Northern Soul

Deadstick

Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2023
Lancashire England
This music was huge in the North of England in the 1970s, i believe it was quite unique to the UK, it seems to have come out of the Mod era of the 60s, most of it from smaller less well known artists, a mixture of Motown and Soul, the kids used to import the records from the US, as far as i know they couldn't be bought here, and the kids developed their own dance style, i like some of the tunes, some of the clubs were open all night where the kids would dance.

Spent a month in Northern England and the culture there was unbelievable and unique! My hosts asked if I wanted to visit the South, and I just laughed.

One of the most memorable experiences I had there was so distinctly Northern and I was just thrilled down to my toes! I got to go to a typical Northern English wedding reception and it's right up there with my top five experiences of my life. At the end of the evening, all the attendees joined hands in a circle around the bride and groom and sang them into their new life together with this song. I'll never forget it. Incredibly beautiful people!

Spent a month in Northern England and the culture there was unbelievable and unique! My hosts asked if I wanted to visit the South, and I just laughed.

One of the most memorable experiences I had there was so distinctly Northern and I was just thrilled down to my toes! I got to go to a typical Northern English wedding reception and it's right up there with my top five experiences of my life. At the end of the evening, all the attendees joined hands in a circle around the bride and groom and sang them into their new life together with this song. I'll never forget it. Incredibly beautiful people!

Glad you liked it, it's the area i come from, most are very friendly and welcoming.

Forum List

Back