NYPD Bosses: Meet arrest quotas or lose your vacation

pillars

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2014
Police Bosses to NYPD Start Arresting People for Victimless Crimes Again or Lose Vacations

In order to protest what they view as New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s mistreatment of cops, the NYPD has scaled back its ticket-writing. The result? Crime has not increased but the government’s revenues have slumped. To make up for the lack of enforcement, police precincts around New York have instituted a new policy. As one union source told the New York Post,

“Police officers around the city are now threatened with transfers, no vacation time and sick time unless they write summonses…This is the same practice that caused officers to be labeled racist and abusers of power.”

Gothamist also reported that lunch breaks are being denied. Rather than being relieved that their services are not necessary to maintain “law and order,” “top brass” are angry that cops are not harassing enough people. In fact, there were zero citations written for low-level crimes on New Year’s Eve.

Because we all know that what police officers are for is to generate city revenues...

Police Bosses to NYPD Start Arresting People for Victimless Crimes Again or Lose Vacations

In order to protest what they view as New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s mistreatment of cops, the NYPD has scaled back its ticket-writing. The result? Crime has not increased but the government’s revenues have slumped. To make up for the lack of enforcement, police precincts around New York have instituted a new policy. As one union source told the New York Post,

“Police officers around the city are now threatened with transfers, no vacation time and sick time unless they write summonses…This is the same practice that caused officers to be labeled racist and abusers of power.”

Gothamist also reported that lunch breaks are being denied. Rather than being relieved that their services are not necessary to maintain “law and order,” “top brass” are angry that cops are not harassing enough people. In fact, there were zero citations written for low-level crimes on New Year’s Eve.

Because we all know that what police officers are for is to generate city revenues...

I wonder if the "top brass" are getting their instructions from the Mayor or his office. Cops don't benefit from fines, the City does.

Why should anyone be arrested or fined for not breaking the law? This mayor is out of control.

tmmda150107.gif

Great,either I go out and face a bunch of feral negros that the mayor riled up or I lose my vacation.
Gee,I dont see anything that would piss me off in this situation at all.

De blasio should try to make amends by apologizing to the NYPD, but he won't, so we'll see where this goes from here. My guess is the police stand firm and De blasio is gone.

I wonder if the "top brass" are getting their instructions from the Mayor or his office. Cops don't benefit from fines, the City does.

If a portion of a cop's salary, or benefits, or car, or vest, etc. is paid for by fines, then police do indeed benefit from them.

They're not meeting their quotas and... WHOA... New York is doing just fine! :eek:

What?

99% of a cops job is to be a glorified tax collector. Better pull over some more soccer moms popo's unless you want to lose your vacation. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back