Noam Chomsky on Israel: An Apartheid State

amity1844

Jun 1, 2014
Noam Chomsky is not only the foremost linguist of modern times, but has also been an outspoken Jewish critic of Israel Here he speaks at Boston University on Israeli Apartheid.

In this interview Chomsky addresses the history of Zionist thought and the Palestinian right of return:

Last edited by a moderator:
He is extremely influential in US.
Here you are again putting you fingers in your eras and screaming "nananana" at the top of you lungs to avoid facing reality.

and at any rate, he thinks he is a supporter of Israel, a loving critic, and Israel takes him seriously even if you don't!

Here you are again putting you fingers in your eras and screaming "nananana" at the top of you lungs to avoid facing reality.

and at any rate, he thinks he is a supporter of Israel, a loving critic, and Israel takes him seriously even if you don't!
Appeal to False Authority

He's a linguist...and from some reports, not a very good one.

His hatred of America is well-established. His love of terrorist regimes is well known.

Dismissed.

OK, what about Chomsky makes you claim he's the 'foremost linguist of our time'???

And what are your credentials in linguistics?

Would you hire a neurosurgeon to work on your car?

His hatred of America is well-established. His love of terrorist regimes is well known.

Dismissed.

Is he a cunning linguist?

Dismissed.

Is he a cunning linguist?
:lol:

Noam Chomsky: Not even right about linguistics | Conservative Home

Noam Chomsky: Fake Linguist

Chomsky's Linguistics Refuted

He's not a cunning linguist. He is cunning at promoting his cult of personality.

From some reports?!?!?!? That's gratuitous and uninformed.

He is termed "the father of linguistics" and has also been hailed as the #1 intellectual of the 20th century. He is still alive, although quite elderly.

Read:
Noam Chomsky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's a snake-oil salesman who knows his buyers well. He's made a great deal of money bad-mouthing the nation that made him rich by distorting history.

Suckers believe him. Normal people ignore him.

He is termed "the father of linguistics" and has also been hailed as the #1 intellectual of the 20th century. He is still alive, although quite elderly.

Read:

As the article specifies...By the Left.

He is hailed as a linguist by linguists, and as a leftist by leftists.

And sorry, those articles attempting to discredit him have no credibility of their own.

But still I have an issue with him as a linguist. He became so monolithic in his field he just about couldn't be challenged. He believes in universal grammar, meaning that some aspects of language are universal because they are rooted in the structure of the human brain. Then awhile back, a missionary, not knowing anything about Chomsky's work, wrote a lexicon of an unknown Amazonian language in which he claimed that language did not have tenses or any other time references. There was a huge flap. Hope I'm remembering this right. It was a decade or more ago. And I am no linguist.

Last edited:
I don't know which Chomsky hates more...America or Israel.

Doesn't matter. He's easily dismissable as irrelevant.
Name something Chomsky specifically said that you disagree with.
Chomsky whitewashed the Cambodian genocide, claiming it wasn't as bad as people said, and the people killed deserved it for being collaborators.

What a Commie-sucking bastard.

Read:

As the article specifies...By the Left.

He is hailed as a linguist by linguists, and as a leftist by leftists.

And sorry, those articles attempting to discredit him have no credibility of their own.

But still I have an issue with him as a linguist. He became so monolithic in his field he just about couldn't be challenged. He believes in universal grammar, meaning that some aspects of language are universal because they are rooted in the structure of the human brain. Then awhile back, a missionary, not knowing anything about Chomsky's work, wrote a lexicon of an unknown Amazonian language in which he claimed that language did not have tenses or any other time references. There was a huge flap. Hope I'm remembering this right. It was a decade or more ago. And I am no linguist.
So...you're not a linguist, but you feel qualified to dismiss the views of linguists who criticize Chomsky's theories.

Like I said -- cult of personality.

Forum List

Back