🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama planning to close gun sale loopholes via executive action

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012

The administration is proposing a federal rule that would keep convicted felons and others who would not pass a criminal background check from being able to elude detection by registering weapons in the name of a company or trust. The rule would require every person associated with the trust or business to be fingerprinted and background checked as if they were each purchasing and registering guns separately.

So, who has a problem with preventing felons from circumventing the law?

Conservative Idiot Says "Duh, fellons will just find another way."

You mean it's harder for them to break the law?

Conservative Idiot Says: "Duh, no they'll just find another way."

So, by that logic, why do we have rape or robbery laws? -- if the rapist or robber is just going to break the law anyway?

The administration is proposing a federal rule that would keep convicted felons and others who would not pass a criminal background check from being able to elude detection by registering weapons in the name of a company or trust. The rule would require every person associated with the trust or business to be fingerprinted and background checked as if they were each purchasing and registering guns separately.

So, by that logic, why do we have rape or robbery laws? -- if the rapist or robber is just going to break the law anyway?

The point is that the actions he is taking will NOT achieve the results that everyone is clamoring for. He's barking up the wrong fucking tree. He seems to be doing that a lot these days.
(yet he and others have ok'd giving weapons to Islamic radicals ?) :cuckoo:

Laws are written so that the Law-Abiding citizens will comply with them. Since the overwhelming majority of citizens are law abiding, this creates Order, instead of Chaos.

However, laws written with the "intent" to "limit criminals" are an abject failure, because the those who dwell in Chaos recognize no Laws. Such laws only constrain those who are ALREADY law abiding.

Only applies to machine guns, short barrel shotguns and rifles and other Class 3 NFA licenses.

Under U.S. law, machine guns and short-barreled shotguns must be registered, and buyers must be fingerprinted and pass a background check, unless the gun is registered to a trust or corporation.

Last year, the ATF received more than 39,000 request to transfer the restricted guns to trusts or corporations.

"It's a very artful dodge to get around for people who are not capable legally of owning weapons to be able to gain access," Biden said.

Obama changes rules to close two gun loopholes | Reuters

Republican President uses executive action to close the Dead people voting democrat loophole

The dear leader is once again coming up with solutions in search of a problem. Neither of the links posted sited one example of this actually happening and current laws would already allow for prosecution of persons involved in a corporation who provide illegal access to firearms of any type, so no loophole even exist.

The dear leader is once again coming up with solutions in search of a problem. Neither of the links posted sited one example of this actually happening and current laws would already allow for prosecution of persons involved in a corporation who provide illegal access to firearms of any type, so no loophole even exist.

This dude is the scum under my shoe. What a fuckin communist. It's taking every bit of me not to say how I really feel about this asshole. I have met plenty like him in my time, and............

More of his shit destroying America

herr-Obama.jpg

So much for fixing broken AK kits. That was a great way to get around maggots like Obama. That's OK, I can still drill out a receiver for an AR from an aluminum blank lower with no serial number necessary.

more anti-freedom
more tyranny
more ignorance

Weren't you the asshole that cheered Holder not enforcing federal laws earlier b/c of freedom?

fucking hypocrite.

Arm our enemy and always trying to infringe on our rights. Kinda got it backwards, ey?

How is that a gun sale loophole? That applies only to people that already own a gun and are registering it, not to people that are buying one. Federal law already requires that people who buy a gun go through a background check.

But, please, tell me I am an idiot for pointing that out.

I'm not particularly opposed to this.

I don't imagine it will affect more that 50 people, but those people shouldn't have access to firearms, and I imagine Congress would pass this as a stand alone law.

The re-importation...I really don't know a lot about that.

It doesn't sound particularly unreasonable, but like I said, it's not on my radar so I'd have to say I don't have enough information to present an informed opinion.

Executive actions, unlike congressional actions can be voided the same way they were made. Another exeutive action. It's not a law that requires congressional or judicial action.

This equates to his half baked ass disclosures to the enemy he was going to lob a few rounds into Damascus.

Britain broke it off in his arse

This gun EO is bullshit too

-Geaux

Forum List

Back