News From The Civilized-World!

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
March 15, 2013

Brazil; Removing "God" Reference From $$$!!

"Brazil is taking the idea of the separation of church from state to the level that secularists in the United States can only dream of. Prosecutors from São Paulo have succeeded in wiping the phrase Deus Seja Louvado (God Be Praised) from the Brazilian reais, their form of currency. Jefferson Dias first brought the proposal forward last November. Regional prosecutor for civil rights Jefferson Dias said the move will protect the religious liberty of all citizens. Of course, opposition from members of the faithful alike resulted. Is Brazil being nit-picky? Or is there validity to their secular argument?

Should America follow the same route?

Perhaps. Removing "In God We Trust" from the dollar wouldn't lessen its value or take away from America’s inherently religious population. If anything, it would be an acute, thoughtful gesture."

It's about TIME we remove another o' those vestiges of that hu$tle called The Cold War.​

The OP being rooted in Religion and Ethics, the Thread was moved to Religion and Ethics.

March 15, 2013

Brazil; Removing "God" Reference From $$$!!

"Brazil is taking the idea of the separation of church from state to the level that secularists in the United States can only dream of. Prosecutors from São Paulo have succeeded in wiping the phrase Deus Seja Louvado (God Be Praised) from the Brazilian reais, their form of currency. Jefferson Dias first brought the proposal forward last November. Regional prosecutor for civil rights Jefferson Dias said the move will protect the religious liberty of all citizens. Of course, opposition from members of the faithful alike resulted. Is Brazil being nit-picky? Or is there validity to their secular argument?

Should America follow the same route?

Perhaps. Removing "In God We Trust" from the dollar wouldn't lessen its value or take away from America’s inherently religious population. If anything, it would be an acute, thoughtful gesture."

It's about TIME we remove another o' those vestiges of that hu$tle called The Cold War.​

Actually our currency should read "Obama is King."

That's fine by me.

Here in the U.S. for example, I'm forced to lie every time I spend money that carries the slogan "In god we trust".

I don't have trust in any gods.

The US Federal Reserve Note is printed for a Private Bank, they can put whatever they want on it.

Forum List

Back