Obama Calls for Amendment Limiting Free-Speech Rights

Absolutely.

We take care of our own, first, and our friends and allies, second. Just like every other nation on the face of the planet with any brains or balls.

.....and THAT is what I wanted to hear (read)......But, such may give pause to the "anti-Obama-regardless" crowd.

I recall 'Her Thighness Clinton' calling for this as well.

Seems Obama is going after the Constitution again

-Geaux
-------------------------------
(CNSNews.com) –President Barack Obama endorsed a constitutional amendment that would restrict the free-speech rights of political activist groups by overturning the Supreme Court decision in the landmark Citizens United v FEC case that granted First Amendment rights to corporations.

“Over the longer term, I think we need to seriously consider mobilizing a constitutional amendment process to overturn Citizens United,” Obama wrote during a question and answer session on the website Reddit on Wednesday.

“Even if the amendment process falls short, it can shine a spotlight of the super-PAC phenomenon and help apply pressure for change.”

In its decision, the Supreme Court said that the government could not restrict the free-speech rights of organizations during elections, striking down key provisions of the McCain-Feingold campaign finance law.

That law restricted how much money independent political organizations could spend and banned them from engaging in election-related speech 60 days prior to a general election.

Citizens united was a farce upon the people. Congress needs to be the fixer in this case by passing legislation reflecting such and people need to start realizing that the monsters they build will eventually come to bite them. Corporations, bodies gathered together run by a few, whether its Unions, Churches or organized groups in generally are not person nor should they have ever been granted personhood by the courts. These giants are powers and principalities.
You dont get this, do you?
No federal action could overturn Citizens, which speaks to Constitutional rights.
Corporations have been recognized as persons since the early 1900s.
This is about freedom. Why do you hate freedom?
Why would you make false accusations against me when you actually have no clue why I say that? It is not freedom of the people when corporations and people with more money than the people who are actually voting are making up all this shit they are forcing upon the people.
When corporations can buy off judges, politicians and thugs to go after decent law abiding citizens for the greed of a few that is not freedom nor is it liberty. It is up to our Legally voted in representatives to represent us the people, not you or the group over there whoever you may be for the sake of their commerce. That is not freedom. The moment my country allowed large corporations, bought and paid for lawyers, banks, insurance companies, judges and thugs in unions to take me out of business they crushed the liberty and freedom that walks through this land. When truth was replaced with a lie in a court that was suppose to mete out lawful justice it told me pretty much all I needed to know about how corrupt our country has truly become. As a young divorce single mother over thirty years ago I actually believe our country stood for truth and liberty. It does not anymore and I don't just say that lightly. NO one stood with us as freedom, personal property rights and true justice was raped by men and women who claimed to be upholding the law. Instead they allowed illegal seizures of private property, called me a terrorist for documenting their theft, threaten to have me arrest more times than I can count as I documented what they were doing, allowed and propagated more lies than I could have ever have imagined to take out two little small business enterprises and try to taint our names forever for we could never go or try to go back into business. I'd say sir if that is what you are that you are a liar and a thief among them.

Freedom is not having giants rule over you no matter who they are!!!!!!

Last edited:

-Geaux
(CNSNews.com) –President Barack Obama endorsed a constitutional amendment that would restrict the free-speech rights of political activist groups by overturning the Supreme Court decision in the landmark Citizens United v FEC case that granted First Amendment rights to corporations.

“Over the longer term, I think we need to seriously consider mobilizing a constitutional amendment process to overturn Citizens United,” Obama wrote during a question and answer session on the website Reddit on Wednesday.

“Even if the amendment process falls short, it can shine a spotlight of the super-PAC phenomenon and help apply pressure for change.”

In its decision, the Supreme Court said that the government could not restrict the free-speech rights of organizations during elections, striking down key provisions of the McCain-Feingold campaign finance law.

That law restricted how much money independent political organizations could spend and banned them from engaging in election-related speech 60 days prior to a general election.

Typical. On one they thread they are screaming about constitutional civil rights while their leader seeks to squelch a fundamental right.
They aren't concerned with our civil rights.......only theirs.

They don't care if the government fucks us over as long as they can get their gay marriages and their illegal immigration. This helps them takeover states and thus rig elections through the electoral process. California, New York, New Jersey, Florida, and next Texas. Flood them with foreigners and reduce the electoral weight of the flyover states through a massive demographic shift in populations. It's called the Browning of America.

