No One Knows How to Fix anything Anymore.

when all else fails

1661953831551.png

It's easier to put off something done than to get someone who takes a $150 job and charges you $2500 for it because he owes someone else a lot of money and when he checked the bottom line of your bank account...

WTF?

Since when does a contractor ever have access to view the "bottom line" of your bank account??

You can fix anything with a phone that can access YouTube. At least most things.

I earned a lot of my living knowing how to fix things. People who were executive upscale folk who couldn't fix simple things. I guess it boils down to how you were taught and a person's mind is trained.

I can't figure what's dumber, thinking you could replace a toilet in 20 minutes or that a plumber would charge $1000 for it.

SMH

It isn't just men. But, regardless, the maintenance man here is not that great although I like him alot. So instead of putting in a maintenance request if something goes wrong, I do it myself. Management said I am not allowed to do that and I told them "so sue me. I do a better job and have done maintenance before when I managed properties". They never responded after that. :D

now in all fairness it takes tools to do this stuff..replacing a toilet is a bitch...just hope the wax seal holds

i am amazed at the lack of knowing about cars

The thing that shocks me is how so many young men these days are absolutely ignorant of even the most simple of tasks.

Ask a 20 year old to shine a pair of shoes or tie a necktie. He'll look like a deer in headlights. Iron a dress shirt? Crickets. Ain't happenin'...

When my Samsung clothes drier started making noises like a freight train I thought it might be a bearing and I googled it up but like everything else it's an electronic gizmo and there are about a hundred wires to disconnect before you get to the problem. I left it alone and it still dries clothes and I pretend I can't hear it.

I can't figure what's dumber, thinking you could replace a toilet in 20 minutes or that a plumber would charge $1000 for it.

SMH
How long do you think it actually takes to remove an old toilet and put a new one in place? remove 2 nuts from the carriage bolts, lift off the old crapper, put a wax ring on the new crapper put the new crapper on the flange screw on the 2 nuts hook up the water and you're done

I've installed literally hundreds of toilets and I can remove an old toilet and bolt down a new one in 20 minutes

The thing that shocks me is how so many young men these days are absolutely ignorant of even the most simple of tasks.

Ask a 20 year old to shine a pair of shoes or tie a necktie. He'll look like a deer in headlights. Iron a dress shirt? Crickets. Ain't happenin'...
Shit I can't tie a neck tie and I'm 53. I have never once worn a tie and I doubt I ever will.

I don't even own a suit

Shit I can't tie a neck tie and I'm 53. I have never once worn a tie and I doubt I ever will.

I don't even own a suit

Really?

My Dad taught my brother and I to properly tie a necktie when we were quite young.

The Navy taught me how to properly shine a pair of shoes...

:auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back