the fact that the Woke movies and TV shows are bombing.
It's obvious that there are not enough Woke assholes in the US to keep the money flowing into the bullshit you approve of.

Biggest disaster ever

Sounds sort of stupid, we'll see if the libs support this.

But if there is a call for a new series about hobbits and orcs taking it up their candy asses, I'll be surprised.

No it is not. It is a shitty story. Great visuals but it has nothing else going for it. Crappy acting, weak story line and all those goddamn Negroes and queers.

It is getting terrible reviews. Tolkien would be pissed.
You watch it?

Forum List

Back