Now college athletes can sell endorsements

It was announced yesterday my alma mater emu is paying our qb $1 million dollars to stay one more year. I think it’s great. When I tried to wrestle in college I had a full load, 3 practices a day and had to work. Eventually I quit. If the coach could have given me $60 a week I wouldn’t have had to work.

Who is paying your QB $1 million? The school? Or is it an endorsement from a private company?

Jeez, WTF? Does it matter? You get all hostile here for no reason. Sealy makes a point.
If you enjoy reading his excuses and bullshit lies, that's up to you. There is only so much dishonesty and idiocy that some people can stomach. The fact that he is a shallow, materialistic, racist closet case only adds to the picture of a worthless scumbag with no character whatsoever. If you're into that, enjoy.

If you enjoy reading his excuses and bullshit lies, that's up to you. There is only so much dishonesty and idiocy that some people can stomach. The fact that he is a shallow, materialistic, racist closet case only adds to the picture of a worthless scumbag with no character whatsoever. If you're into that, enjoy.

But his comment that being both a student and an athlete is hard without the added financial incentive is accurate. Which is what this thread is about.

But his comment that being both a student and an athlete is hard without the added financial incentive is accurate. Which is what this thread is about.
It is pretty clear that you are missing what his comment was really about.

Who is paying your QB $1 million? The school? Or is it an endorsement from a private company?

Schools will be able to afford that kind of thing once Student Loan Forgiveness comes through.

They'll be able to raise tuition as kids will have no problem borrowing money for it, if they know upfront they will never have to pay it back.

Schools will be able to afford that kind of thing once Student Loan Forgiveness comes through.

They'll be able to raise tuition as kids will have no problem borrowing money for it, if they know upfront they will never have to pay it back.

I am not trying to get crossways with the WinterBorn ...
but your post is so full of retarded it would be difficult to figure out where to start.

I wonder what kind of endorsements these tranny swimmers mean to sell -----

I bet they've got agents looking for that.

I am not sweating you getting crossways with me. It's not personal for me.

I was serious ... Just looked at the post I was responding to and about four things jumped out.

I figured I could tackle them one at a time, but they were so intertwined,
it would be fixing the backlash on your reel after the "nest" is so big it stretches from one end of the boat to the other.

I just had to tap out on that one ... Point goes to the Defender ... :auiqs.jpg:

College football and basketball will not be the same after this

Now star high school players can rake in millions of dollars to play for the big schools

Well, it already turned into a cesspool of money.. so... it's not like we're losing anything.

However, free-market capitalism says these players provide a product that people pay lots of money to see. They should be compensated. The NCAA is the farce that still talks about the purity of "amateur athletics" with a straight face, and thinks a worthless degree from their college is appropriate compensation.

I am happy to know that these 80 year old NCAA purists will be having near-seizures in rage knowing that kids can make money off of their talents.

I am happy to know that these 80 year old NCAA purists will be having near-seizures in rage knowing that kids can make money off of their talents.
Thats so stupid

what does age have have to do with it other than some people are still wet behind the ears and too inexperienced to see beyond their nose?

college football has suddenly become the wild wild west and its going to hurt many players in ways that people like you simply cant imagine

compensating players in a controlled way is not bad, but the current rules will have to be changed

Thats so stupid

what does age have have to do with it other than some people are still wet behind the ears and too inexperienced to see beyond their nose?

What does age have to do with it? Everything. These fossils are outdated and yet trying to round up everyone just like it was the 1980's.

Tell me, what benefit do prolific college athletes get from not getting paid for playing or not being able to make money off their namesake?

I'll wait.

Tell me, what benefit do prolific college athletes get from not getting paid for playing or not being able to make money off their namesake?
You really live in a bubble, dont you?

No one said not to pay them anything
but under current rules many players wont get paid a cent

but hey, if you think the new rules are perfect just as they are its a waste of time trying to enlighten you

but hey, if you think the new rules are perfect just as they are its a waste of time trying to enlighten you
Dude, you're the one fighting for todays' rules, I'm the one saying it needs to change.

The difference is the amateur status. An Olympic athlete has always been able to get paid for the use of their Name, Image and Likeness. But not paid to play the game. Is it splitting hairs? Sure. But unsplit hair is a rarity these days.

Also, those with more talent and the drive to excel achieve more in life. I have a lot of friends who are musicians. The talented ones make money.

Forum List

Back