-Geaux

Citizens united was a farce upon the people. Congress needs to be the fixer in this case by passing legislation reflecting such and people need to start realizing that the monsters they build will eventually come to bite them. Corporations, bodies gathered together run by a few, whether its Unions, Churches or organized groups in generally are not person nor should they have ever been granted personhood by the courts. These giants are powers and principalities.
No federal action could overturn Citizens, which speaks to Constitutional rights.
Why would you make false accusations against me when you actually have no clue why I say that? It is not freedom of the people when corporations and people with more money than the people who are actually voting are making up all this shit they are forcing upon the people.
When corporations can buy off judges, politicians and thugs to go after decent law abiding citizens for the greed of a few that is not freedom nor is it liberty. It is up to our Legally voted in representatives to represent us the people, not you or the group over there whoever you may be for the sake of their commerce. That is not freedom. The moment my country allowed large corporations, bought and paid for lawyers, banks, insurance companies, judges and thugs in unions to take me out of business they crushed the liberty and freedom that walks through this land. When truth was replaced with a lie in a court that was suppose to mete out lawful justice it told me pretty much all I needed to know about how corrupt our country has truly become. As a young divorce single mother over thirty years ago I actually believe our country stood for truth and liberty. It does not anymore and I don't just say that lightly. NO one stood with us as freedom, personal property rights and true justice was raped by men and women who claimed to be upholding the law. Instead they allowed illegal seizures of private property, called me a terrorist for documenting their theft, threaten to have me arrest more times than I can count as I documented what they were doing, allowed and propagated more lies than I could have ever have imagined to take out two little small business enterprises and try to taint our names forever for we could never go or try to go back into business. I'd say sir if that is what you are that you are a liar and a thief among them.

Which particular "man' is oppressing your today?

90% of them get re-elected over and over anyway

Then FIGHT for term limits.
yea good luck with that.....some say vote the fucker out,there is your term limits,but remember, the prevailing attitude is...."its not my congress person who sucks,its yours".....so these people just keep on getting elected over and over...voters today have a party problem,no matter how pathetic their candidate is,they will vote for them anyway,because they represent my party.....so the same shit just keeps on keeping on....

So Obama recommended something stupid that will never happen, sounds like a typical day for him.

Someday you'll realize that you should have hated Obama less and loved the US just a bit more.

Obama is a liar and I hate liars.
then you must hate every politician out there.....

And your point is?
i have to tell you?....you cant figure that out?..i bet even shootspeedos knows what i meant....

-Geaux

Which particular "man' is oppressing your today?
Nothing has been replaced of what has been stolen. Truth is still denied by the courts. It has been not even a year gone by since their latest theft against us of stealing our land. Now that is all is left and the court denied the basic rights to our land patent and the county awarded our land to neighbors through erroneous Quit Claim deeds and the court threw us out because we could not hire or find an attorney after the county filed to even make a response. OH' tis perfectly okay for a government agency to go along with fraudulent documents that is really not fraud by their standards. That is no surprise because the court will insure justice will not prevail. Same thing as when my equipment was sabotage and the bank committed fraud and then stole all of Rod equipment and raided our house and shop. The court gave the lawsuit I had against the manufacturer to the bank and the bank dismissed the action. Walla, damn hard to defend yourself against corruption when you have no money or financial resources to defend with and the law within the government stands with those who are corrupt;

The mantra; 'Don't expect for a minute for your senators or congressmen to get involved either because if you stand on truth you are not welcome into the club. By the way if it was one of ours that illegally took you out don't think for a moment we will support your efforts to defend yourself either'.

I don't think you really are interested in the names involved you just are trying to create some more bullshit to try to strengthen your ideal of what others should be ruled over by. I have not forgotten your previous slander towards me. I can tell you this though, you gave your country away yourselves and when truth comes you will be the ones whining the hardest about being victimized. Me I'm just a lowly human being that has already been stomped into the ground and treaded over. I do still have the spirit in me though and some breath left to tell people about the truth of what has been done to them as people like you told them that they were going to be liberated and have true freedom.

"President Barack Obama endorsed a constitutional amendment that would restrict the free-speech rights of political activist groups by overturning the Supreme Court decision in the landmark Citizens United v FEC case that granted First Amendment rights to corporations."

Good. Money isn't speech, and corporations aren't people. Not all that difficult to understand if you think about it, which you don't.

Yes...money is speech since you need it to create commerial, signs, posters and everything else......the government can stick you in a jail cell 100 ft. underground and you can scream to your hearts content...but that isn't free speech.

The ability to get your message out depends on money....we are a free people and people need to be paid......of course you guys prefer the "slave" model...but the republicans defeated you in the 1860s and you had to free your slaves......

"President Barack Obama endorsed a constitutional amendment that would restrict the free-speech rights of political activist groups by overturning the Supreme Court decision in the landmark Citizens United v FEC case that granted First Amendment rights to corporations."

