Nixon Resigns

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
The President of the United States resigned today, due to scandals that included using illegal means to spy on members of the opposition party, and using the IRS to go after his political enemies.

The President insisted to the end, that all the illicit activities driving his resignation, were committed without his knowledge, by people in various government agencies under him.

"America needs a full-time President and a full-time Congress," the President said in a prepared announcement.

"In the past days, however, it has become evident to me that I no longer have a strong enough political base in the Congress to justify continuing,"

But he said that he had decided to put "the interests of America first."

http://www.nytimes.com/learning/general/onthisday/big/0808.html

It was Aug. 9, 1974.

Circumstances today are very similar, except for the fact that no one died during the 1974 scandals, where during the current President's scandals, Border Patrol agents have been killed with guns given illegally by the Federal government to Mexican drug cartels, and an Ambassador and three other Americans died in a terrorist attack on an American consulate in Libya after the Fed govt reduced its American guard force to near zero even while attacks and bombings against it increased month after month.

How many more Americans have to die, before history finally, mercifully repeats itself?

Last edited by a moderator:
I see what you did there.

You took a President for which you have invented in your head orders he never gave and tried to make him like one who actually did.

You are suffering from delusions, son. Get help. Start by putting down the piss jug you are chugging.

Here is what the real thing looks like, just so you know the difference. Unequivocal evidence Nixon obstructed justice: The Smoking Gun

Haldeman: Now, on the investigation, you know, the Democratic break-in thing, we’re back to the-in the, the problem area because the FBI is not under control, because Gray doesn’t exactly know how to control them, and they have, their investigation is now leading into some productive areas, because they’ve been able to trace the money, not through the money itself, but through the bank, you know, sources – the banker himself. And, and it goes in some directions we don’t want it to go. Ah, also there have been some things, like an informant came in off the street to the FBI in Miami, who was a photographer or has a friend who is a photographer who developed some films through this guy, Barker, and the films had pictures of Democratic National Committee letter head documents and things. So I guess, so it’s things like that that are gonna, that are filtering in. Mitchell came up with yesterday, and John Dean analyzed very carefully last night and concludes, concurs now with Mitchell’s recommendation that the only way to solve this, and we’re set up beautifully to do it, ah, in that and that…the only network that paid any attention to it last night was NBC…they did a massive story on the Cuban…

Nixon: That’s right.

Haldeman: thing.

Nixon: Right.

Haldeman: That the way to handle this now is for us to have Walters call Pat Gray and just say, “Stay the hell out of this…this is ah, business here we don’t want you to go any further on it.” That’s not an unusual development,…

Nixon: Um huh.

Haldeman: …and, uh, that would take care of it.

Nixon: What about Pat Gray, ah, you mean he doesn’t want to?

Haldeman: Pat does want to. He doesn’t know how to, and he doesn’t have, he doesn’t have any basis for doing it. Given this, he will then have the basis. He’ll call Mark Felt in, and the two of them …and Mark Felt wants to cooperate because…

Nixon: Yeah.

Haldeman: he’s ambitious…

Nixon: Yeah.

Haldeman: Ah, he’ll call him in and say, “We’ve got the signal from across the river to, to put the hold on this.” And that will fit rather well because the FBI agents who are working the case, at this point, feel that’s what it is. This is CIA.

Nixon: But they’ve traced the money to ‘em.

Haldeman: Well they have, they’ve traced to a name, but they haven’t gotten to the guy yet.

Nixon: Would it be somebody here?

Haldeman: Ken Dahlberg.

Nixon: Who the hell is Ken Dahlberg?

Haldeman: He’s ah, he gave $25,000 in Minnesota and ah, the check went directly in to this, to this guy Barker.

Nixon: Maybe he’s a …bum.

Nixon: He didn’t get this from the committee though, from Stans.

