Obama promises to pay legal fees WITH OUR MONEY if companies don't warn employees

You listen to me, because I am making a prediction here. IF the military is cut due to sequestration (and it will because the liberals absolutely HATE the military - decimating the military was always the end game) then there will be a war. Not one of these Iraq or Afghanistan little brush fire wars. I'm talking an all out, kick us in the nuts war. Naval engagements, invasions, entire military formations gone, etc. Someone, some where will get the idea that they can do something and that the risk of our retaliation or intervention will be so minimal due to our cuts in defense. And naturally, they will be right. But of course, since Barry and his cronies will be gone, the current President will be faced with standing up to someone that we really don't have the strength to stand up to. You think that Kennedy's butt was puckering in October of 1961? It will make that look like a friendly game of water polo.

I don't know how completely ignorant of world politics the Demo's can be? Yes, I do, just look at Biden. This man is a walking buffoon and he's Barry's "expert".

Honestly, I'm betting Iran but I've not completely ruled out North Korea. And let's not forget our wonderful trading partners, the Chinese Communists. They and the Japanese are into a pushing match right now over some islands. The Chinese dislike the Japanese (refer to the Nanking massacre and the rape of Manchuria) with a great passion and they have over one million ACTIVE army members. They've just launched their first aircraft carrier and the J-20 is their version of the F-22 stealth fighter. Kim Jong Un comes from a long line of psychopathic in-bred monsters, does anybody really believe that he's any different of a "dear leader" than his father or grand father? He wants the south, he wants their industrial base, and he wants to unify the two under his "dear leadership." We are still in a state of war on the Korean peninsula. He also has a one million man army mulling around.

You mark my words. It IS going to happen. You don't pacify these idiots by 'talking' to them. You stand up to them and you give them clearly defined parameters of whats acceptable. Otherwise, you're going to wind up fighting for your life. Too bad the demo's are too ignorant to understand this.

This is against the law... but when has that ever stopped them?

It is a violation of the law for the companies. Hence the promise to pay legal fees. Sadly the poor people getting laid off won't see it coming. If Obama really cared he would promise to pay their bills. A phone and foodstamps just isn't going to cut it

I thought you guys wanted less government? If people at defense contracting companies lose their jobs by cutting out wasteful government spending, isn't that OK? Sort of like cutting our force of poliemen, firemen, teachers, etc etc? You know, public servants that you were OK with in order to balance the budgets?

I want a president that

DOESN'T TELL PEOPLE TO INTENTIONALLY BREAK THE LAW

it would also be nice if the left had better reading comprehension

You listen to me, because I am making a prediction here. IF the military is cut due to sequestration (and it will because the liberals absolutely HATE the military - decimating the military was always the end game) then there will be a war. Not one of these Iraq or Afghanistan little brush fire wars. I'm talking an all out, kick us in the nuts war. Naval engagements, invasions, entire military formations gone, etc. Someone, some where will get the idea that they can do something and that the risk of our retaliation or intervention will be so minimal due to our cuts in defense. And naturally, they will be right. But of course, since Barry and his cronies will be gone, the current President will be faced with standing up to someone that we really don't have the strength to stand up to. You think that Kennedy's butt was puckering in October of 1961? It will make that look like a friendly game of water polo.

I don't know how completely ignorant of world politics the Demo's can be? Yes, I do, just look at Biden. This man is a walking buffoon and he's Barry's "expert".

Honestly, I'm betting Iran but I've not completely ruled out North Korea. And let's not forget our wonderful trading partners, the Chinese Communists. They and the Japanese are into a pushing match right now over some islands. The Chinese dislike the Japanese (refer to the Nanking massacre and the rape of Manchuria) with a great passion and they have over one million ACTIVE army members. They've just launched their first aircraft carrier and the J-20 is their version of the F-22 stealth fighter. Kim Jong Un comes from a long line of psychopathic in-bred monsters, does anybody really believe that he's any different of a "dear leader" than his father or grand father? He wants the south, he wants their industrial base, and he wants to unify the two under his "dear leadership." We are still in a state of war on the Korean peninsula. He also has a one million man army mulling around.

You mark my words. It IS going to happen. You don't pacify these idiots by 'talking' to them. You stand up to them and you give them clearly defined parameters of whats acceptable. Otherwise, you're going to wind up fighting for your life. Too bad the demo's are too ignorant to understand this.

Since you seem so absolute, can you please tell me which country possesses the weaponry to engage the US in "naval engagements", and which could actually pull off an "invasion" of our shores?

Last edited:
It is a violation of the law for the companies. Hence the promise to pay legal fees. Sadly the poor people getting laid off won't see it coming. If Obama really cared he would promise to pay their bills. A phone and foodstamps just isn't going to cut it

I thought you guys wanted less government? If people at defense contracting companies lose their jobs by cutting out wasteful government spending, isn't that OK? Sort of like cutting our force of poliemen, firemen, teachers, etc etc? You know, public servants that you were OK with in order to balance the budgets?

I want a president that

I'm sorry. I guess I missed your true intent because it got washed out in this jibberish:

Sadly the poor people getting laid off won't see it coming. If Obama really cared he would promise to pay their bills. A phone and foodstamps just isn't going to cut it

It was almost as if you actually cared for the members of the 47% who will lose their jobs. Now, I see that this is just another one of your "Obama bashing" threads...