Good. Money isn't speech, and corporations aren't people. Not all that difficult to understand if you think about it, which you don't.

So, you're in favor (not surprised) preventing a company for airing commercials endorsing a candidate? No editorials etc,,, books....... you get my drift

Scary stuff

-Geaux
Not really. It's American history actually, when we used to have much better elections, and much better politics.

What a load of horseshit.......that is rewriting history......the elections back then were just as nasty as they are now.....

Corporations are tax treatment statuses for the purposes of tax law. They are documents with all kinds of numbers the feds want to see.

People are people.

Not the same.

Unions are not people either.....ban them from politics......

It occurs to me that, just like with Health Care, the issue has not been well defined.

Just what does President Obama think he'll accomplish with this amendment ?

He claims to be a "constitutional scholar" (what that is....don't ask me) so he should at least know that any time you create a "rule" it's going to have mixed results (in regards to what you intended).

Define the issue first....then we'll work the solutions.

-Geaux

That are limits to any constitutional right.

-Geaux

That are limits to any constitutional right.

Who will enforce this suppression of speech?

-Geaux

You have to wonder what Democrats are so scared of that they are constantly demonizing Citizens and trying to overturn it. After all, it gives them the same ability to form corporations and campaign on issues as conservatives. Perhaps it is that Democrats already have all the corporations campaigning for them so anything else must be going to the opposition.

I don't agree with Citizens either.

But an amendment isn't the answer.

Seems like voters educating themselves (and not listening to the Hacks who run the communications networks) would weaken the power of money.

But then again that's not going to happen, is it? Look at how many people are taken in by advertising, McDonalds, Pepsi, Coca-Cola being some of the bigger ones. They make a fortune because they mind control so many people.
is it mind control or a superior product over other like products?....if i like coke over pepsi is that coke controlling my mind or me thinking coke is a better tasting soda?....

I'll give an example.

I worked in a small supermarket close to a national park one summer. The guy who was in charge of the afternoon shift was a 'Nam vet. His wife had left him with two girls to bring up, and a rather large dog.

He could get Coca-Cola for free from the taps we had over by the Deli. He was on food stamps so being able to shove his body full of sugar for free, you'd think, would be a good thing.

No. He went and bought Pepsi at 99 cents (before tax) a bottle, almost no matter the size of the bottle.

I asked him why. He said it was because Pepsi was the drink of the poor people and Coca-Cola wasn't.

How could he have got this idea? Only through advertising. He had been bought, his mind controlled.

You have to wonder what Democrats are so scared of that they are constantly demonizing Citizens and trying to overturn it. After all, it gives them the same ability to form corporations and campaign on issues as conservatives. Perhaps it is that Democrats already have all the corporations campaigning for them so anything else must be going to the opposition.

I don't agree with Citizens either.

But an amendment isn't the answer.

Seems like voters educating themselves (and not listening to the Hacks who run the communications networks) would weaken the power of money.

But then again that's not going to happen, is it? Look at how many people are taken in by advertising, McDonalds, Pepsi, Coca-Cola being some of the bigger ones. They make a fortune because they mind control so many people.
is it mind control or a superior product over other like products?....if i like coke over pepsi is that coke controlling my mind or me thinking coke is a better tasting soda?....

I'll give an example.

I worked in a small supermarket close to a national park one summer. The guy who was in charge of the afternoon shift was a 'Nam vet. His wife had left him with two girls to bring up, and a rather large dog.

He could get Coca-Cola for free from the taps we had over by the Deli. He was on food stamps so being able to shove his body full of sugar for free, you'd think, would be a good thing.

No. He went and bought Pepsi at 99 cents (before tax) a bottle, almost no matter the size of the bottle.

I asked him why. He said it was because Pepsi was the drink of the poor people and Coca-Cola wasn't.

How could he have got this idea? Only through advertising. He had been bought, his mind controlled.

How does that relate to the question at hand ?

If people can be controlled at one level, they can be controlled period.

Many people are simply looking for a story to fit their view of the world. Look at lefties and righties. They don't change even when the facts make them look stupid. They are bought in and have been from the start.

Teaching people to not be weak minded is the place to start. Don't know if you'll ever win that one.

And do weak minded people vote ? Seriously....many people do not vote. I don't know that statistics but it would seem that the weak minded would tend to not see value in voting.

An thought for investigation.

-Geaux

Well as long as you support corporations attempting to buy elections, I can see why you would support this. On the other hand, for those of us who oppose that decision, changing the constitution is actually the legal and correct process to go about to make this type of change.

Forum List

Back