Haldeman: Yeah. It is. It is. It’s directly traceable and there’s some more through some Texas people in–that went to the Mexican bank which they can also trace to the Mexican bank…they’ll get their names today. And (pause)

Nixon: Well, I mean, ah, there’s no way… I’m just thinking if they don’t cooperate, what do they say? They they, they were approached by the Cubans. That’s what Dahlberg has to say, the Texans too. Is that the idea?

Haldeman: Well, if they will. But then we’re relying on more and more people all the time. That’s the problem. And ah, they’ll stop if we could, if we take this other step.

Nixon: All right. Fine.

Haldeman: And, and they seem to feel the thing to do is get them to stop?

Nixon: Right, fine.

Haldeman: They say the only way to do that is from White House instructions. And it’s got to be to Helms and, ah, what’s his name…? Walters.

Nixon: Walters.

Haldeman: And the proposal would be that Ehrlichman (coughs) and I call them in

Nixon: All right, fine.

Haldeman: and say, ah…

Nixon: How do you call him in, I mean you just, well, we protected Helms from one hell of a lot of things.

Haldeman: That’s what Ehrlichman says.

Nixon: Of course, this is a, this is a Hunt, you will-that will uncover a lot of things. You open that scab there’s a hell of a lot of things and that we just feel that it would be very detrimental to have this thing go any further. This involves these Cubans, Hunt, and a lot of hanky-panky that we have nothing to do with ourselves. Well what the hell, did Mitchell know about this thing to any much of a degree.

Haldeman: I think so. I don ‘t think he knew the details, but I think he knew.

Nixon: He didn’t know how it was going to be handled though, with Dahlberg and the Texans and so forth? Well who was the asshole that did? (Unintelligible) Is it Liddy? Is that the fellow? He must be a little nuts.

Haldeman: He is.

Nixon: I mean he just isn’t well screwed on is he? Isn’t that the problem?

Haldeman: No, but he was under pressure, apparently, to get more information, and as he got more pressure, he pushed the people harder to move harder on…

Nixon: Pressure from Mitchell?

Haldeman: Apparently.

Nixon: Oh, Mitchell, Mitchell was at the point that you made on this, that exactly what I need from you is on the–

Haldeman: Gemstone, yeah.

Nixon: All right, fine, I understand it all. We won’t second-guess Mitchell and the rest. Thank God it wasn’t Colson.

Haldeman: The FBI interviewed Colson yesterday. They determined that would be a good thing to do.

Nixon: Um hum.

Haldeman: Ah, to have him take a…

Nixon: Um hum.

Haldeman: An interrogation, which he did, and that, the FBI guys working the case had concluded that there were one or two possibilities, one, that this was a White House, they don’t think that there is anything at the Election Committee, they think it was either a White House operation and they had some obscure reasons for it, non political,…

Nixon: Uh huh.

Haldeman: or it was a…

Nixon: Cuban thing-

Haldeman: Cubans and the CIA. And after their interrogation of, of…

Nixon: Colson.

Haldeman: Colson, yesterday, they concluded it was not the White House, but are now convinced it is a CIA thing, so the CIA turn off would…

Nixon: Well, not sure of their analysis, I’m not going to get that involved. I’m (unintelligible).

Haldeman: No, sir. We don’t want you to.

Nixon: You call them in.

Nixon: Good. Good deal! Play it tough. That’s the way they play it and that’s the way we are going to play it.

Haldeman: O.K. We’ll do it.

Nixon: Yeah, when I saw that news summary item, I of course knew it was a bunch of crap, but I thought ah, well it’s good to have them off on this wild hair thing because when they start bugging us, which they have, we’ll know our little boys will not know how to handle it. I hope they will though. You never know. Maybe, you think about it. Good!

You took a President for which you have invented in your head orders he never gave and tried to make him like one who actually did.

You are suffering from delusions, son. Get help. Start by putting down the piss jug you are chugging.

What the fuck are you talking about....

Are you high like 24/7?

:confused:

Are you high like 24/7?