I want a president that

I'm sorry. I guess I missed your true intent because it got washed out in this jibberish:

Sadly the poor people getting laid off won't see it coming. If Obama really cared he would promise to pay their bills. A phone and foodstamps just isn't going to cut it

It was almost as if you actually cared for the members of the 47% who will lose their jobs. Now, I see that this is just another one of your "Obama bashing" threads...

In just 2 posts you've avoided the topic twice and made the thread about everyone else.

How bout you address the topic on your third attempt.

I want a president that

He's been selectively enforcing our laws since he took office, based on which way he feels the political winds are blowing.

Democrats should be ASHAMED. The WARN Act was THEIR law. They passed in with a veto-proof majority in 1988 without Reagan's signature. It was once important to them. But now, NOTHING is as important to them as saving Barack Obama's personal ambitions.

I want a president that

In just 2 posts you've avoided the topic twice and made the thread about everyone else.

Sure. Obama has broken no law, nor is he asking any contractor to break any law. The Dept. of Labor agrees with him as well. When are you going to get your head out of your ass?

I want a president that

:clap2:

What do we expect from a dictator who when he can't get Congress to pass a law, he simply enacts it himself.. SEE AMNESTY.

Sure. Obama has broken no law, nor is he asking any contractor to break any law. The Dept. of Labor agrees with him as well. When are you going to get your head out of your ass?

Thanks for trying. You might as well just keep on trolling, seems it's all you're capable of.

It's not violating any laws, because the layoffs aren't going to happen.

Neither side will let it happen.

I don't think that is pertinent at this point. If they are SCHEDULED for layoffs, (regardless if it actually happens or not) they have to be notified. That is the law. Using taxpayer funds for litigation fees is certainly not legal.
Now let's talk ethics, Doctor....

Yea, but there are no scheduled layoffs. There will only be layoff if the cuts go through, which they won't.

^^^^^ This is an example of how a liberal will BLATANTLY lie....

Please elaborate on said blatant lie...

Here is an example of how disgusting and self serving this Administration and it's Zombie herd are, all which go with the Entitlement attitude--- From the WH:
The guidance issued Friday told contractors that if the automatic cuts happen and contractors lay off employees the government will cover certain liability and litigation costs in the event the contractor is later sued because it hadn’t provided adequate legal warning to its employees, but only if the contractor abides by the administration’s notice and refrains from warning employees now.

At White House Request, Lockheed Martin Drops Plan to Issue Layoff Notices - ABC News

The WARN Act was passed and is LAW.. This Administration and it's band of liberal liars think they can skirt the law, influence contractors and use TAXPAYER money to break the law. This Administration thinks itself and it's AG above the law.

I don't need to.. It's been pointed out in and throughout this thread.. You know it and every liberal knows it. There isn't one single day on this forum that a liberal doesn't blatantly lie.. NOT ONE..In fact, 90% of you do it.. day in and day out. With a pathological liar like Obama, no wonder.

The same President who took off to Vegas hours after our Ambassador had been tortured and slaughtered.. as Embasses still burned.. Now tells Contractors to break the law and bribes them with taxpayer money.

It's not violating any laws, because the layoffs aren't going to happen.

Neither side will let it happen.

I don't think that is pertinent at this point. If they are SCHEDULED for layoffs, (regardless if it actually happens or not) they have to be notified. That is the law. Using taxpayer funds for litigation fees is certainly not legal.
Now let's talk ethics, Doctor....

Yea, but there are no scheduled layoffs. There will only be layoff if the cuts go through, which they won't.

Nothing has happened which would prevent those cuts from being made. So there is no reason whatsoever to conclude that they won't as one prepares a business plan.

These layoffs are more than a "distinct possibility", Katz. As things stand today, they're happening. We have no reason whatsoever to believe they won't.

If they reach some kind of deal on the budget there won't be lay offs. There's no budget because Harry Reid won't let any budget come to the senate for consideration. No one in the house, not even democrats has ever voted to pass a budget that came from obama.

so why are you guys concerned about these fakes jobs?

they cant be real becuase they are funded by the government.

We all know the government cant creat jobs.

well at least in con world its true

Being fully aware that you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer, even you should be capable of recognizing that the discussion is about ending jobs, not creating them. The following should provide you with a clue:

The government can create government jobs, and governmental needs for goods and services can create some private sector jobs, connected to meeting those needs. Beyond that scope, government cannot create private sector jobs. Unless, of course, government does attempt to create jobs by throwing money at cronies and fundraisers, to create a false economy while enriching its friends. That is properly called government corruption.

These layoffs are more than a "distinct possibility", Katz. As things stand today, they're happening. We have no reason whatsoever to believe they won't.

If they reach some kind of deal on the budget there won't be lay offs. There's no budget because Harry Reid won't let any budget come to the senate for consideration. No one in the house, not even democrats has ever voted to pass a budget that came from obama.

Exactly. For over three years now, Democrats have blocked any attempt to make a budget, and Obama's submitted budgets are so bad he can't even get votes from his own party, not even one. There's no reason to believe that's going to change now.

I don't need to.. It's been pointed out in and throughout this thread.. You know it and every liberal knows it. There isn't one single day on this forum that a liberal doesn't blatantly lie.. NOT ONE..In fact, 90% of you do it.. day in and day out. With a pathological liar like Obama, no wonder.

So.....you are assuming that $500B cut to the DoD budget immediately leads to "massive layoffs" at defense contractors? Why would you assume that? Why would the defense contractors assume that. Per the WARN law, the layoffs must be known and scheduled by the employer. At this time, neither should be in place, so I still don't see the "broken law" you speak of?

Forum List

Back