Nuclear Launch Officers Sound Alarm: Trump ‘Should Not Have His Finger On The Button’

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
“He should not have his finger on the button.”

If you’re not frightened by the thought of Donald Trump having his finger on the nuclear button, you should consider listening to these folks.

A group of former nuclear launch officers in the U.S. Air Force have signed an open letter saying they’re disturbed by the idea of Trump standing over what’s known as the “red button.” The letter, with 10 signatories, was first reported by The Washington Post on Thursday.

“Only the president can order a nuclear launch. That order cannot be vetoed and once the missiles have been launched, they cannot be called back,” the letter states. “The consequences of miscalculation, impulsive decision-making or poor judgment on the part of the president could be catastrophic.”

The letter concludes: “Donald Trump should not be the nation’s commander-in-chief. He should not be entrusted with the nuclear launch codes. He should not have his finger on the button.”

More: Nuclear Launch Officers Sound Alarm: Trump ‘Should Not Have His Finger On The Button’

Amen! I couldn't agree more!

If you’re not frightened by the thought of Donald Trump having his finger on the nuclear button, you should consider listening to these folks.

A group of former nuclear launch officers in the U.S. Air Force have signed an open letter saying they’re disturbed by the idea of Trump standing over what’s known as the “red button.” The letter, with 10 signatories, was first reported by The Washington Post on Thursday.

“Only the president can order a nuclear launch. That order cannot be vetoed and once the missiles have been launched, they cannot be called back,” the letter states. “The consequences of miscalculation, impulsive decision-making or poor judgment on the part of the president could be catastrophic.”

The letter concludes: “Donald Trump should not be the nation’s commander-in-chief. He should not be entrusted with the nuclear launch codes. He should not have his finger on the button.”

More: Nuclear Launch Officers Sound Alarm: Trump ‘Should Not Have His Finger On The Button’

I wonder how much money the Clintons paid them to say that?

I wonder how much money the Clintons paid them to say that?

Gee, I don't know, Stevie. Why don't you look into it. Maybe Stormfront could tell you.

It's not just AF nuclear launch officers. It's also the intelligence community that thinks he would be dangerous.

And..............anyone that would order an attack on foreign ships in international waters simply for flipping off a U.S. Navy warship doesn't need to be anywhere close to commanding our Armed Forces.

You don't declare war (which is what firing first on foreign vessels in international waters is), just because someone makes a rude gesture towards you.

10 FORMER launch officers? How many former launch officers are there? Let's see, we have over 1000 ICBMs. All of them have 2 launch officers. They each serve as a launch officer for perhaps 2 years max. That means there are probably over 120,000 former launch officers. And a whole 10 of them oppose Trump?

Yeah, that is impressive. For credibility, that's right up there with the first class grope boob lady.

You liberal fucktards shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the weapons we need to defend this country....

It's not just AF nuclear launch officers. It's also the intelligence community that thinks he would be dangerous.

And..............anyone that would order an attack on foreign ships in international waters simply for flipping off a U.S. Navy warship doesn't need to be anywhere close to commanding our Armed Forces.

You don't declare war (which is what firing first on foreign vessels in international waters is), just because someone makes a rude gesture towards you.

THe intelligence community? You're joking, right? They hate Hillary with a passion. Everyone in the FBI except Comey wanted to prosecute Hillary. The intelligence community is probably the source of the WIkileaks emails.

Who the fuck are they to make a judgment, they have no more information than anyone else, and their former job is irrelevant.

No doubt they feel much safer with Hillary 'I didn't send or receive confidential information' Clinton having them

THe intelligence community? You're joking, right? They hate Hillary with a passion. Everyone in the FBI except Comey wanted to prosecute Hillary. The intelligence community is probably the source of the WIkileaks emails.

Nope. Not joking at all. 50 of them (from the GOP incidentally) signed a letter denouncing Trump.

50 Former GOP National Security Officials Slam Trump in Open Letter

Putin is going to strike first if hillary becomes president...

So pick hillary Rderp chicago will be the first to go...I am safe in South Carolina :)

And Hillary should not have access to the codes, or they might fly out like nukes from her private server.

But please continue with your baseless fearmongering.

Yep.....let's get some journalist to write a story about how dangerous Trump is......so that everyone stays off of the real issues at stake:

1. Private gun ownership
  2. A strong economy
  3. Job creation
  4. Affordable health care
  5. Secure borders
  6. National Security
  7. Bringing Jobs back instead of outsourcing them to China
  8. Lowering Taxes
  9. Ending corruption in Washington
  10. Stopping the bailouts to rich donors
  11. Ending the constant wars in the Middle-East
  12. Stopping mass migration of refugees into the US
  13. Throwing Hillary's ass in jail for all of the crimes he's committed
  14. A complete audit of the Treasury to find out where Obama spent almost $10 trillion in cash

“The consequences of miscalculation, impulsive decision-making or poor judgment on the part of the president could be catastrophic.”

But enough about Obama.

And Hillary should not have access to the codes, or they might fly out like nukes from her private server.

And please continue with your childish, idiotic posts. Seriously, I get a good laugh out of them every time I read one.

And please continue with your childish, idiotic posts. Seriously, I get a good laugh out of them every time I read one.

Cool story... I hope you see the irony.

If there's an attack, I'm not really worried, because I'll probably go up quick when the firing starts.

PANTEX (a place where they store, assemble and disassemble nuclear weapons) is only about 8 miles away from Amarillo and is sure to be one of the first targets.

10 FORMER launch officers? How many former launch officers are there? Let's see, we have over 1000 ICBMs. All of them have 2 launch officers. They each serve as a launch officer for perhaps 2 years max. That means there are probably over 120,000 former launch officers. And a whole 10 of them oppose Trump?

Yeah, that is impressive. For credibility, that's right up there with the first class grope boob lady.

My grandfather commanded was one...he's all for Trump. I wonder how long and how much finding 10 took?

we should put the launch codes on a private server. you know the president doesn't actually push the button though right ?

Forum List

Back