This:
Circumstances today are very similar

No. No they are not. Not even close.

Put down the piss jug.

Watergate: Phony Scandal

Remind me again, how many people died in all of Nixon's scandals?

I'm not trying to play down Nixon's lawbreaking and coverups.

Just pointing out that Obama's are far worse.

About 2 million..give or take a few.

Nixon ordered that Cambodia and Laos secretly be bombed.

Had he not resigned..this may very well have come up, as it was illegal.

The President of the United States resigned today, due to scandals that included using illegal means to spy on members of the opposition party, and using the IRS to go after his political enemies.

The President insisted to the end, that all the illicit activities driving his resignation, were committed without his knowledge, by people in various government agencies under him.

"America needs a full-time President and a full-time Congress," the President said in a prepared announcement.

"In the past days, however, it has become evident to me that I no longer have a strong enough political base in the Congress to justify continuing,"

Nixon Resigns

It was Aug. 9, 1974.

Circumstances today are very similar, except for the fact that no one died during the 1974 scandals, where during the current President's scandals, Border Patrol agents have been killed with guns given illegally by the Federal government to Mexican drug cartels, and an Ambassador and three other Americans died in a terrorist attack on an American consulate in Libya after the Fed govt reduced its American guard force to near zero even while attacks and bombings against it increased month after month.

How many more Americans have to die, before history finally, mercifully repeats itself?

There aren't enough dead bodies to cause that to happen. People just aren't 1/3rd as smart as they were in those days. Also, we had actual reporting in this country then.

Nigga, please!!

Nixon did nothing wrong.

He never armed a Violent Mexican drug gang and became complicit in the murder of a border guard like Holder and Obama

Nixon is a Saint compared to Maobama

Are you high like 24/7?

Probably. He used to make some sort of sense in the past. Even if you disagreed with him. Now he's gone 'round the bend. Shame really.

About 2 million..give or take a few.

Nixon ordered that Cambodia and Laos secretly be bombed.

Had he not resigned..this may very well have come up, as it was illegal.

LOL.

Sure it was.

LOL

Nixon should have bombed Pock-ee-stan, right?

Well then maybe you'd better tell Maxine Waters!!!

In an interview with the black-oriented TV One earlier this year, U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., said the Obama era might be ending in 2016, but his legacy would carry on in the form of “an organization that contains a kind of database that no one has ever seen before in life.”

“That’s going to be very, very powerful,” she added.

When the interviewer, Roland Martin of “Washington Watch,” asked if she was referring to Organizing for America, the new name of the original Obama for America campaign outfit, Waters agreed.

And, she added ominously: “That database will have information about everything on every individual in ways that it’s never been done before.”

Those words sound kind of eerie now, given what we’ve learned about how Obama’s IRS treats citizens exercising democratic rights – and how the NSA keeps an eye on everybody else.
Maxine Waters raves about Obama?s epic database, comes back to bite her - BizPac Review

Although I might agree that Obama is fairly incompetent as president (as was George W. Bush), he is no more criminal than most of his predecessors. American presidents are basically Wall Street CEO's.

Nigga, please!!

Nixon did nothing wrong.

He never armed a Violent Mexican drug gang and became complicit in the murder of a border guard like Holder and Obama

Nixon is a Saint compared to Maobama

Bush was the one that actually armed the Mexicans.

That's when government introduced real guns to the mix via wide receiver.

But Bush's body count pales in comparison to Nixon's.

Nixon Resigns

It was Aug. 9, 1974.

Actually most all the guns were purchased legally under AZ gun laws and even though the ATF agents suspected that they were straw purchases, no arrest were made because the DA's said they wouldn't prosecute the cases. So isn't it really the lax gun laws that allows all the trafficking?

Yes it was. You don't force a president to resign because he lied about an inconsequential burglary committed by someone else!!! Watergate was about punishing nixon for ending the vietnam war before the war profiteers (banksters) wanted it to end.

Forum List

Back