NFL bucks call to promote ObamaCare

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
I agree. The unpopularity of this law is exactly why this administration wants a huge promotional push. Hopefully the NFL sticks to their guns.

The National Football League appears to be bucking the Obama administration's request to help promote the health care overhaul, as Republican lawmakers pressure all the major sports leagues not to get involved in the effort.

An NFL spokesman told The Washington Post overnight that the league has "no plans to engage in this area and (has) had no substantive contact with the administration" about the implementation.

Earlier in the week, Health and Human Services Department officials said they were talking to the NFL, NBA and others about possible advertising campaigns, in the run-up to the launch of a key part of the health care law.

But Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, on Friday wrote to the heads of six professional sports organizations urging them not to take the bait.

"Given the divisiveness and persistent unpopularity of the (health care law), it is difficult to understand why an organization like yours would risk damaging its inclusive and apolitical brand by lending its name to its promotion," they wrote.

The senators suggested the administration was reaching out to them because the law is so "unpopular."

Read more: NFL bucks call to promote ObamaCare, as Republicans pressure sports leagues to say no | Fox News

i agree. The unpopularity of this law is exactly why this administration wants a huge promotional push. Hopefully the nfl sticks to their guns.

the national football league appears to be bucking the obama administration's request to help promote the health care overhaul, as republican lawmakers pressure all the major sports leagues not to get involved in the effort.

An nfl spokesman told the washington post overnight that the league has "no plans to engage in this area and (has) had no substantive contact with the administration" about the implementation.

Earlier in the week, health and human services department officials said they were talking to the nfl, nba and others about possible advertising campaigns, in the run-up to the launch of a key part of the health care law.

But senate republican leader mitch mcconnell, r-ky., and sen. John cornyn, r-texas, on friday wrote to the heads of six professional sports organizations urging them not to take the bait.

"given the divisiveness and persistent unpopularity of the (health care law), it is difficult to understand why an organization like yours would risk damaging its inclusive and apolitical brand by lending its name to its promotion," they wrote.

The senators suggested the administration was reaching out to them because the law is so "unpopular."

read more: nfl bucks call to promote obamacare, as republicans pressure sports leagues to say no | fox news

yay!

They want children, librarians, sports figures, everyone they can rope in to peddle this trash.

My Sunday afternoons would be incomplete, because the NFL would not be on my menu of sports if they promoted such a disastrous healthcare plan. Thank you NFL for restoring my faith in football, after the strike, this made up for it.

A Falcons fan.
RISE UP!

Forum List

Back