No waste here!!!

The agency's decision to spend an average of more than $600,000 each to build 21 homes in Ajo, where the median sale price for a single-family home is far less, has drawn criticism from Republican Sens. John McCain and Jeff Flake, The Arizona Republic reported
lx

The agency's decision to spend an average of more than $600,000 each to build 21 homes in Ajo, where the median sale price for a single-family home is far less, has drawn criticism from Republican Sens. John McCain and Jeff Flake, The Arizona Republic reported
lx

I'm trying to find the justification for this. $600,000 for a home in an area where the average price s $100,000 to $200,000!?!?!

Seems like the border patrol is living large.....kind of like members of a cartel or something......

I read the article. That number isn't quite right.

That is taking the total amount and dividing it up by the number of houses built. But the house cost wasn't that much, it is including the infrastructure costs also.

Those aren't $600k homes.

I read the article. That number isn't quite right.

That is taking the total amount and dividing it up by the number of houses built. But the house cost wasn't that much, it is including the infrastructure costs also.

Those aren't $600k homes.

Well, considering that there was no infrastructure (until Uncle Sugar built it for the Border Patrol) to include streets, utilities, etc and, giving that they are ONLY for Border Patrol Officers, I would say that the number is pretty much spot on.

As I understand it, it is a small community for Border Patrol only.

Forum List

Back