not a distraction from Ukraine! New Jersey Democrat Senator Bob Menendez pressures President Biden to deal with "genocide" ongoing in Tigray, Ethiopia

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
a president has to do it all...this is not a distraction, as Breitbart claims in the article

FOG1IsvWQAAeg-1

I have been keeping up with that area by listening to the BBC. I agree it needs our attention. But by the UN, not just the USA.
Also, there are more military actions on the central and west sides of the continent as well . The planet seems to be sliding into the 1960s-70s political type struggles. Just some assassinations of high-level leaders worldwide is all that's missing.

Do we have any treaties with the Ethiopian people? I don't recall any. Our ambassadors and foreign relations people should definitely encourage the regional leaders to end the violence, maybe even assist with humanitarian aid. But that should be part of their normal job, shouldn't it? If they aren't doing their jobs, they should be replaced.

With Ukraine, we have written agreements with them for security assurances given in exchange for the dismantling of its nuclear arsenal and commitment to world peace, which they have fulfilled. If they still had nukes, Putin might have thought twice before he invaded.

I am aware of it from headlines, but I think it's important never to bother putting bad stuff in one's head from places like Ulan Bator or Tigray or Borneo. It's all clickbait! These "headlines" like "Presidential runoff in Mongolia" are just attempts to capture our eyeballs for attention-harvesting to their ads.

The bottom line is, SEP! Somebody Else's Problem. People who are very Other and very far away and they are not us and we are not in charge of them. It's not our business: this is why we are not at war with Russia right now: it is CRAZY to risk WWIII for Ukraine or Tigray or Ulan Bator. We have problems so serious in this country and a serious epidemic at the same time, how about giving up this idea of being World Policeman too?

I don't care what happens in Ethiopia. Ethiopia has been lost since Italy invaded to conquer it. If they aren't "our kind of folks," I just don't care.

Who the fuck cares about Ethiopia?
Is Russia or China or Iran involved?
Manage your tax dollars and resources.
WW3 isn't hanging on Ethiopia.

Forum List

Back