New narrative - people are fleeing blue cities because there isn't enough housing

Blue city leftard/progs are all about immigration and affordable housing. They can invest in their communities.
1725288066464.png

You know, when you aren’t an antisocial weirdo, living around other people isn’t a bad thing.

Decent people spread out a bit maybe? More like suburbs, commute in to work. Not around thugs, D, criminals, rapist, un-vetted illegals, unemployed, molesters, bangers, dealers in the same building hallways with your pretty smart 14 yr old kids? You must be on dope.

Last edited:
Decent people spread out a bit maybe? More like suburbs, commute in to work. Not around thugs, D, criminals, rapist, un-vetted illegals, unemployed, molesters, bangers, dealers in the same building hallways with your pretty smart 14 yr old kids? You must be on dope.
You must not live in the city because you have a bizarre idea of what it’s like. The fear mongering about cities is absurd.

Living sandwiched between people is a bad thing. I've lived in apartments and in rural areas, there's no comparison between the two. Rural living is better by far.

We’ve become so detached from each other. Being around other people isn’t bad. It’s kind of nice. Having community is nice. Social isolation is bad for most people.

Cities are major generators of wealth in this country. If anything, we provide significant subsidies to rural areas.

Without cities, this country would be dirt poor.

You grow food in the City now? ... that's ... not ... a universal situation ... the food is grown in rural areas and shipped to the Cities ... payment for such a service isn't technically a subsidy ...

Without forests ... cities wouldn't have buildings ... just breweries ... and that's just fine for country folk ...

We’ve become so detached from each other. Being around other people isn’t bad. It’s kind of nice. Having community is nice. Social isolation is bad for most people.
You’re touching onto the topic of why Trump supporters are so thoroughly pissed all the time. They’re lonely. The hilarious this is that the paranoia is centered around someone “taking” their ___________. One of the guys on the thread talks about his dried mushrooms being valuable. As if anyone wants his fungus. Its comical.

Never say never. Even a Closet in SF was going for $500/mo in 2006 without bathroom or kitchen privleges. Sleeping only.

A bedroom in a house is going for $800 per month. That doesn't include meals, just the bedroom.

They're building seniors apartments here which are 300 square feet total. They needed a "minor variance" since country regulations say that the minimum size must be 360 square feet. That includes the kitchen, bathroom and living area. My 2- bedroom apartment is around 700 square feet, which is a nice size for me. My living room and big bedroom total 300 square feet. I can't imagine living in a space that small.

No idea what they're going to rent for.

We know the answer. Shove them in nearly abandoned cities like DET or STL. Let them fix up those $5K burned out fixere uppers surrounded by DEM Black residents. Go off towork leaving wife and kids home to watch the stuff.
You got to give them citizenship if you do that. :dunno:

One of my friends recently moved to a 75 acre parcel of land in an 'unincorporated township" in New Brunswick. No zoning or building regulations whatsoever. Also no power, water, or "municipal services". Completely off the grid. She's got Star Link for internet, TV and cell phone service. Just her and 3 great Danes.

She has solar panels for power, and is working on the water thing. She has an artisian well near her "tiny home" cabin, but she has to test for potability, and whether the flow would be adequate for her needs. No idea what's she doing about sewage.

Shes trying to talk me into moving out there. She'll give me my own patch of land for a tiny home cabin. No thank you.

I get sick of my own cooking and like to go out for a meal now and then. Or out to a movie. I don't like doing all of my shopping on the internet, and I enjoy seeing my friends from time to time.

You grow food in the City now? ... that's ... not ... a universal situation ... the food is grown in rural areas and shipped to the Cities ... payment for such a service isn't technically a subsidy ...

Without forests ... cities wouldn't have buildings ... just breweries ... and that's just fine for country folk ...
I’d never say everyone should live in the city. Farming communities actually do a pretty good job developing community.

But I really don’t like suburbs. I think they’re on the whole, harmful to the functioning of the country.

Every situation is different. A single guy can easily do 300 sq ft studio in city if it has a bathroom and electricity. Even a family of four can do 900 sq ft in CA 1Br. I know.

No family man wants his kids wading thru SF homeless and dealers lining the streets with thousands of unvetted criminals pouring in from Colombia or Ecuador.

Board maggots also said 50 hi rises called Priuitt-Igoe would be a boon to the community. Lol! Almost destroyed early on into a no-go zone in most buildings. Smoke pouring out of upper floors as the BBQ hogs in the bathtub. Anything goes when you don’t have to work for it.

That's not the case, people living in rural areas usually have closer relationships with their neighbors than in the cities. We watch out for each other, have cookouts and lend a hand when needed. Stop pretending you have all the fucking answers, you don't and neither does kneepads.

Every situation is different. A single guy can easily do 300 sq ft studio in city if it has a bathroom and electricity. Even a family of four can do 900 sq ft in CA 1Br. I know.
So do I.

My first home was a 3/bed/1bath 950 sq ft brick "starter home" on a crawlspace.....I built a secured climate-controlled building out back and truth be told I would do just fine there today.

You must not live in the city because you have a bizarre idea of what it’s like. The fear mongering about cities is absurd.
What was learned is that if things go not so well, that cities will be destroyed from within. And like locusts, the discontented will go to neighborhoods that still has provisions for survival and work their way outward. Otherwise, there are neighborhoods within city limits miles away from the destruction, deaths, casualties and mayhem the Prog induced insurrections caused. Going to a store should not be a gamble.

Forum List

Back