Not much to be had, as far as "clean" TV or anything NOT woke.

Dr.Destructo

Jan 14, 2024
Even with wokeness quickly becoming a killer of business and movies/shows.............I still cannot find much of anything decent to watch.

I love scifi, fantasy, and quirky plots. Aside from Halo, 2 Broke Girls, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, and today I watched a kids movie, Woody Woodpecker goes to Camp.

There are a few other TV shows that seem good, but after watching the trailers and a few episodes, I find they are LONG WINDED, drawn out, and OH SO VERY SLOW. I can't deal with an actual piece of story plot ONCE in ever show, and everything else being filler.

Recently I've been watching a lot of "marathons" of shows on Youtube. This past week was Space 1999. And its fun watching because they have the chat open and I get to gab with other Space 1999 lovers.

Other than that, I've been watching Tubi and Kanopy. Tubi has lots of old TV shows and Kanopy has a lot of British stuff I like.

I dont watch TV anymore, generally only the odd movie but mostly documentaries and historical series on war etc. I find watching series of TV shows on Netflix only mantains its vitality for the first season or two, then the ideas have run out or it goes stale. I have always been a consumer of non-fiction by a wide margin, especially when I read.

The only shows that I have been watching these days are wrapping up this year: Young Sheldon and Blues Bloods. Young Sheldon will end next month and right now the current deal for Blue Bloods is one episode for this Friday, three episodes next month and the final eight will be shown this fall.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Fiction, drama, comedy, etc. are storytelling. TV shows have long lists of required items to draw viewers and sell ads. The stories seem to be pushed down the list or off the list.

Even with wokeness quickly becoming a killer of business and movies/shows.............I still cannot find much of anything decent to watch.

I love scifi, fantasy, and quirky plots. Aside from Halo, 2 Broke Girls, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, and today I watched a kids movie, Woody Woodpecker goes to Camp.

There are a few other TV shows that seem good, but after watching the trailers and a few episodes, I find they are LONG WINDED, drawn out, and OH SO VERY SLOW. I can't deal with an actual piece of story plot ONCE in ever show, and everything else being filler.

Recently I've been watching a lot of "marathons" of shows on Youtube. This past week was Space 1999. And its fun watching because they have the chat open and I get to gab with other Space 1999 lovers.

Other than that, I've been watching Tubi and Kanopy. Tubi has lots of old TV shows and Kanopy has a lot of British stuff I like.
That's why I watch shows from the 60s-90s only.

The only shows that I have been watching these days are wrapping up this year: Young Sheldon and Blues Bloods. Young Sheldon will end next month and right now the current deal for Blue Bloods is one episode for this Friday, three episodes next month and the final eight will be shown this fall.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
What I like about Young Sheldon is that it's about "normal" people and not the others the OP refers to.

That's why I watch shows from the 60s-90s only.

Same here.

I don't watch anything made in the past 10 years really, especially the past 3 or 4 years. The boys I liked and a few other shows but very little in terms of movies or TV shows.

That's why I love Tubi. It's free and has a metric shit ton of TV shows and movies from the 70s to the 90s, good stuff to. I also have a good Blu ray collection as well so I can always have stuff I like.

I'm going through xfiles now since I never saw them all. Just bought sledghammer and max headroom on DVD that should be here soon.

90% of what comes out now is just shit garbage.

Same here.

I don't watch anything made in the past 10 years really, especially the past 3 or 4 years. The boys I liked and a few other shows but very little in terms of movies or TV shows.

That's why I love Tubi. It's free and has a metric shit ton of TV shows and movies from the 70s to the 90s, good stuff to. I also have a good Blu ray collection as well so I can always have stuff I like.

I'm going through xfiles now since I never saw them all. Just bought sledghammer and max headroom on DVD that should be here soon.

90% of what comes out now is just shit garbage.
Yep....just went through Miami Vice series again....

I watch reality-based competition shows like Amazing Race, Survivor, etc. Currently into Tough As Nails, which celebrates working-class people and challenges their skills, as well as their mental and physical toughness.

Fallout on PrimeTV is pretty good. Watched 5 episodes so far, and no woke.
Which is refreshing and odd considering Amazon/MGM produced it.
It was discussed in Review Forum, and as for me, the lack of the happy homosexual couples doesn't mean the lack of the woke ideology.
It seems to me, that this ideology wasn't pounded in with a slagehammer, but rather was an organic and necessary part of the whole story. That's why the result is that nice.
First of all, the visual part - one main hero is a woman, another is black, third is a "dead white man".
Second - the conspiracy of the large corporations against ordinary people and unsaid straightly idea that it's better be red, than dead. Say nothing about their quest for the "clean energy".
Third - those three heroes are, definitely, members of their communities, and all three commited a treason against them.
Lucy betrayed her own father and the values of their three-united community of the Vaults 31,32 and 33. Maximus betrayed his own Knight, and even the Ghouls killed and ate his own fellow "ghoul in distress".

I do not say those were right or wrong choices in the given circumstances. I say, that the creators of this series show us that in some circumstances treason can be justified. "You may be a member of community, but you don't have to follow the rules of your community".

Here is anti-traditional woke ideology, as far as I can understand it.

Forum List

Back